IGNORED

Call of Duty G-G-G-Ghosts!

Harsin

Just noticed in the Giant Bomb playthrough you can use bots for all modes. Could you do this in BLOPS2?

In private matches yeah though in Ghosts you can mess with the Squad modes and level up your characters as normal which you can't really do in BLOPS 2, apart from game mode where it's a mix of bots and people. That's one of the things I like about Ghosts. It's surprisingly stress free too and good for a laugh :)

Hnnnng COD4 servers.... maybe it's time I bought a gaming PC ^_^

So many times I've been tempted to set up a rllmuk COD4 server for around 18 - 20 people, not even sure if there'd be demand for it though. No nonsense, no silly rules or extreme numbers of players. Just all the maps, a few game modes and that good ol COD4 experience. Maybe one of these days I'll get round to it.

The maps are all larger than normal and yet they opted to remove Ground War. I'm unconvinced they know what they're doing.

Bigger maps might be welcome if you didn't get enemies respawning right behind you on a constant basis, but no, they can't get that right either.

The maps are all larger than normal and yet they opted to remove Ground War. I'm unconvinced they know what they're doing.

Bigger maps might be welcome if you didn't get enemies respawning right behind you on a constant basis, but no, they can't get that right either.

I wasn't going to get this this because they took out ground war but thought I'd give 6 v 6 a go and I agree with you about the map size, but I thought that it was because there's loads of destructible buildings and stuff and it couldn't handle 9 v 9 so that's why they took it out??? It looks the same to me

Me and the missus firmly agree that the maps ar elcackign in variety, they are all very samey. The game modes are lacking; where's hardpoint? Where's Demolition?

At the moment, Blops2 pisses on this

One thing I didn't realise is that when you unclock new character you reset to zero for that character. So you can make a load of spending mistakes with you intitial character Pinada , or what ever the fuck her name is and then the next character you buy can have all those mistakes eliminated; you also start with a default loadout that you choose for each chacratcer. That bit Iike.

Shame the maps suck though.

what? so if i pay 3 squad points for a new soldier...which i thought was just a glorified slot....you get a load of points to spend in it? i dont get it

played some more of this. the perks are not great im noticing. ive got some ok loadouts but basically youre better off letting them unlock rather than spending squad points on them. saying that ive bought a few. i currently use fast aim, fast reload, focus, ready up and gamble, with the 3 shot burst AR that does 55points per hit. so thats a 2 hit kill on a 3 burst gun.

i bought the steady aim perk but it doesnt give me a laser sight like blops2, and there arent any available that ive seen so far, but yet ive picked them up off other people. i cant seem to find the proper deep challenges either, like the old kill 100 men when crouching, etc. like in blops 2 that went on forever. all it has is the unlocking if sites and whatnot, and the daily challenge stuff...which actually costs money to buy a new set of. yeah..still not convinced....it kinda makes me want to buy the map packs for blops 2 and get back onto that quite soon. and the maps in this are still pretty shit, im glad i didnt bother going miles to find a GAME to get the exclusive map, its probly shit aswell.

Has it been established yet if the problems on the ps4 version are also present on the pc?

From what i've read above it just seems like the code is a complete dog.

Amazon shipped my copy before the reviews came out, i would say infinity ward played their hand well as i would have most certainly have cancelled if i could have read the reviews first.

Has it been established yet if the problems on the ps4 version are also present on the pc?

From what i've read above it just seems like the code is a complete dog.

Amazon shipped my copy before the reviews came out, i would say infinity ward played their hand well as i would have most certainly have cancelled if i could have read the reviews first.

The PC version isn't very well optimised at all so it wouldn't surprise me. BF4, when it works, has been butter smooth in comparison.

I picked this up at launch and as a massive COD fan who sank many hours into this series since COD4:MW, the series has past its peak (for me).

They really need to sort the respawn out on this as its the most frustrating thing I find in the game and no excuse when the size of the map is big.

Will be hammering it until Sat and then will trade it in at CEX for a cool £35 cash. £5 well spent as I would of rented but Blockbuster have stopped that stuff now :(. Still I only paid £40 so its like a rental anyway! :D

I picked this up at launch and as a massive COD fan who sank many hours into this series since COD4:MW, the series has past its peak (for me).

They really need to sort the respawn out on this as its the most frustrating thing I find in the game and no excuse when the size of the map is big.

