IGNORED

Guilty Gear Xrd - Revelator 2 announced

joffocakes

18 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Bought!

But why the hell is even Kum Haehyun a €6,99 DLC character?!

I can kinda understand Raven and Dizzy, as they always were boss/ secret characters. But Kum as well? That brings the extra character count in Revelator to a measly 3.

Raven you can get free in game, either by buying from the gallery or getting him via fishing. 

22 minutes ago, Jazz Glands said:

Is this much better than GG XRD Sign, which I bought about a year ago in a sale and still haven't played :rolleyes: Worth the upgrade? 

It's a significant upgrade in many respects and well worth £10. Assuming you actually... y'know, get around to playing it. :P

It's definitely better but whether it's worth it or not will depend on how likely you are to invest in the online modes. If you aren't interested in that at all you might as well stick with the first version for its solo modes and messing around with friends.

The online population will have moves on to revelator so that's one main reason. If the new characters interest you then that's another. The tutorials were already great in SIGN but Revelator builds on those and adds some whacky, mini-game variety. 

Story mode in both (?) is an impenetrable 3+ hour long series of cutscenes with no interaction so don't start that up expecting something like Mortal Kombat/Injustice. It's dire. Arcade mode and M.O.M. mode make up for that anyway.

I'm terrified at the prospect of living in a world where I found Ramlethal discovering the joys of eating a burger to be dire.

Seriously though, I had no problem with the story mode. What annoys me about most story modes is that you get a few minutes of cutscenes then you're handed an unfamiliar character to arse about with for a few rounds, then it's straight back to cutscenes. It's not award winning drama by any means, but there's some cool characters and you can switch off completely and just watch it all play out.

• 1 month later...

Is this/are they going to be (paid) dlc, or is this a new game?

I hope Answer is Guilty Gear's... well, answer to Bang from BlazBlue. Him and Valkenhayn were pretty much my two favourites from BB, and that I don't like anyone from GG as much is pretty much my only issue with it.

'Paid DLC at a very reasonable price' is what I got out of it. I personally prefer the GG characters to BB's, but I've never actually found anyone other than Ky that I can use effectively. I mean, Ramlethal's one of the coolest characters around, but my thumbs weave themselves into knots trying to use her. Same with Jack'O, and pretty much everyone else.

And yeah. While my post was essentially BAIKEN'S BACK HOLY SHIT, Answer looks really cool too. He was another character that was in the sidelines of Story Mode in Revelator.

I think I prefer GG's overall, but I think I just miss Bang. GG's ninja character is so dull in comparison.

I'm terrible with everybody, so I just like a fun character with an entertaining design, and that's why I'm so fond of Bang in BB, and Faust in GG. Answer looks like he could be a really stupid comedy ninja (a la Bang), so if he's fun to play I'll probably love him.

Really happy to see Baiken too though, always liked her in the old games, and was actually surprised she wasn't in SIGN.

They announced the upgrade price at 2000 yen which is about 14 quid. Very reasonable considering Arcsys normal full price gouging.

I'm really lucky to have an offline group who rather like this, it's a fantastic, and crazily deep game. Although I'm getting a huge helping of abuse for abusing Ravens glorious mixups.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...