rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
hub2

Mario Kart 8

I wondered what the hell was going on, didn't seem to be any sort of obvious number it reset on though.

How many coins does it take to unlock the Slick tyres? Think my last unlock said had 1800.

The unlocks seem to happen randomly...

Those lovely pictures give no indication of the sheer brutality and mayhem of the actual races. Brutal, I tells ya!

• Upvote 2

yeah blinding games tonight

I think CGMF was shocked by the brutality

• Upvote 2

yeah blinding games tonight

I think CGMF was shocked by the brutality

He's not the only one! Good games though!

Where can you find out the stats for the unlocks? I usually just pick whatever looks cool.

Press + on the Kart select screen to see what each part does to the overall stats

• Upvote 2

Absolutely LOVED my games on RLLMUK last night... utter chaotic carnage. Couldn't stop playing... only the need to get up from work made me go to bed. See you tonight!

• Upvote 2

You know that thing where you press the horn on the start line and the other players jump? Does that actually affect the other players or is it just something I see locally? It's just I've never had it happen to me, but when I was trying to play while holding my 4 month old last night she was battering the horn at the start of one race (Wario track at about 5.30pm or so) and wondered if it was really pissing other people off or not.

• Upvote 2

the tournament stuff is done really well - the games are quick enough and I can leave a tournament when I want and come back in.

• Upvote 1

Except when you come back in and you're in an empty instance on your own despite there being an instance up and running with under 12 people in it.

Best way round that is find a friend who's in there and join them, even the joining a global race "fix" doesnt work.

Except when you come back in and you're in an empty instance on your own despite there being an instance up and running with under 12 people in it.

interesting - never noticed that...

I do hope Nintendo fix the underlying network issues with this, those 'Communication Errors' have become a massive pain in the arse, because other than that, this is ridiculously good fun online.

• Upvote 1

It's been pretty solid for me - but it completely failed to upload to youtube yesterday even though Miiverse and the browser and online gaming was working fine.

Best way round that is find a friend who's in there and join them, even the joining a global race "fix" doesnt work.

Yeah, I always do the former if it happens - that's how I know the room was never full in the first place.

I do hope Nintendo fix the underlying network issues with this, those 'Communication Errors' have become a massive pain in the arse, because other than that, this is ridiculously good fun online.

Are you using wifi? Despite having a trouble free connection on all my other wifi stuff (33meg on ps4) I was having all kinds of problems with downloading, accessing the shop, youtube etc up until last week when I shelled out the cash for a Nintendo lan adaptor. Since then I've not had a single problem :).

interesting - never noticed that...

Yeah, if you do join RLLMUK and there's nobody there it's always worth a quick check in the friends/recent players list to see if any of them are in a tournament, and it's more often than not they're in the RLLMUK one that seemed empty. Then you can drag yourself in that way, providing it really isn't full.

Back when I had an O2 router, I had to have the Wii U assigned to the router's DMZ in order to be able to play MH3U on it. It was only with the Wii U, not the PS3/4/Vita, 360, or selection of handheld devices and PCs in my home I have had no problems with the Wii U whatsoever since December when I got a Sky Hub router.

I reckon that some routers just really hate the Wii U. Might be worth trying a hardwired connection with the LAN USB connector, setting up a DMZ for the Wii U, or asking your ISP for a new router (if you have had it for a while) if you have problems playing online with your Wii U.

Are you using wifi? Despite having a trouble free connection on all my other wifi stuff (33meg on ps4) I was having all kinds of problems with downloading, accessing the shop, youtube etc up until last week when I shelled out the cash for a Nintendo lan adaptor. Since then I've not had a single problem :).

I am, but the wifi point is right next to the WiiU, which is making it even more annoying. I'm using those Power Plug things for both the PS4 and XB1, so might invest in the LAN adapter and see if that cures the problem.