rllmuk
Radish

Tom Clancy's The Division

Hmm cant log in at the moment. Mike error again. Nothing on the official twitter so far, though it seems to be something wrong at Uplay's end.

Annoying as I haven't had time to do the dailies today, and I also wanted to clean up some normal missions/collectables.

53 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

First time in a Dark Zone tonight. Nicely done- very tense. What's the rules on going rogue? A player deliberately shot me with a side arm and threw a gas grenade at me. When I returned fire it said I'd gone rogue and was a bad boy. Is there some kind of "accidental fire" that it gives allowance for?

Yeah, you're allowed a free shot or two, but no more than that. A few folk will use this to try and goad you into attacking them, and when you go rogue they can kill you for a nice bonus.

10 hours ago, VN1X said:

Who is playing this on PC? And would I be able to team up as a newb? 

I am - and I'm well behind everyone else on my uPlay friends list.  Invite sent.  Hope we can link up for some co-op!

Can anyone with this on PS4 and with the season pass check their add ons? I seem to have 3- season pass, season pass extras and now "Watchdog extra levels"! Complete with Watchdog icon. Must be a glitch, can't see anything about a cross over add on

Got that ACP blueprint from the pheonix credit vendor earlier. Imagine my annoyance after I crafted it to find it was worse than my purple M4 :angry:

Then I made another one and it was better :lol:

12 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

We completed it in about an hour and 15 minutes or so, but I spent at least a third of that on the floor dead... As a result the enemies are free to slaughter the whole team. We barely managed to do the boss if not for one person on our team who somehow got out of combat and revived us all.

I got a yellow pair of kneepads (level 30 btw, not 31) that were actually worse than the purple I had purely because it causes my DPS to drop a load because it has Stamina rather than Firepower. 

I understand what you mean: stamina is a pretty boring stat, but perhaps if you're spending so long dead you might want a little bit more health? I'd recommend about 50-55k health for challenge modes, maybe even a bit more as you're learning it. 

Yesterdays daily was the Lexington Event Centre, right? I hate to break it to you but that's by far the easiest challenge mode :P It's the one that people farm as it's the easiest in terms of tactics and enemy composition. I did it last night with a full team of randoms in about 20 minutes and nobody using a mic. Having said that, I have done it quite a few times and I've just realized that I'm nearly in full high-end gear, apart from my second weapon and sidearm. 

Consumables are very important too, especially early on when your gear may not be amazing. Use explosive or incendiary bullets to stop the rushers and water for a nice damage boost. 

Only picked this up a few days ago and have been having a blast. Added a few of you PC guys that I've seen uplay tags for, mine is mattgirv. Disappointed with the drop in/matchmaking design of this game after my experiences over the last couple of days though.

Yesterday I'd spent about 2 hours going through the mission with the cleaners. The first couple of times, people were leaving half way through after dying/failing/whatever. The last time was the worst though, we got through till the end boss, spent ages chipping away at him and then I got kicked by the group leader. I was so pissed off, apparently it's a way of boosting other players, getting someone to do all the hard work.. boot them then invite your buddy for the XP/loot. Tossers. :hat: I think until they change the way it works currently, either by disabling the ability to kick or to keep you in the mission solo rather than booting you back to the safe house, I'll be avoiding any pub play on this outside of the DZ.

You only get xp for finishing a mission the first time so I'm not even sure what the point of that is. Just for the loot? It's such a pathetic thing to do ant any level, but especially early on when you're always outleveling things quickly. 

57 minutes ago, Radish said:

Yesterdays daily was the Lexington Event Centre, right? I hate to break it to you but that's by far the easiest challenge mode :P It's the one that people farm as it's the easiest in terms of tactics and enemy composition. I did it last night with a full team of randoms in about 20 minutes and nobody using a mic. Having said that, I have done it quite a few times and I've just realized that I'm nearly in full high-end gear, apart from my second weapon and sidearm. 

It's the Power Plant today, expecting that to be harder than the 2 I've already done because it's timed towards the end isn't it? Might just replay the others and sack off the daily. 

Had a lovely mission last night with chums - police station level 19  and then Dark Zone. We'd just geared up a bit. Very strange to headshot purples and actually see their health bars move!

Dark Zone was a bit weird - a level 15-18 mob area and a level 22-25 but nothing more appropriate for us at level 19 :(

Up to level 12. Thought I was doing alright until I tried to solo the Times Square Power Relay mission last night. Holy shit that's a bit tricky on your tod. 

I think I need to mix up my weapons, I usually have an M1A1, an assault rifle of some sort, and a pistol. 

Should I be carrying a shotgun and a decent LMG as well? 

Depends on how you want to play. Shotguns aren't great atm as their range is shorter than it should be (except when it comes to NPCs with shotguns, heh), but the fully auto ones such as the SAIGA-12 (or something close to that - not a gun nut) are very useful for when you get charged. 