Will be hammering it until Sat and then will trade it in at CEX for a cool £35 cash. £5 well spent as I would of rented but Blockbuster have stopped that stuff now :(. Still I only paid £40 so its like a rental anyway! :D

The beauty of physical media :)

The beauty of physical media :)

Indeed! Plus, I got to buy a game with my 'Meal Deal' so cant be bad.

I must add though, for the 4 hrs I have put in (all online) I am enjoying it but I think its the majic thats been lost along the way. I (like another poster above) mentioned coming home on luch breaks and playing it. I used to do that on MW and MW2, all the time and remember playing it on a 'work' night and still being in my suit at 4am playing it and laughing that I would be getting up for work in 3hrs! :)

But maybe thats becasue I am a little older and a tiny bit wiser but this game aint a patch on the older stuff. They really need to do a 'best of maps' game tand just make it MP only with all the fan voted maps, in 1080p/60hz ;) haha and with loads of game modes and you just buy the maps you like via DL.

what? so if i pay 3 squad points for a new soldier...which i thought was just a glorified slot....you get a load of points to spend in it? i dont get it

No, it's kind of like a prestige before the prestige . You start from zero with that new character but you can switch back to any other character at any time. Your level with the new character will start at 1 . That said I didn't check to see whether coins earned can be spent in any slot or are locked to the character that earned them .

played some more of this. the perks are not great im noticing. ive got some ok loadouts but basically youre better off letting them unlock rather than spending squad points on them. saying that ive bought a few. i currently use fast aim, fast reload, focus, ready up and gamble, with the 3 shot burst AR that does 55points per hit. so thats a 2 hit kill on a 3 burst gun.

i bought the steady aim perk but it doesnt give me a laser sight like blops2, and there arent any available that ive seen so far, but yet ive picked them up off other people. i cant seem to find the proper deep challenges either, like the old kill 100 men when crouching, etc. like in blops 2 that went on forever. all it has is the unlocking if sites and whatnot, and the daily challenge stuff...which actually costs money to buy a new set of. yeah..still not convinced....it kinda makes me want to buy the map packs for blops 2 and get back onto that quite soon. and the maps in this are still pretty shit, im glad i didnt bother going miles to find a GAME to get the exclusive map, its probly shit aswell.

Please use capitals and apostrophes

right, got you...so you can choose your class differently. makes sense...so now you prestige 10 soldiers not 1 x 10.

Please use capitals and apostrophes

did you know that mcdonalds famous "im lovin it" was focus grouped extensively because todays macd customer doesnt have time or need for punctuation or capitals.

ps no

Played a few hours of the campaign earlier.

It's so very, very dull. It's a totally moribund series - the gameplay hasn't changed since Call of Duty 2. It's almost exactly the same gameplay (bar risible shit like controlling drones/missiles and now dogs) with new skins.

Nothing fucking happens, it's a totally empty spectacle. It's a lightgun game with the on-rails element removed.

It mostly looks good bar some fucking awful textures but its a very limited step up from the good-looking BLOPS 2. The main improvement seems to be lots of particle effects.

But it still basically looks like COD and its visuals got tired years ago. Meh.

I have tried the MP again but it's completely unplayable for me.

My system exceeds the minimum specs by quite some margin yet I cannot find a way to decrease fidelity enough that it is at all playable. Unless the stuttering is due to lag? It's impossible to say as there is no indicator of latency/ping at all..

With FPS so bad it judders and splutters across the screen the game is a total lottery. Not helped by the complete lack of bullet impact feedback, there is not even any indication that the opponent has been killed.

The maps are the worst I've seen in an FPS in quite some time - no flow, no chokes, bland and ugly environments, and with no suggestion at all that any consideration has been given to making them fun/challenging. The upgrade system is a step backwards as are the perks, and the animation/physics of the MP folk is laughably bad. I've lost count of the weird twitching and bouncing corpses I've seen.

This is a game that really should have been canned/delayed as year as this is a long, long way from good enough.

Fucking cash cows.

right, got you...so you can choose your class differently. makes sense...so now you prestige 10 soldiers not 1 x 10.

did you know that mcdonalds famous "im lovin it" was focus grouped extensively because todays macd customer doesnt have time or need for punctuation or capitals.

ps no

Well, it's just a recent thing and you seem to be quite proud of it. Ok, it's your internet persona - fair enough. Just doesn't do you any favours.

