rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
hub2

Mario Kart 8

I feel like all i'm contributing at the moment is messing up the chances of people better than me of winning. But still loving it, I can't think of a track that I don't like, the new ones are all superb.

I think its like such a high level now we're all getting good where it just comes down to hanging on in there and taking your one chance, a bit like professional sport.

If I'm in third or fourth I like to judge whether or not the person in second or third is capable of catching and eliminating first before unloading my red shells on them.

When you say late, what time is it exactly? If it's midnight onwards I'll do my best to wake up at 7am to catch you all.

If I'm in third or fourth I like to judge whether or not the person in second or third is capable of catching and eliminating first before unloading my red shells on them.

When you say late, what time is it exactly? If it's midnight onwards I'll do my best to wake up at 7am to catch you all.

I do this myself, if im 3rd i wont take out the 2nd place player, we're in it together to take out the leader.

I tend to be on til midnight or 1am and there's usually a few of us.

Had a few good games yesterday, starting off with three wins and going downhill rapidly (i'm 'Phil').

The speed you can get with 10 coins is impressive, on Toad Turnpike I hit one of the flying jump things and manged to fly over the overpass. Looked awesome and I overtook CGMF to win the race.

Ive definitely un-shrunk very quickly somehow.

Were you close to last place by any chance? Those at the front have always appeared to suffer the most from lightning's effects in Mario Kart.

SHould hopefully be back on this tonight, probably not till after 11pm though if anyone around. Might have to change my mii name to reflect my rllmuk name.

Please do, i wish everyone would.

I did it on creating my account, was surprised to see so many people's real names to be honest after being used to gamertags & psn IDs for so long. Presumably it prompts for you to put your actual name in, sod that.

Had my first online games tonight. Playing against real people is sooooo much more fun than the AI. It's like night and day. I managed to place in the top 4 every race. Won 2. Felt so proud of myself it was actually kind of sad. I'll try to hop onto one of the RLLMUK tournaments soon (time difference permitting)

• Upvote 1

I did it on creating my account, was surprised to see so many people's real names to be honest after being used to gamertags & psn IDs for so long. Presumably it prompts for you to put your actual name in, sod that.

ive probly played loads of forumites but they always come up as dave or paul etc, its not the same when you dont know who they are. i picked my lame ish username 11 years ago so i might aswell stick with it

I am planning on buying Lucas a Wii U at the end of August and this is one of the games he wants.

If I were to buy Mario Kart before the 31st July, can I redeem the code without owning the console? Or do I need the console to do so?

you need to link your console to the club nintendo account so youd need one I believe.

Bah, that's a shame. Thanks.

Suppose I better see if I can get the console early then.

you need to link your console to the club nintendo account so youd need one I believe.

No you don't, all you need to do is enter the game code and sign up a new Club Nintendo account when prompted.

edit: Then you select your game which will give you a code that can then use for download on the Wii U under any account. I'm assuming that doesn't expire.

Well you can't change them under mii maker. It says use consoles user settings.

I click on my mii in the user settings but only get the option of change user info ( no nickname change), switch user, change mii or change password!