IGNORED

Spike Island

Spudulis

I saw this at the London Film Festival and it seems its finally about to hit the cinemas.

Story of a few kids trying to get the the legendary Stone Roses concert.

I genuinely loved it. Not sure if that was pure nostalgia though or whether people not familiar with the time and the music will enjoy it as much. When I saw it though the whole cinema was singing along to I Am the Resurrection at the end. I think its one of the best British Films I've seen in recent years.

So would love you know other people's views when its finally out.

I was asked to go to this by a few mates at the time. I passed it up because there was supposed to be a big rave on Ainsdale beach the night before (the police stopped it and it ended up being a load of trip heads running around the dunes dodging the police helicopter lamp).

The mates who went said it was a bit off a mess, but as time has gone on it's grew in reputation.

Still wish I'd have went to it instead of freezing my tits off amongst the sand dunes all night though.

I was a bit too young to go to it; instead, that summer spent my time sat around the duck pond in the park listening to music on a ghetto blaster, hearing stories of friends of friends that apparently went.

That trailer seems to give the whole arc of the story away, which is a shame.

That trailer seems to give the whole arc of the story away, which is a shame.

Nah it doesn't really. The film is about some kids trying to get to Spike Island and a lot of that is in there. But really its all their own stories that make it entertaining and there's not much of that in the trailer really so don't worry.

Nah it doesn't really. The film is about some kids trying to get to Spike Island and a lot of that is in there. But really its all their own stories that make it entertaining and there's not much of that in the trailer really so don't worry.

That's good to know. Too often have I seen trailers recently that manage to fit the story arc in 30 seconds. Good to hear there's more to see. Saying that, how I'm going to see this in Canada I don't know. Might have to wait for Netflix.

• 1 year later...