Mario Kart 8

Yeah I wrapped the score around about 1020, donut and a few others have done it too, tourney either needs fixing or a bug.

They were some good games, before people came on letsbook and I had a few races just us 2. The first one on sunshine airport, i got bumped on the start and he led the entire thing, but i collected 10 coins, hit every boost and stuck to him like glue, i won with the final hop boost over the boxes literally by a nose, it was amazing. Then we played desert, again i got knocked back by a shell at the start but i fired a green shell in anticipation of his driving angle from about 50 metres back....he arced into the pickups and the shell hit perfectly, it was like a hole in 1 on golf or something, ridiculous shot. Couldnt claw it back and he won by a few yards driving well.Good back and forth but i managed to take the last 3 races but definitely another top player.

Remebered one more proper evil moment, crick was in the lead on mario circuit the green hilly one with the raised U bend ramp, he got ahead but i hit him with a crazy green shell, just before the hop up onto the ramp, fired my shell just so it anticipated his path again, and picked up a bomb from the boxes. So i got him with this crazy long distance green, then tore past him on the straight and dropped the bomb behind me right on his face. Held X to see the rear view mirror of this huge explosion doubly stopping him in his tracks and removing all coins, total devastation.

I see. RLLMUK is clearly too good for the system.

Good race stories Angel. There really isn't any better feeling than nailing a long green shell shot.

They were some good games, before people came on letsbook and I had a few races just us 2. The first one on sunshine airport, i got bumped on the start and he led the entire thing, but i collected 10 coins, hit every boost and stuck to him like glue, i won with the final hop boost over the boxes literally by a nose, it was amazing.

My side of the story:

After reading about angel on here and how he's the man to beat I enter the tournament room to find it's just us. I swallow deeply, start the race and expect to wave goodbye to him on the first corner and spend the rest of the race looking out for him in the distance... but I don't! I'm in the lead... okay, shit shit shit, don't fuck up, keep getting the boosts, collect some coins, drag a banana behind... I'm still in the lead, but he's there behind, no worries, just keep composed, focus on the racing line, get the boosts, final corner, made the conveyor boost (a little wide at the last corner, but who cares), cross the line! Yes! I beat angel! YES! IN YOUR FACE! I AM THE DAAANNNGG.....

My girlfriend wanted to know what was going on because the moment the 2nd came up on my screen I screamed the most egregious raft of expletives I could muster, almost threw the gamepad through the coffee table and had to take a moment to compose myself. A truly brilliant win. Hope to see you on all online again a little later.

My side of the story:

After reading about angel on here and how he's the man to beat I enter the tournament room to find it's just us. I swallow deeply, start the race and expect to wave goodbye to him on the first corner and spend the rest of the race looking out for him in the distance... but I don't! I'm in the lead... okay, shit shit shit, don't fuck up, keep getting the boosts, collect some coins, drag a banana behind... I'm still in the lead, but he's there behind, no worries, just keep composed, focus on the racing line, get the boosts, final corner, made the conveyor boost (a little wide at the last corner, but who cares), cross the line! Yes! I beat angel! YES! IN YOUR FACE! I AM THE DAAANNNGG.....

My girlfriend wanted to know what was going on because the moment the 2nd came up on my screen I screamed the most egregious raft of expletives I could muster, almost threw the gamepad through the coffee table and had to take a moment to compose myself. A truly brilliant win. Hope to see you on all online again a little later.

Amazing, i love this. You drove a great race on the airport i was 10 coined up, didnt fuck up once and you were always just 10-20 yards ahead. I really pushed the boat out on the last lap and went for every single tight racing line, got it back to 5 metres, then saw you go wide at the end...i did a super risky tight box jump..the 2nd place dissapeared, crossed the line, and saw the gold 1st come up. Wish id recorded it. Then you played a blinder on the desert i couldnt get near you, always just 10 yards back, altho i just missed you with some greens.

I cant find you on the head to head, it must be fairly close, ill try and add with a request.

I had some absolutely shocking performances in the few races I played with you lot this morning. Fell off the side of the track countless times, which I never normally do. Falling off the track just once in a Rllmuk game is enough to write you off for the entire race.

