IGNORED

PS4 has no DRM and usable offline £349 RRP

Uzi

Since you guys love my thread so much

I have a 30 day PS plus code- I THINK I haven't used it

NB: It will not WORK if you have ever had ps plus- including the free month people got after the hack

First person to quote me gets it

I've just seen you can get a 30 day trial on Sony's Facebook page if anyone else still needs one.

Been able to get a bit of hands-on time with a PS4 pad and it feels much, much nicer than the PS3 pad to me. Shoulder buttons and sticks in particular are good. It fits in the hand (well, my hand anyway) much easier than the DualShock ever did.

Is it better than the 360 pad?

Do you feel that the left stick is in the wrong place (does it feel more strained than with the 360 pad)?

You know what made the Sony conference stand out (of course console and the like)? The actual setup. Multiple screens, one large panoramic main screen curved round the arena. So cool!

It was almost like a giant ... Oculus Rift! Yoshida has been hinting, the sly dog. But there it was, in front of our faces.

I can't believe how bad Microsoft have lost the plot with the price being under powered and drm etc.

It's amazing to think that I'll preorder the PS4 later even with that pad. Just got a few questions.

This has COD:DOG and BF4? How many players is BF4 online? Same amount of players as PC?

Those will keep me busy for a while.

How much will it cost to play online?

Best place to preorder for launch day delivery. Don't trust game instore because they might go bust again.

I can't believe how bad Microsoft have lost the plot with the price being under powered and drm etc.

It's amazing to think that I'll preorder the PS4 later even with that pad. Just got a few questions.

This has COD:DOG and BF4? How many players is BF4 online? Same amount of players as PC?

Those will keep me busy for a while.

How much will it cost to play online?

Best place to preorder for launch day delivery. Don't trust game instore because they might go bust again.

Yep, CODDOG and BF4 are coming to it, 64-player games with 2 Commanders on top of that. You need PS+ to play online, that's typically £39.99/yr but if you're lucky you can get a year's sub on sale for as little as £25 if there's a sale on.

Yeah, I could do with some pre-order advice. Never pre-ordered a console before but fancy getting this on release. Shopto?

I'm going ShopTo. Never pre-ordered myself either, last machine I got near release was a PS3 I bought off a launch-day tout who bought ten of them at £425 and had to sell them off at £300.

Had the weirdest experience preordering at TESCO.

It's a 24hr place so I could just drive in and pick it up at midnight dump it in the car and drive home with no fuss but it's proper unorganised.

I took a DVD ' preorder' case to the electronics till. They scanned it and charged me £20 then gave me a receipt and said "all done, come in on launch day and pick it up!"

Now we all know that's not how it works. I gave them no name, address or contact number. There seemed to be no priority list or anything.

Anyone preordered a console with them before? Is this going to be a huge cluster fuck?

It's a 24hr place so I could just drive in and pick it up at midnight dump it in the car and drive home with no fuss but it's proper unorganised.

I took a DVD ' preorder' case to the electronics till. They scanned it and charged me £20 then gave me a receipt and said "all done, come in on launch day and pick it up!"

Now we all know that's not how it works. I gave them no name, address or contact number. There seemed to be no priority list or anything.

Anyone preordered a console with them before? Is this going to be a huge cluster fuck?

Potentially you might have to turn up on the night and be given a raffle ticket, first come first served among the pre-orderers, thats how it worked with the Wii.

Potentially you might have to turn up on the night and be given a raffle ticket, first come first served among the pre-orderers, thats how it worked with the Wii.

JERRY SEINFELD

I don't understand. Do you have my reservation?

RENTAL CAR AGENT

We have your reservation, we just ran out of cars.

JERRY SEINFELD

But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation.

RENTAL CAR AGENT

I think I know why we have reservations.

JERRY SEINFELD

I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.

Tesco recently announced they were going to stop selling consumer electronics, so not sure I'd pre-order with them.

which sites/shops fulfill preorders in first come first served

back int he day preordering in GAME (before the £20 cost etc etc) it was in a definite order and they even told you which number you were and then later how many they were getting in etc

Now I am sure Amazon have fucked that up before with people getting preorders before others who ordered earlier.

So whioch retailers/etailers still operate a fair way?

GOD. All I want is a confirmed list of games available on DAY ONE.

Pre-ordered the console with Amazon. They sorted me out with a Wii well enough. Want Battlefield 4. Am assuming that Planetside 2, DCUO and Driveclub will all be online on Day 1. Tempted by Killzone as well, but may need to hold on that and get either Watch Dogs or The Division first, assuming they're out.

SO EXCITED.

EA was being odd with the Wii U before it had even launched, so the idea that it's just a reaction to poor sales doesn't really fly.

They announced Mass Effect 3 for launch and then announced Mass Effect Trilogy for everything else shortly afterwards. The PS3 even got a port of the first game that it didn't have previously. Why would anyone buy Mass Effect 3 for the Wii U? It was sent to die.

It was said that Need for Speed: Most Wanted U was ready for launch, but held back. It ended up coming out at pretty much just before 2013 Q1 ended and at around the same time as Lego City Undercover and Monster Hunter 3 U. They wanted full price for it when you could get it for about half the price on another platform. Oh, and and it was said that you wouldn't get any DLC if it didn't sell. It was impossible to find at retail as well. Yeah, sent to die also.

Why port games previously not available on Nintendo home consoles to a new Nintendo home console, hmmm, let me think about that for a second...

How about to get those weird sort of people who only own Nintendo hardware to buy your games?, otherwise why even bother wasting money on a Nintendo port if all your potential customers are in reality already your customers on Microsoft or Sony hardware and have already bought your game on those platforms. It's the same reason people keep telling Nintendo to go third party, to sell their wares to people who won't pay the hardware tax entrance fee, which is an awful lot of people. Their games potentially have super massive appeal, but not enough for most people to want to pay their hardware tax to play them.

I thought so too but after Elmos story I'd like to know which one will actually reserve them.

They are going to get WELL pissed off with me over the next few months.

They're phones are going to ring a lot... just look at the old 360 thread!

Hardware tax. Bloody hell

Que? I think even JPickford basically admitted recently the only reason the hardware existed was to sell their games, so they could put their games elsewhere if they chose to, the reasons they don't are primarily motivated by profit, you can argue the creativity angle I suppose, but companies are free to add controllers to other machines if their games needed special inputs, you can argue it would remove the Nintendo difference I suppose or nobody would put up with the extra costs of special controller for just one companies games.

But I explained why people keep on telling Nintendo to go third party, or isn't it understandable to your Nintendo-addled brain?