E3 - Sony Conference Thread (June 11th - UK: 02:00 / EU: 03:00)

Here's another interesting GAF find. Destiny of Spirits, which some claim is Miyazaki's (director of the Souls's games) next game.

5aBFjaT.jpg

The trademark is real, but take the info above with a pinch of salt for now.

iH8xjWrnZOMyR.gif

Kaz enjoys being an internet meme:

Not sure why my iPad eats YT links, but here's the url:

2:45 mark.

How long do we reckon this will last? Tempted to just set my alarm for it and watch it in bed on the laptop but not if it's going to be more than 90 minutes.

2 hours.

How long do we reckon this will last? Tempted to just set my alarm for it and watch it in bed on the laptop but not if it's going to be more than 90 minutes.

I've heard it's going to be two hours.

I just watched that entire GIF collection video. T. Rex Kaz, Hurt Locker Mattrick, and Nero-Ballmer are all awesome, as is Neo-Kaz turning the bullets into red-ringed Xbox logos.

Obviously I'm going to try and watch everyone's show, but right now I'm more interested in the PS4 than other eighth-gen offerings, so hopefully we'll get to see more games and maybe the physical console (unless that's already been revealed and I missed it.)

And of course Vita owners haven't forgotten the 2012 conference - for the first E3 following the console's release they did a pretty bad job of detailing forthcoming games for the thing. We've had a number of decent titles released and announced (as well as great service through Plus) since the last show, and that needs to be celebrated on a stage like this. :)

He was also quite a bit of a sony fanboy in the early PS3 days when everyone was lolling at them. That paid off!

It's quite amusing that the two people who clashed hard on the show due to being fans of opposing consoles, Shane and Luke, now have jobs related to their respective camps - Luke Smith is now a Community Manager for Bungie, in case anybody missed that one out. It's a shame that both getting decent jobs pretty much counts you out for any reunions, though. 1UP Yours and GFW was excellent listening. :(

I remember years back on 1UP they had a reader question which was something along the lines of "is games journalism a good route into the industry?".

They all completely panned him for asking it. Saying they all do it for their love of journalism.

I'd love to listen to it again to find out who said it because I think every single person on that podcast now work for a game dev/pub.

God, I hope Sony don't fuck this up tomorrow. I'm equal parts excited and terrified it's going to be a train wreck.

Yup, all eyes are on them. I'll be amazed if they deliver a home run on policy, service and games. At this point though, it's their game to lose... at least for the pre-release hype.

Sony have a guaranteed pre-order and sale from me this year if they:

- Have free online

- PS plus members continue to benefit with stuff on the PS4 (nowhere near to the same degree obviously- is a new console, maybe you can access your stuff via the streaming platform in the future)

- Works offline (already confirmed :) but it kind of goes hand in hand with the next point)

- Allow more freedom for trade ins/lending etc. I'm not naive so I do expect some DRM measures in place, especially if it is competing on the same third party publisher base as MS- it just needs to be more reasonable and less draconian and stupid

- One launch game that I REALLY want - Killzone looks lovely shiny wise/Driveclub looks great but I'm not the biggest racing fan- just need something (first/third party- don't care) with a bit more personal draw for me

If those are ticked, I'm in! If not, will still heavily consider it and still probably in!

Gutted this is on at 2am in the morning, I'm far too old to be staying up til 3 or 4am on a school night. :( I think I'll probably stay off the forum (and any other gaming sites) til after work on Tuesday, then watch the whole thing on YouTube or whatever, and then catch up on all the reaction. Dying to see Destiny in action though. And also interested to know why Bungie chose the Sony conference for their gameplay reveal.

Gutted this is on at 2am in the morning, I'm far too old to be staying up til 3 or 4am on a school night. :( I think I'll probably stay off the forum (and any other gaming sites) til after work on Tuesday, then watch the whole thing on YouTube or whatever, and then catch up on all the reaction. Dying to see Destiny in action though. And also interested to know why Bungie chose the Sony conference for their gameplay reveal.

I'm catching up first thing in the morning before I read any news sites, I'll probably wake up at 5:30am like a kid at Christmas. I'll miss the forum shenanigans not watching it live though, but sleep comes first. I hope we get zero leaks for the day, I want to know what's happening but it's only a day to go and would be a shame to have it spoiled so close.

I want another Gabe/Portal 2 total surprise.