Call of Duty G-G-G-Ghosts!

Harsin

Tried this again recently... sorry but this is garbage. I'm trading in my copy this week. I went back to BLOPS2 and it's head and shoulders better. It feels like the cleaners were tasked to come up with this. Just so much wrong with it. Oh well, at least I have B4 and Titanfall soon, the proper COD sequel, plus my COD on 360 collection to rely on. It was nice knowing you COD.

As much as I stand by my rant, I've played this all day with a couple of tweaks to classes I'm running, and had a great time. A lot of it being down to how nice it looks all lovely 1080p and how beautifully it controls on the ds4. Absolutely adore this pad.

Still really enjoying this, just hit 10,000 kills online with a K/D of 1.80 which I'm more than happy with. Theres some shit maps but some of the best ones yet (Warhawk is amazing) nearly all the griefing shit has been done away with i.e no more 5 foot knife lunges, no quickscopers, no bunny hopping SMGs that outgun an LMG from 30feet, no constant UAVs, no constant air support, noob tubes totally nerfed. The only thing I don't like are Honey Badger drop shotting scrubs, but hey i'll take that over all off the above. Maps are a mixed bag of really good (Overlord, Warhawk, Strikezone, Prison Break, Octane), OK and downright pish (Chasm is the worst COD map in ages) but for the most part they are good and varied with a nice colour pallette and good to see they haven't just been copied and pasted from the single player. Treyarch's map design might be fast and furious but they have practically zero verticality and turn into a carnival of death in no time. There's nothing in Ghosts that is as poor as Hijacked or Nuketown which are just awful. Even the smallest map in Ghosts which is Strikezone is big enough for you to hold down an area. My only complaint is the spawn system needs some severe TLC as on maps this big, spawning up someone's arse just shouldn't happen but I've constantly been 4 or 5-0 up only to die and be killed 2 or 3 times over within 30 seconds. Either way the kicking the game is getting is frankly undeserved, this is the best COD since MW2 hands down and I put a month into that one and 2-3 days into all the others since and this is the only one that comes close, the Netcode alone pisses all over the last 3 games.

I dont trust the map makers though, the fun ive had in ghosts is despite the maps, not because of them. Definitely the worst selection of maps ever in a COD. You can see the design holes everywhere, windows barred up, dead end corridors, stairways up to nothing because theyve removed the sniping window for balance. I think im going to rinse it another month until total saturation then move to BF4.

I don't get the hate for the maps. Only Chasm, Flooded, Prison Break and Siege feel like they are below par. I'm not even that good, K/D is below 1, but I have really enjoyed my time with the game.

The main issue I see is the spawning and something which may be down to lag, but some kill cams are extremely dodgy. If I weren't playing on the Xbox One, I'd be accusing people of using aim bots! So many times, someone has been running past me and as I open fire, they turn immediately and kill me, or I don't even have a clue where I've been killed from.Then checking the kill cam and the player has been in no way aware of me then instantly turns and snaps to me and kills me. The movement is far to quick, even turning the sensitivity up to max, I can't replicate this quick turn. Even doing this and shooting through walls/fences when you can't even see me on the kill cam! Also, the ADS speed seems far quicker than anything I've ever seen using the Quickdraw perk. But as I say, I am putting these things down as network/lag issues. Still suspicious though.

The kill cams arent meant to be accurate, theyre just rough playbacks of what happened. Im certain there are a few cheats mind, network manipulating. Ive had a few games where ive come across unkillable players, lots of people commenting on it during the in game chat. Ive put full clips into fresh air and they just run by me, even ignore me sometimes. The knifers are annoying too, walking through my bullets and knifing me is ridiculous as ever.

Since getting the 5.1 headphones though im realising how much it brings to it, working out peoples positioning and so on. Im currently using fast ADS perk, fast reload, fast walk while ADS, and amplify footsteps. Using the target identifier and muzzle brake on my guns, or sometimes honey badger and grip with target identifier. With this stuff all on ive managed a few games where ive hit 10 kill streaks etc, i know when people are walking nearby me and im ADSing where they are in anticipation. Also using the blast damage - show outline perk to see people through walls. Probably my best time of it is using bolt action snipers with chrome barrel and thermal sites on stonehaven ground war too.

Actually really like the look of that DLC. Not played a COD since MW2, but kinda tempted to pick this up.

Don't mate. Play TDM or Domination on BF4 if you need a small map high kill rate fix.

I dont trust the map makers though, the fun ive had in ghosts is despite the maps, not because of them. Definitely the worst selection of maps ever in a COD. You can see the design holes everywhere, windows barred up, dead end corridors, stairways up to nothing because theyve removed the sniping window for balance. I think im going to rinse it another month until total saturation then move to BF4.

This. Horrid. Jumping back even to any of the last ones it's like night and day. Doesn't help I find the Bone pad horrid either, those gangly sticks and rubbish triggers.

I know i keep saying it but the ps4 pad is so perfect, tiny nuanced adjustments in sniping, aiming feels great. Hopefully third parties sort out the xbones bad sticks.

I love the DS4 but it is far from perfect. My main problems with it so far is the battery life, the disintegrating sticks and the sticking buttons issue.

No sticking buttons for me, pads seem ok so far touch wood. The options button is a bit crap in its placement, and the touchpad does nothing for me. Also i prefer r1/l1 for fire/ADS rather than the triggers.

the sticky buttons and dodgy sticks are known issues though so you're either extremely lucky or will experience them at some point. Both my DS4s (the packed in one and the one I bought separately) have been an issue and I'll be sending them back for replacements once they get really bad.

what do you need more than 6 hours for?

To be fair to him, I can see the frustration. It's not that you'd need it for more than 6 hours in one sitting, it's more that it means he has to remember to charge it far less often.

I remember reading that someone disconnected the light on the PS4 controller and it doubled the battery life. Not sure if that's exaggerated (probably) but if it's significant I'd expect there to be a firmware update at some point allowing it to be shut off.

That's entirely subjective though, I prefer the Xbox One pad to the 360 one in many ways. The sticks are designed the way they are deliberately, and they're incredibly accurate and easy to use as a result. You won't find anyone worrying the rubber coming off them either, the material on the heads is the finest of any pad I've used.

And a latency issue, i prefer wired in.

That's true, it was genuinely noticeable when going directly from wired to wireless on the 360, although it was imperceptible otherwise. I'm unsure whether it's still the case with the new pads and their updated wireless standards.

Does the PS4 pad actually send its signal down the wire when plugged in, or just charge itself?