Sign in to follow this  
Stanley

Games on Gold

Do we know what games are coming, besides Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3?

It'd make me willing to go Gold for another while and let the games justify it, but not if they're things I already have.

They announced two games per month. As far as I can tell, what they did not announce is Fable III being part of any promotion at all. It is almost as if it is entirely an accident. Right now, instead of inevitably fixing it, they should be shouting about it and adding a few more freebies. Because, they desperately need some positive PR at the moment.

Is it gonna be the same as PS4 in that you lose the ability to play the games once you subscription ends?

If so I don't think I'll bother downloading any of those three since I don't like them very much but if you keep them forever I might as well get them anyway?

I'd just start the download process, so it's in your account and can then be grabbed later on if the mood takes you. It's what I have done with plenty of stuff on PSN+, knowing full well that I'll download everything in its entirety when I finally get round to putting a bigger HDD in my PS3.

I will never ever play Fable 3 but I still started the download for some reason. I cancelled it in record time, though, my thumb a blur as it brushed across the unsuspecting X button.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Is it gonna be the same as PS4 in that you lose the ability to play the games once you subscription ends?

If so I don't think I'll bother downloading any of those three since I don't like them very much but if you keep them forever I might as well get them anyway?

They did say specifically they were yours to keep.

It is a really dire offering compared with PS+. Three games which can be found in retailers' "4 for £20" deals. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I can see how this is a nice bonus for anyone with a Gold subscription who has not played some of the games. But it reeks of Microsoft feeling the need to do something to please gamers after the disastrous announcements of the past few weeks and doing it on the cheap.

Seriously, Halo 3? It was released in 2007 for feck's sake. I know it is harsh to criticise what is in effect a bonus. But how many people with Gold, who are probably frequent gamers if they are willing to pay a subscription charge to Microsoft, will be excited by games which were not released this decade?

• Upvote 2

I'd just start the download process, so it's in your account and can then be grabbed later on if the mood takes you. It's what I have done with plenty of stuff on PSN+, knowing full well that I'll download everything in its entirety when I finally get round to putting a bigger HDD in my PS3.

And, judging by my first experience with the PS3 yesterday, you'll need to leave aside a spare decade for the downloads, installs and updates to finish. Jesus fucking christ, I'd had it on 7 hours and still hadn't been able to make use of my first PS+ download.

Oh man the forum is going funny again.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

That's exactly what they said. I'd say Fable 3 is some sort of fuck up as opposed to something on purpose, the same thing happened with Fable 2 a year or two back.

Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 are the 'A' games that we can look forward to getting this time next year; the first two titles are Fusion Frenzy and Fusion Frenzy 2. Can't wait!

Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 are the 'A' games that we can look forward to getting this time next year; the first two titles are Fusion Frenzy and Fusion Frenzy 2. Cant wait!

The free games offer ends in November.

• Upvote 1

So can you put any bigger HDD in your 360 to take advantage of this offer?

Only a proprietary one, and no bigger than 320GB. However, you can use USB sticks up to 32GB as well.

How do I get Fable 3 free without switching the 360 on?

Try going here, selecting "Download to Xbox 360", and then change the payment method to MS points. That is what I did yesterday, but as I now own the game I can't see if it still works or not.

I would have though most "hardcore" gamers already have the likes of Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3? I'm not knocking it but what's the point of it? More Gold subscibers for the Bone? Should I stop buying any games I have on my "catch-up" list in case they are released free?

I don't have them but I've owned Halo 3 in the past and will happily play it again.

Obviously not everyone is going to be happy with every game but its a step in the right direction and absolutely necessary in the face of PS+ and the upcoming PS4.

• Upvote 1

That's pretty crap.

Surprising that when I Iogged into Live on Thursday Fable III wasn't being pimped. Instead that Spartacus free to play title, that looks trash.

Still I found F3 and downloaded it. It's likely a bit gash, F2 was distracting despite huge flaws.

Defence grid is a very poor thing to offer. I've got it on steam, likely as I got it free/in a pack.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd rather have Defense Grid than Halo 3 or Assassin's Creed 2 since I've hovered over the option to buy it before and I quite like the look of it. I'd have thought they'd get some higher profile games out sooner, though.

I'd rather have Defense Grid than Halo 3 or Assassin's Creed 2 since I've hovered over the option to buy it before and I quite like the look of it. I'd have thought they'd get some higher profile games out sooner, though.

So would I, but it does kind of change things. Before it was "you can get Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3 for free next month," and now it's "Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3 are literally the best titles we can offer in this entire promo." They're the showpiece games, not the first games.

The next game will probably be Yaris.

• Upvote 2