LMGs are cool but you need to find the right one. I checked out the M60 on someone's advice and it's pretty sweet - not as much recoil as some of the others and you can make it even more stable with mods. It's great for shredding the armour of elites when they charge, but definitely go for a quick reload magazine mod. Not many people seem to be using LMGs in co-op, so if you went that way I'm sure you'd be appreciated for your ability to suppress the enemy, too. 

Yeah I was thinking that. A lot of the missions I've done would have been easier with some suppression. 

I've just never really played a cover shooter before and so whilst I'm loving it, I seem to occasionally get shredded and can't figure out why.

Oh well, just need to shoot mans more.

Just reached level 12 and I love this game.

Not being a massive online gamer my friend lists are always quite slim and I'm often unable to commit lots of uninterrupted time so the matchmaking in this suits me down to the ground - being able to team up with strangers for a short time - team chat (at least at this level) doesn't seem too important as groups tend to intuitively get things done the right way.

And the Dark Zone - god I love the tension in this - the uneasiness of being with an informal group for fear of them either turning on you or losing you. The street battles feel great as you advance or are pushed back along cars, doorways and obstacles and the extraction points are a great touch, especially with limited room on the rope making a smaller group more necessary, but the actual extraction harder to pull off.

Yeah - so far big fan! TheStarls on PSN if anyone wants to add me!!

• Upvote 2

Had a great time being a dick on the DZ last night. Someone kinda turned on me and I think they were in the process of of apologising while being rogue when I gunned them down. Thing is, they were in a squad, so then one of their mates took a shot and blasted him as well and chased the other two off. Figuring they'd be back in a second, I hunkered down by the exit and as they came around I threw a turret and killed two more, then ran halfway across the map because the game decided I was bad a guy by then. They started hunting me and I died pretty quickly.

As someone who doesn't give a shit about levels and cash and whatnot, going rogue is brill.

There's a great farming point over by the second extraction point in the first DZ area. Get up on the scaffolding and you'll run out of ammo before you die if you play it right.

• Upvote 1

Apparently Massive are looking into tweaking the DZ as it's not working like they'd hoped (they wanted a lot more PVP). Going to be difficult to get the balance right, but dying in the DZ, at higher levels, can mean such a huge loss of XP (and sometimes down-ranking) that nobody wants to risk it. 

Maybe they could tweak the system so that if you attack another player you're both marked as hostile to one another, but it's only if you kill them that you go rogue. As it stands, people are intentionally throwing themselves on grenades and standing in the middle of player VS NPC firefights in hope of making someone unintentionally go rogue. So that system doesn't seem to be working. 

At a minimum I'd say no XP loss if you die at the very first rogue level. As it's currently way too easy to enter it unintentionally, and taking that into consideration having a target painted on your head is punishment enough. 

Quite enjoying the game, only level 10/11 but yeah it's not too shabby, finding a sniper rifle comes in very well. I will try and add a couple more people this evening and try and get some group sessions going this weekend.

Well the Power Plant is a noticeable step up in terms of difficulty on challenging and there's a decent gear check in place with the timer. We were a well organised group using mics and had about 1m30 left, if 2 of us hadn't upgraded to high end vectors recently I don't think we would have done it. Still great fun though and a bit more reliant on skill over the event center where you can just abuse the elevator strat. 

5 hours ago, Varsity said:

It's the Power Plant today, expecting that to be harder than the 2 I've already done because it's timed towards the end isn't it? Might just replay the others and sack off the daily. 

I tried todays for about an hour last night with randoms, and we couldnt even get in the building. The shotgun enemies just rush you and one shot you after the initial group. Admittedly I was tired, and only had an hour before I logged off, and my groups were probably numpties not shooting them from range.

2 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

I tried todays for about an hour last night with randoms, and we couldnt even get in the building. The shotgun enemies just rush you and one shot you after the initial group. Admittedly I was tired, and only had an hour before I logged off, and my groups were probably numpties not shooting them from range.

To be fair I honestly don't see how you can do it without mics, the other 2 you can just about get away with it if your group have an ounce of common sense but that's just so much more difficult in my opinion. If you're an Xbox man, feel free to add me (ReynoldsM), have quite a few people on my friends list that ive been grouped with randomly now for future runs ^^ 

Yeah I'll add you when I'm on next.

Got the ACP last night from the vendor, but trying to unlock its talents made my health drop from 65k or thereabouts down to 44k or so, which I'm not that keen on. Ideally I need some better drops with some health on that doesnt take away from my other stats. Those types of items seem pretty rare though for me.

3 hours ago, starls said:

Just reached level 12 and I love this game.

Yeah - so far big fan! TheStarls on PSN if anyone wants to add me!!

Just added you (alex3dyeah). I'm lvl 7.