rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
hub2

Mario Kart 8

Never had I had so many communication errors in one day... Sorry for those I was racing against!

Never had I had so many communication errors in one day... Sorry for those I was racing against!

Those moments last night where I'd bomb past someone who has oddly slowed down, the grin on my face slowly morphing into a "WHAT THE FU..." moment as I spot the red shell they're holding, realise their trickery and then get knocked even further behind than I was before.

You tricksy buggers.

Sorry for that, I was starting to go mad after 5 hours of playing. I was trying to get CGMF anyway, honest :) .

Excellent games again, I really really need to practice. I have no idea where some of you get the speed from and I literally start losing control of the kart at times it's so bloody quick!

DS, I accidentally left the group and by the time I got back in you'd gone as well but think it was late enough anyway. Great stuff, more soon... :)

People see Mario Kart 8 and think "ahhh, nice colourful game for the kids to race each other.", but the reality is just vicious! Even myself, last night I was playing with Si etc. and got awarded a triple red shell item. I was coming over a high, sweeping, left-hander and could see Si just around an S-bend further on. So I ping him with one of the shells. Just as he was recovering his kart, I was still far enough away that he could have got going before I caught him up, so I pinged him with another. Then, just as I was about to pass him he was recovering again, so I waited a second and threw the last one backwards.

So many ways to ruin someone's day. Dark Souls. Mario Kart.

• Upvote 3

It's a good job the sheer audacity and ridiculousness makes you laugh most of the time though.

It makes me laugh anyway.

• Upvote 2

That fucking finish last night, i dont know how I do this, if its the game or just me. But every time i launch a green shell forward...it eventually finds its way back to me. Its unbelievable how many times i do it..launch it forward, 3 diagonal bounces later it hits me, usually when im 1st or just behind 1st. I performed miracles to be in the lead on that wario stadium, bossed the last lap, then shot myself in the foot. Goddamn game.

Desperate for DLC now, its reaching the saturation point for me, still having fun, had some hilarious races last night, some crazy wins and losses, some wins i nicked from peoples noses hilariously, a loss on the desert where i was pipped by cosmic squirrel and his mushroom.

Haha yah I got lucky with that mushroom.

I kinda feel the races are more to do with luck than skill sometimes. Around 6pm yesterday cgmf got three stars in a row on the donkey Kong track, my Co op buddy had the rage at that point..

Yeah theres a lot of people who are all brilliant and it just depends who gets out in front. I cant really complain about losses, cos ive had my fair share of evil victories.

That fucking finish last night, i dont know how I do this, if its the game or just me. But every time i launch a green shell forward...it eventually finds its way back to me. Its unbelievable how many times i do it..launch it forward, 3 diagonal bounces later it hits me, usually when im 1st or just behind 1st. I performed miracles to be in the lead on that wario stadium, bossed the last lap, then shot myself in the foot. Goddamn game.

This! Green shells are purest evil. I've had some utterly sick long range hits with them based on predicting where someone would be on the next corner, but 90% of them have bounced off a wall and straight back into me.

Good games last night, was great to race with people from here.
I'm still getting used to the bike, and I don't really know the tracks well enough yet for the standard of competition but great laugh all the same.

This! Green shells are purest evil. I've had some utterly sick long range hits with them based on predicting where someone would be on the next corner, but 90% of them have bounced off a wall and straight back into me.

Same here, its either guts or glory, perfect arcing shot into the weapon boxes, or dink...dink....dink...SPLAT.

If that weren't a vertical video, it would be the most beautiful thing ever.

Stylistic choice.

Excellent games again, I really really need to practice. I have no idea where some of you get the speed from and I literally start losing control of the kart at times it's so bloody quick!

DS, I accidentally left the group and by the time I got back in you'd gone as well but think it was late enough anyway. Great stuff, more soon... :)

I fancied some late general online as I was mashed at that point. Good games y'all. I seem to come mid-pack a lot of time, too many races of getting hit a few times on first lap then just getting mushrooms for the rest of the race. That Bullet I got on the final lap though, took me from last to third.

• Upvote 1

Noob question. How do I join you guys for a race if it won't let me join the tournament you are playing?

Find a forumite on your list that's online and join him/her. Chances are they'll be playing the tournament.

When joining them it'll tell you if they're playing Rllmuk tournament.

Yeah, that was great stuff. One small mistake would lose the race!

I think i prefer races with 5 or 6 players, seems more tactical.

Just had some intense Matches against Angel and Dismembo and some one else. This is from a 1vs1 match against Angel though. We did a few which were pretty even and this one pretty much sums it up. That finish is probably the closest scramble for the line I've had yet, and that's saying something.

• Upvote 2

Yeah some good races, enjoyed it. Youve sent me back to using bowser now, my metal mario couldnt catch you from the start with your higher acceleration, you obviously do well grabbing coins to max out your speed with the little guy quickly. Had some good races from midnight against dismembo and donut, fairly evenly split, id usually win one then come 3rd then 2nd and we'd vary that for the most part. Some hilarious shell action, wish the uploading was a bit faster else id have loads of good clips.

If I hadnt have "perfectly timed " crashing into angel he would have probably accelerated past me.Well it was my intention just didnt think it would work! Metal mario makes a hell of a racket though so its pretty obvious when he's close. Yes please stop using him his voice haunts me.

I dont know how people use the chunky characters with the over drift, though I guess the bikes counter that ? Always used the koopa trooper level guys for the high acceleration so that when youre hit you can get back in the race a bit faster. Pretty pants out front though, Donut is always there closing in,I'm nervous, its like 7 all over. As for collecting coins I mainly collect them as much as possible since you get bashed a lot when youre driving like a div. I've been on zero coins many times in those big matches which is deadly if someone just nudges you.

You are a sneaky bastard but then you have to be, i have dished it out so ive got to take it. You did pretty solidly out in front, my 10 coin mario wasnt making too much ground so your ten coin bloke will be at full speed. Every coin is worth a quarter of a speed point, so if youre at say 3.5 speed points on the menu, 10 coints takes you to the max speed stat. I think there was a tick tock clock where we were neck and neck but i pushed you off the side.

I need to spend some time getting upgrades, seems that my Yoshi is sooooooooo slow.

just pick a better character, you can do most stuff with the basics.