IGNORED

E3 - Sony Conference Thread (June 11th - UK: 02:00 / EU: 03:00)

Robo_1

Just saw, absolutely awful Kinect Game on GT stream. Thing still looks laggy and inaccurate. I hope Sony really amaze and kill this shit off.

I haven't seen anything from the Bone that really wowed me. Sony have the chance to show it up massively. Looks like actual games are running pretty smoothly on the PS4 from what I have seen today. Maybe one of Sony's first parties will show something that really looks like a big step.

I'll be waiting up for the conference anyway.

Get round here then, I have booze! I have scotch and vodka and triple sec and amaretto and bourbon and even sweet vermouth if you're that way inclined. Running low on mixers though. And snacks. That's not a hint to bring them. Although it is.

Just saw, absolutely awful Kinect Game on GT stream. Thing still looks laggy and inaccurate. I hope Sony really amaze and kill this shit off.

I haven't seen anything from the Bone that really wowed me. Sony have the chance to show it up massively. Looks like actual games are running pretty smoothly on the PS4 from what I have seen today. Maybe one of Sony's first parties will show something that really looks like a big step.

That would be Fantasia Kinect. It was as laggy as old kinect too, so much for the new device. I knew it was suspicious because kinect 1 is lag free in the calibration screen too....its only in game it lags. And the new one does too!

edit to clarify, this screen on kinect is virtually lag free, it just uses the pure camera feed and works great...the game processing fucks it all up, and kinect 2 is gona do the same thing.

360Kinect_Calibration.jpg

Get round here then, I have booze! I have scotch and vodka and triple sec and amaretto and bourbon and even sweet vermouth if you're that way inclined. Running low on mixers though. And snacks. That's not a hint to bring them. Although it is.

I quit drinking. Well, I did for a few months, then I started again, but only on special occasions. I suppose I could call tonight that - either a wake for the Age of Consoles, or a toast to its unexpected saviour. But either way, I think I might have missed the show by the time I've travelled dahn sarf, or wherever it is you're hanging out these days. So thanks, but I must decline.

Also: sweet vermouth. Oh dear. Oh dear.

What annoyed me with Fantasia is that I was interested to see some cool interaction with the original film and its music, like taking part in a classic scene or something along those lines. Instead it's a Queen song or something like that (nothing against Queen though)

Yeah it's the one night of E3 I stay up for and end up knackered :D The rest of the week a lot of the streams tend to not go on as late plus, well, their recorded and you can watch the gameplay footage later. Watching press conferences live though is fun.

You might have wanted a Manhattan. Of everyone I know, I think you're the most likely to want a Manhattan. Or even know what one is.

Yeah, not keen. For cocktails, it's a Martini. Bone dry, chilled glass, shaker, crushed ice, 95% Tanqueray and a whiff of Noilly Prat, single green olive, a thin slick of oil gently dislodging itself from the plump sourness of the fruit.

Fuck, I want a drink now. You just killed E3.