IGNORED

Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3 this year

The Mighty Ash

What's the quickest way of getting 6m credits? Want to try out the Red Bull X2011 Prototype!

Not sure about getting money quick but if you want to try it

its the last car in the good wood events, so play them, or maybe wait till January as apparently there's more events unlocking in the vetel challenge thing and I'd guess it'll be one of the cars in that?

Am wavering about getting this. GT5 was much better than a lot give it credit for. Been playing grid 2 which I enjoy but it's a awkward half way house between a sim and arcade. It is making me want to play the old tocas and GT.

I wouldn't waver. Just get it. GT6 is much better then 5. Some great content as well. It'll see you through to at least Motorstorm or Project CARS (which is basically Race Driver evolution/TOCA with proper physics and an even better car set). AND GT6 will be updated with some great events and features.

Anyway we need more online action but few people are around at present and its good fun - if a bit muted.

But that aside its really good. Well worth the cash.

At the very least, it's a million times better than the flabby non-game GT5 sometimes was.

Perfect it's not, the AI is wonky, it still uses thud.wav, some old cars look OLD and seriously, locking fucking paint colours away?

But it's the best GT and it's probably the first time I'd have said that since GT2.

From what I have heard, Like The Wind series is one of the better events to do for cash. I think that is at International A though. If you haven't got that far, do the Red Bull Series. The junior races net you about 85k base for a win. Do the championship, unlock Brands Hatch, get 85k every 5/6 minutes. Add on your login bonus and make bank.

just destroyed the mario andretti challenge, plus two other seasonals while i was there. brilliant stuff.

so i now have just a touch under 7million credits. more than enough for a 787B, a nice rally car and a jgtc or or two.

i dont think credits will be a problem at all in this game. deciding what to spend it all on is probably harder work.

I've only just opened up online lobbies for doing the driving tests. Have thoroughly enjoyed my time with it so far. Will there be regular rllmuk lobby nights?

I've been a little surprised by the odd graphical hitch (mainly frame rate drops when a car in front kicks up some dust) but they're pretty few and far between.

This is really rather excellent isn't it!.. I didn't have too high hopes going in but they have really crafted an excellent Single Player structure that just keeps chucking events at you. Also helps that its a joy to play as well.

Just means that now between the timesinks that are this and BF4 online nothing else is getting a look in.

I still haven't unlocked online yet but as soon as I do I'll be up for some races too.

There are some new seasonal events up today- big cash available for all of them, and they (part from the 15th anniversary car one) use the s2000 and Delta Integrale, which are both cars you can get for free by golding licenses for those who want to go full miser on things.

And an easy 2.1 mil from the S2000.

For the S2000, give it a stage 3 NA tune and a Mid range turbo if you're using the prize car and it'l come in just under spec. It's a tricky fucker to get out of turns, be very gentle with it but even without pushing I did a 1'55.8, compared to the gold time of 2 mins dead.

Right you are. I knew I hadn't paid for them...

Still about a second off gold on the delta one... Think I'll wait until I've got my login bonus combo up to max before doing all the others.

Anyway, I was wondering if there would be interest in a bit of a racing series. I'm thinking of something along the lines of the forza endurance series from a while ago.

Spec car (I like the look of the Toyota 86 race car base version- cheap, looks racy, and can be painted/numbered)

1.5 hour races with weather variation on and time acceleration at 16x (so an accelerated 24hours)

5 races or so - Nurburgring, Le Mans, Daytona, Suzuka, brands hatch.

My Delta was also mildly upgraded, the biggest problem I had was the tyres are not suited at all and it understeers like a pig. Nonetheless I only got that one by 0.5 seconds on my 4th or 5th lap.

Definitely worth waiting for the combo on these, it's a huge amount of money.

I could be up for a series with my DFGT hooked up.

My Delta was also mildly upgraded, the biggest problem I had was the tyres are not suited at all and it understeers like a pig. Nonetheless I only got that one by 0.5 seconds on my 4th or 5th lap.Definitely worth waiting for the combo on these, it's a huge amount of money.I could be up for a series with my DFGT hooked up.

Yeah, after another session last night, I reckoned that 1:11 is pretty much my limit for the stock delta so lightened and put a race exhaust on it. Gold followed shortly after.

It does all start to seem a bit weird with the micro trans stuff. Why would anyone pony up 8 quid to buy a million credits when you can earn it in about 5 minutes doing a seasonal? There's enough headroom on the PPlimit to bring an overpowered car to make it very easy indeed. Why even code the micro trans system if you're going to circumvent it?

Im not complaining, but we have ended up with a really unbalanced game economy- it's hardly worth finishing the lower tiers of career mode (to get, at most, 2 prize cars per tier) when you could be earning much more cash on seasonals and the upper tiers.

Final thought- the upper Red Bull events were supposed to unlock on New Year's Day according to the In game message and still haven't.

Anyway, I do really love this. The only things I miss from Forza is the livery editor, and good sounds.

If you haven't got that Le Mans type Anniversary car already does it mean that the seasonal event is unavailable?

Just did the 125 kart masters last night it was great fun, so quick! Noticed that they've removed the option to do single races on any track in the kart though, which is quite frankly shit.

Yeah the sound is just hideous in this. Really, really bad. Which is a shame because it's all its missing as a driving experience. Racing they also need to sort of the clown car collisions and thud.wav of course.

I don't mind the unbalanced, it's a semi sandbox game. Yes it's not "worth" doing the lower tiers but then it's not "worth" doing a lot of side missions in some RPGs for instance. The FR challenge with a low PP limit is a side mission effectively, you have to build or buy something you can win with. Hell, you could easily compete with your friends to build the best car under the limit, we spent MONTHS doing that back on the old granturismo.com.

The difference is, here you can pretty much choose which the side missions are, you just need the XP for the last championship and licence test. Me? I'm going to all star the game, eventually.

If you haven't got that Le Mans type Anniversary car already does it mean that the seasonal event is unavailable?

Just did the 125 kart masters last night it was great fun, so quick! Noticed that they've removed the option to do single races on any track in the kart though, which is quite frankly shit.

I think you can use any Anniversary car but unless you can get near the 613PP with tuning and upgrades you're going to struggle to hit the target times.

Its hard trying to get a few people together although i've been away since.

I was playing on a loaner PS3 that I had to return. Looking into getting a new one to continue playing GT6, though I still have more than enough to play on 360 and PS4...

Hell, you could easily compete with your friends to build the best car under the limit, we spent MONTHS doing that back on the old granturismo.com.

I always wondered if you were the same Dudley from back in the GT.com / gtx.net days… ah, memories.

I think you can use any Anniversary car but unless you can get near the 613PP with tuning and upgrades you're going to struggle to hit the target times.

Hmm it appears I don't have an anniversary car available which is strange. Can someone gift me one please?

Just doing the 125 shifter karts at the moment - super rapid!

This is great isn't it. Did all three of the Goodwood runs last night. I whistled Splash Wave all the way through the last one.

Ordered a Driving Force GT to play it with too (well this and Euro Truck 2!).

---

S0L

---

The login bonus on this is a bit inconsistent!

Was at 200% and missed a day, thought I'd lose the whole bonus but it looked like it went down to 170%, logged in the next day back up to 200% then I've just logged in and I'm down to 150%. Crayzay.