IGNORED

Tom Clancy's The Division

Radish

16 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

I liked The Division and this update tempts me to have another go but I'm not sure I've got the time for it anymore. 

Are there curious but casual players on here (Xbox)?

I redownloaded it last night as I'd like to try getting back into it.

I finished the campaign when it came out, but didn't really do much after that.

Tag = Tezcatlipoca

It's a shame they've not developed Survival any more. You'd think with battle royale games getting so popular this year they might've built on it. I guess The Division is sold as a gear game, and it's a mode where specifically don't get access to your gear.

It's a shame they've not developed Survival any more. You'd think with battle royale games getting so popular this year they might've built on it.

Agreed, I was saying to some friends the other night I'm surprised they haven't released Survival mode as a standalone and then built on that. Once the campaign is done and dusted it's easily the best part of the game.

1 hour ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Oh interesting. I've literally just getting into this (just hit level 6 and found the ops base), is the DLC definitely worth getting?

Underground is the only PvE one, it's randomly generated 'dungeons' with optional modifiers, my group played the hell out of it, really fun, we don't really PvP so pretty much ignored Last Stand and Survival so can't really advise on those, Survival is really tense and unique though, I'd still recommend it.
At 12 quid though, I'd say 100% get the season pass.

I wouldn't say Survival is particularly PVP, as you can play it either PVP (where you can kill other players) or PVE (where you can't kill other players but still compete for resources somewhat).

Even then, I only ever played Survival PVP, and I very rarely got into fights with other players. For me the whole tension came from avoiding other humans like the plague, which mirrors what I expect life would be like post-apocalypse.

I've been playing on PS4 for a month or so. Only level 15, but really enjoying it when I play. I'm on GMT+8 -- add me "Routeburn".

I downloaded the Steam release on PC to see what it was like (42GB). Looks gorgeous. Lovely frame rate. But I couldn't get on with keyboard and mouse and the "PC experience" after spending numerous hours on the PS4, big TV, couch. The heavy discount at the moment is tempting, but I'm inclined to stay on PS4.

Survival is immense, one of the best gaming experiences of last year for me, if not ever. 

The feeling when you manage to extract is fantastic, particularly if you’re the last ones left is incredible. 

Sorely tempted to give this another go, I stopped playing just before Last Stand dropped so given that Destiny 2 is a wash, if I can just break my Warframe addiction, I could easily get back into this. 

Yeah, after Destiny 2's endgame being so uninteresting with it having no real build diversity or sense of power, I've come back to this and I'm loving it. Moved from my 1.6 striker build to a hybrid striker\defense build. It feels so good walking through a challenging mission, on my own, shield up melting yellow bar bastards with my SMG. 

The additions to Underground they've made are great too, the new directives and the fact that Hunters can spawn in there now make it a lot more fun. 

Came back to this last night with my Xbox group, had an absolutely brilliant night  with the new PvE pier areas,  all of us had no idea of how to make decent builds any more  so we’re just using left overs from last time we played.

Really happy to see this get a shot in the arm again, I do feel it was unfairly bashed somewhat and it still remains a fantastic coop game , well worth giving another go

I'm finding this much easier now, since the update. I assume that's a side effect of the gear going past the 256 GS. My Lightweight M4 + MC Skulls Gloves + HE Build is around 276/277 depending on secondary weapon. By no means absolutely mined - maxed but was a solid PVE build back in the 1.4-1.6 days when I played the game a lot. I used to struggle with Lexington @ Challenging Solo and could only get through with some luck and the Tactical Link skill equipped. However tonight I've been able to easily go through the mission a few times and the heavy machine gunners are much easier to bring down. Really like that it's more solo friendly.

The game dropped 'Devil' and 'Heel' in quick succession earlier. Guess i need to pull some Marksman gear out of the stash and see if i can get any use out of 'em. The rolls aren't great so it'll only be for short-term shits & giggles/experimentation. I love my Urban MDR too much to switch it out.  

2 hours ago, Mgear said:

I'm finding this much easier now, since the update. I assume that's a side effect of the gear going past the 256 GS. My Lightweight M4 + MC Skulls Gloves + HE Build is around 276/277 depending on secondary weapon. By no means absolutely mined - maxed but was a solid PVE build back in the 1.4-1.6 days when I played the game a lot. I used to struggle with Lexington @ Challenging Solo and could only get through with some luck and the Tactical Link skill equipped. However tonight I've been able to easily go through the mission a few times and the heavy machine gunners are much easier to bring down. Really like that it's more solo friendly.

Stamina to health ratio has been doubled plus you're playing during a Global Event - Strike.

11 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Stamina to health ratio has been doubled plus you're playing during a Global Event - Strike.

I probably should have been more specific, in that the game feels slightly easier solo since the patch landed, not just the current GE. My Lightweight M4 (rolled as 283 or 284 upon the patch) is the same primary gun I had before. It seems to chew through enemies quicker than before, and I no longer have to run health perks/Nomad and/or tactical link just to bring the heavies down on the rooftop setpiece. The TTK seems significantly lower. I did read somewhere that the scaling for each player is improved now but I don't know if that's the case. 

Nice guide. However I do think it should mention that drops might be limited to certain locations/NPC's, i.e. that certain exotic items will only drop from a particular NPC or type of cache etc. And that leads players to search for more info.

This is a great Christmas game. It's like Die Hard, or something: not really a Christmas game/film, despite being set at Christmas, but goddamn if it doesn't get you feeling festive! If only you could chuck Hans Gruber off a building.  

Actually, now that ghost recon is getting predator, a nakatomi plaza die hard event for division would be amazing. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've really been getting back into this over the Xmas break following the 1.8 release and it's fantastic.

I think I turned off a few months after launch due to the bullet sponge enemies once you got to the end game but the world tiers make things much more manageable and importantly enjoyable.

I've followed those returning player guides linked above and got to World Tier 5 and a gear score of 275, what should I be doing to get better gear? All YouTube vids talk about classified gear sets, how do I get those? I'm working on the Path of the Nomad set and have 4/6 pieces but without classified versions there seems little point in getting the other 2.

Any tips?