IGNORED

Call of Duty G-G-G-Ghosts!

Harsin

I don't understand the appeal of the bots thing at all. What is the point?

Online is fairly abusive these days isn't it? COD attracts the lowest common denominator, which you'd rather not play against. I used to love online play, but I have not switched the headset on for years, and the cheaters / hackers too.

I've always been in favour of MP modes being able to played offline, as it where.

Probably the toughest start I've had on this series multiplayer, I usually get whipped at the start but not as bad as this, my KD is about 0.58, the frag grenades int this are like throwing a jam doughnut, they are rubbish

The maps, way too big for 6 v 6 and this is the first one they take out ground war...

4 Squad points for stuff like a grip just for 1 gun, whos idea was all that?

I'll get into it eventually but it's not much fun right now

You can't not be bothered by dying all the time. I tried that with previous ones, I think the max I've done is 30 mins in before I go "sod all this, they're too good". I bought MW3 on release day and everyone there had already unlocked all the good stuff. To have fun you need to have a level playing field. Short of taking it seriously (learning all the maps, chokepoints, strengths and weaknesses of loadouts etc) there was no way I would match their level.

Which is why bots are great. Black ops had them but you couldn't level up, meaning you were stuck with the default beginner setup.

i like online and i die all the time, thats the game..2 bullet death game innit. its fun to earn new stuff to play with. i use 2x tripmines on my class so i get some hilarious kills by being sneaky. i think its very good, i cant wait for the ps4 version.

Just play to enjoy then? If you aren't bothered then it won't be stressful. Just seems odd to me that's all :)

I play both but there's something just really fun about playing against bots and they aren't too shabby either. There's also fun modes where you can go and play against other people and their squad too.

It's just nice to have the option and I think bots should be in any multiplayer game as standard.

My K/D is at 1.30 at the moment after 10 hours or so online, I die alot but with COD the first prestige is all about learning the maps and trying out all the different equipment until you find the ones that work for you. It's a nice warm up for the PS4 version and I'll enjoy these maps at 9v9 instead.

Did a few more mission of the single player and still really enjoying it, it's certainly a great spectacle, very well paced and beautiful at times (the sunset map on the oil rig was really nice) shame they don't seem to take more risks with the lighting on the MP, some nightime maps wouldn't go amiss.

I'm warming to this aswell, played a little of the campaign but think I will leave it until I have my PS4 as I want to experience it with the best possible graphics

Playing MP but the maps are too large for 6v6 so looking forward to 9v9 as this should help out a lot.

KD is rubbish though at the moment - hehe

Yep , Chasm is my least favourite as well. What a shit map.

I love Flooded and Octane though, the former could be a COD classic. Hiding IED's in the shallow water for maximum troll effectiveness and hearing the rage through the Mic is class.

Also the IMS is absolutely beastly in this game, stick it in the middle of a high traffic area and watch those kills mount up. Run hardline and it's yours at 4 making the high level killstreaks somewhat obtainable.

think im done with this now..closing thoughts

maps are shit, theyre all..without exception..fucking crap. theyre a pain to traverse, massive, empty, boring, irritating, cluttered, and not fun.

free for all is now dead, because of the size of the maps

you spend most games carelessly running, else you get bored, because else youd never encounter anyone....

the maps are so poor that people just sit inside houses, or crouch and snipe. so you end up with runners, and campers, no intbetween.

unlocking punishes experimentation because it takes so long.

im going back to mw2 and blops 1/2. none of this game holds a candle to the older ones, not the weapons, the levels, the unlocking, the design, the rewards, the size of the battles. personal highlights of the older games for me ...running round the boat on blops2 with shotguns, hacking mines and so on, or the crisp snowy levels in blops 1 and mw 2 and 3.

what a poor game, my feelings have been bad/good/bad on an alternating daily basis. but now iv had it.

