rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
ravnaz

FarCry: Blood Dragon

5-6 hours of gameplay.

An island about a quarter of the size of the map in Far Cry 3.

Strongholds to capture.

Capturing strongholds unlocks hunting missions and sidequests.

Completing hunting missions and sidequests unlocks weapon modifications.

As does hunting wildlife.

The title is very relevant to the gameplay.

The plot is ludicrously over-the-top 80's awesome.

The climax of the game is absolutely the highlight.

It's amazing.

Everyone who enjoyed Far Cry 3 really should get it.

What a refreshingly honest and excellent walk through! I love the look of it. It's dark yet not in that rubbish "brown/gritty" way as its balanced with the 80's neon lighting.

The real question is if it gives you any play value if you have already rinsed FC3. Dood's play impressions suggested not, what I've seen in videos suggests not, but buy it anyway you bunch of slack jawed faggots. :quote:

• Downvote 5

So I haven't played FarCry3. Loved FarCry1 and Crysis. This does look good and I reckon I'll grab it. Probably on PC as otherwise I'll have to pay over the odds for MS points.

Need some points for this, it just looks fucking brilliant. How many spacebucks is it meant to cost?

Ha I also noticed the Shotgun is called the Galleria '91, in it being the rosebox winchester shotgun from T2 arnie opens in that mall, from the '91 film. Love stuff like that.

PS3 as well? I've no interest in Far Cry 3 itself but can see me enjoying this.

Why would you have no interest in Far Cry 3, but you fancy this? It's just the same game reskinned.

You're mental anyway, as Far Cry 3 is excellent.

Need some points for this, it just looks fucking brilliant. How many spacebucks is it meant to cost?

Ha I also noticed the Shotgun is called the Galleria '91, in it being the rosebox winchester shotgun from T2 arnie opens in that mall, from the '91 film. Love stuff like that.

That's not even the best thing about it. :)

More the fact its a short game and looks bonkers.

I can understand the looking bonkers thing, but why would you want it to be short? Surely if it's good, which I don't doubt it will be, you'd want it to last as long as possible.

Don't underestimate Far Cry 3 for being bonkers either. Some of the emergent gameplay that happens while you're infiltrating outposts is up there with the best of 'em.

Look Ben, all I'm saying is trust me and fucking play it!

Its not out until Wednesday. Thanks for the Game heads up, that would suggest 1200 points which is a pleasant suprise.

Ah ok cheers. Damn I was hoping to play this after work to cure my Monday blues! :doh:

No coop.

It's decent, and has some good laughs, but really it is just more FC3. As someone who couldn't bring themselves to finish FC3 (game just dragged on a bit, gave up shortly after arriving at the second island) I found it a bit too familiar. Worth it if you're desparate for more open map shootymans, or love the 80's vibe thing, or (enemy type spoiler)

you want to fight robot dinosaurs

. :)

No coop.

It's decent, and has some good laughs, but really it is just more FC3. As someone who couldn't bring themselves to finish FC3 (game just dragged on a bit, gave up shortly after arriving at the second island) I found it a bit too familiar. Worth it if you're desparate for more open map shootymans, or love the 80's vibe thing, or (enemy type spoiler)

you want to fight robot dinosaurs

. :)

Fair enough, thanks. I loved FC3, so a little expansion with a different theme sounds great.