Think I need to shake up my kart combination and do some experimenting on single player before I come back online and get bummed in the gob.

Just had a bash on the battle mode online, it's absolutely awful.

Why didn't Nintendo just port over some of the older battle arenas instead of bastardizing the regular tracks? Rubbish.

It is awful yes, and why? Money and schedule is the answer.

If Nintendo had implemented a "proper" battle mode with around 4-6 arenas, we would not have the game in our hands right now, it would still be in development and it's an obviously "cut" feature to get it out in time.

Instead, reuse some older tracks, make up some horrible game type thing and fuck it, ship it.

good race vs fatsam, managed a boost jump onto a tram on the last straight to edge it on the line.

Holy shit!!! You can trick jump on the top of a tram. Never knew that. One of the best course in the game just got better. Great victory Angel.

I think my favourite against you last night was Tick Tock Clock where I picked up a super horn on the first lap, trailed you the whole race and then parped you near the end. You finished in third I think.

Coming back from a shit start is always great too. Dud started and then caught up and tripple red shelled you on the last corner of Wario Stadium. That was good fun.

Holy shit!!! You can trick jump on the top of a tram. Never knew that. One of the best course in the game just got better. Great victory Angel.

I think my favourite against you last night was Tick Tock Clock where I picked up a super horn on the first lap, trailed you the whole race and then parped you near the end. You finished in third I think.

Coming back from a shit start is always great too. Dud started and then caught up and tripple red shelled you on the last corner of Wario Stadium. That was good fun.

Thanks mate, yeah that was my first time doing it that very race, i had no idea either. I remember that tick tock clock one, youre right i led the whole thing, i couldnt believe it when you got me right at the end but fair play. The next race after that i was checking my mirror and sure enough saw you in 2nd with a a super horn ready to blast :)

That wario stadium one was evil too, I think it was 2 races in a row you stung me at the end. I was pleased I won the last 3 of the night but youve still got a big lead on me head to head wise.

Here's a wario stadium I did well to come back from the middle on and lead most of it to win, tough field with sam and steve in there.

and heres one where donut led the entire wario mountain but i clung on in there, and got a red shell on the final boxes to sneak the win.

Couple of good new players on thisafternoon, david and chambrlago both pretty nifty, managed some good wins though, did a super tight draft behind a green shell (which you can just see on here but was harder than it looked not to hit it), overtook and never gave up . Its getting where you need flawless races to win now, its good. Great camerawork by the computer on this replay too, and managed to drop my banana with perfect timing to let the red hit me on the finish line for the camera too.

Ive stopped being mad at it now, im like resigned to its pain, this afternoon CGMF (who seems to have come on leaps in bounds in the last few days, but i still have a pretty big hoodoo over, the head to head is pretty lop sided to me), beat me on the line on yoshi valley i think it was with 4 red shells on the last stretch. 4 goddam shells. But then i take that as a compliment it took so much firepower to take me down. He did me on the thwomp valley, I was killing it then be pushed me into the water and i got stuck where those giant stone wheels fall down into the water on the 3rd lap. I was so stuck and even Lakitu didnt come for me. Still loving it though, feels to good to play. Thwomp valley and moo moo meadows in particular look amazing lighting wise, best midday sun and sunsets ive ever seen in games.

Had a race with some of you lot, Pipeline. I was romping home for the win when a couple of you took me out with bananas right on the finish line and then my wife was on the phone to Sky and I got kicked out. I DID NOT RAGE QUIT!

Can somebody upload the video to show how truly heartbreaking Mario Kart can be?

Had a race with some of you lot, Pipeline. I was romping home for the win when a couple of you took me out with bananas right on the finish line and then my wife was on the phone to Sky and I got kicked out. I DID NOT RAGE QUIT!

Can somebody upload the video to show how truly heartbreaking Mario Kart can be?

Haha, that was me, I got 3 and lobbed them down the straight, couldn't believe I took you out and nipped first on the line. I thought you may have rage quit.

I woukd apologise but its not that type of game old chap !