Anyway, back to saying how shit CoD is

I have tried the MP again but it's completely unplayable for me.

My system exceeds the minimum specs by quite some margin yet I cannot find a way to decrease fidelity enough that it is at all playable. Unless the stuttering is due to lag? It's impossible to say as there is no indicator of latency/ping at all..

With FPS so bad it judders and splutters across the screen the game is a total lottery. Not helped by the complete lack of bullet impact feedback, there is not even any indication that the opponent has been killed.

The maps are the worst I've seen in an FPS in quite some time - no flow, no chokes, bland and ugly environments, and with no suggestion at all that any consideration has been given to making them fun/challenging. The upgrade system is a step backwards as are the perks, and the animation/physics of the MP folk is laughably bad. I've lost count of the weird twitching and bouncing corpses I've seen.

This is a game that really should have been canned/delayed as year as this is a long, long way from good enough.

Fucking cash cows.

im really enjoying it now after some adjustments. ive caved in and now lowered sensitivity to low, so i can actually hit stuff. iv upped the sharpness on my tv a few notches to compensate for the soft ps3 image, and lowered the colour beyond normal levels to compensate for the cartoon colours. binned free for all and started playing some tdm, it helps having 12 players when the maps are so massive. ive read a few gun stat guides and am now having fun with sniper rifles....usually other peoples, saves you buying them. a nifty class to set up is loaded with perks and whatnot but dont bother with a gun, just use what you find.

so yeah, definitely enjoying now, and will happily carry on the prestiging on my shiny ps4 at xmas..looking fwd to the ds4 too for some extra control fidelity. but i will never play sp campaign..smitty youre playing the wrong thing there, thgeyve been terrible since mw1, and even that wasnt amazing.

Well, it's just a recent thing and you seem to be quite proud of it. Ok, it's your internet persona - fair enough. Just doesn't do you any favours.

Anyway, back to saying how shit CoD is

favours, what favours? you can read my words, capitals make no difference. its not a persona its my typing thoughts in my head

Been really enjoying Extinction, so much so I've put over 20 hours into it alone. After you go through the 30 ranks you automatically go back to rank 1 but you can choose from these 'Prestige Relics' which you can add to your loadout if you want. There's 5 and it looks like you can choose one per Extinction prestige. The thing is they all make the game more difficult but you get more XP etc in return. I'm not sure what the point in prestiging is other than for the sake of it though. You keep everything you've unlocked and there's nothing to go for other than score. Saying that I'll still be playing it for a bit purely because it's fun but it feels a bit barebones so I hope they expand upon it a bit more with DLC. I'm enjoying it more than the standard multi tbh.

What I can't understand is that it seems we get this exact same thread every single year.

"I just bought the latest CoD and it's still rubbish"

"The game hasn't changed in 10 years"

"The single player is shorter than ever"

"The multiplayer is worse than {previous installment}"

Why do you guys keep buying and playing it if you don't like it?

Because they secretly love it like digital crack.

Personally I'm really enjoying it. The single player has been really entertaining so far, absurdly over the top now i'm just waiting for the laser beam dolphins to show up, and it's a shame from the relative low key of COD 4 and the WW2 campaigns but it's really fun and well presented. There's a couple of class levels early on,

Fighting through the ruined stadium and the Skyscraper level where you rappel down like a squad of Ninjas, clearing it floor by floor in the dark with some excellent strobe lighting before the whole thing blows up and you parachute to safety...great stuff

I'm enjoying the multiplayer as well, it ain't perfect (COD seems to go to drastic measures to change things, for example nobody uses RPGs or Noob Tubes anymore as they have been nerfed to absolute uselessness from the godlike griefing of previous installments) but it's pretty solid, the verticality to the maps is really nice and the lean and slides are a great feature.

Basically if you like COD, you know exactly what you're getting and will garner some enjoyment from it. You can't lose money on a COD game anyway so consider it a free rental. I bought mine from GAME for £45 which came with 2 preorder codes which went on ebay and netted me £20, so I effectively paid £25 for it and will then trade it in for the PS4 version for an extra tenner, so £35 all in for next gen COD. Sorted.

I'll probably end up borrowing it to blast through the single player campaign in a weekend as I usually do, the multiplayer doesn't interest me. I thought Black Ops 2 was a bit poor with its future warfare stuff though, but I got enjoyment out of the other games as long as you treat them as the pretty but mindless shooting galleries they are.