Here's Sandy Ravage thoughts on the game which pretty much reflect my own:

Impressions so far I think this is a good COD, I like these nice big maps, the COD 'Community' however love retarded shit like Nuketown and that Boat level from Black Ops 2 where you run around like headless chickens, hipfiring SMGs at each other and bunny hopping around and all the other ADD riddled stupid shit that has blighted this series for the last three games has finally been done away with, resulting in something that requires some thought into positioning and sight lines instead of pegging it around like formula one cars. I'm actually enjoying winning some of these games on the timer, instead of the 75 kill limit being hit in about 3 minutes then everyone voting for the same tiny map. Again.

MW2 is still the COD king but this has a similar feel (minus the air support) the hit detection is the best it's been since then....axing the theatre mode was a good call.

Also finished the campaign earlier. Stupendously enjoyable fluff, Those last few levels are so over the top. The lead bad guy is a real piece of crap.

hes very accurate with the pad, i presume thats 360 hes playing. agree on the spawns and the maps sucking, glad he noticed the low health and how people camp even worse now. i dont see how you can get past those really, they really spoil it. i thin i;l take a months break and pick it up again when its been patched up, and on ps4 with ground war

That's why i'm holding out till the PS4 version. I think Ground War 9 v 9 will make the maps a perfect size. Besides that, it looks really good IMO.

I also like that there's no blackbird and non-stop killstreaks in the sky going on.

From what I've seen the Ping killstreak looks really good and is underused at the moment.

I'm one of those odd ducks who play CoD for the single-player. Long ago I used to quite like the multi in MW 1 and 2, but isince then (for me) it's become an ever more bloated mess that panders to the worst elements of the online community. However, I find that the SP is usually a decent rental, you can normally hammer the it a weekend.

I thought this was the worst CoD in that regards for a while, possibly the worst since Treyarch's early entries. I was quite impressed by Black Ops 2, it had things like you actually haveing some impact on the storyline and optional objectives and missions. Doesn't sound like much, but for this franchise it was refreshing. Unfortunately all that is gone for Ghosts, which just plays straight into the hands of criticisms of CoD, feeling much of the time like playing Virtua Cop while occasionally switching over to watch a bit of an awful Michael Bay film.

It's just so creatively bankrupt. Look there's a bit from Moonraker. Now it's a bit from G.I. Joe: Retaliation. Oh I remember that from the Dark Knight: Rises. Hey, that's from Team America. Hang on, didn't I play pretty much this exact level, but better, in Black Ops 2 a year ago? CoD has always tipped it's hat at movies, but It just goes on and one like that until Quentin Tarantino would be shaking his head at the sheer level of homages (using that term generously) in a pretty short game. I can't believe they spent so much time hyping the damn dog, it's a complete non-entity, a couple of brief levels with stealth segments that basically consist of pressing forward and hitting a button occasionally or press LB have him run at enemies with his invulnerability superpower. Great.

I'm one of those odd ducks who play CoD for the single-player.

This can't be true though. No game sells COD numbers without a proportion of people buying it for the SP. 30% of 360s in the US aren't even connected to the internet, and how many of the remaining have a paid-for Gold sub? I think a huge chunk of people buy COD for single player, which is why it's still in there and why they spend so much money on it.

I fancy the "fatigue" for COD isn't just the multiplayer market finally tiring of the same game, repackaged and dropped yearly for the last 5 years but increased competition on the single player side. It isn't the only place to go for "rollercoaster" style entertainment. Other shooters have caught up and you could argue that perhaps people can get three 3D IMAX movies watched for the price of a single COD which will provide the same sort of in-your-face fun for about the same price and about the same duration as a COD campaign. Like all gaming it has to compete in the entertainment space for people's time and money - and perhaps the value proposition isn't there (so much) any more.

Are MW1+2 still pretty popular on the pc? They were the only ones i really enjoyed MP on. I'd prefer MW2 though i think.

also. did anyone who with ghosts find

the bit where riley gets injured a bit upsetting? It's weird i can go through a game shooting hundreds of guys and not give a shit but when the dog gets injured and starts whimpering it's difficult to deal with!

Just finished the campaign.

Not my favorite COD, it was mostly fun but no where as good as the previous games. I wouldn't have even said the set pieces were anything amazing. Just seemed very by the numbers. First COD on the pc i have played as well - at least the graphics were generally very good.

Why the heck did they make such a big deal of the dog though? He was only in a few levels.

That ending though!!