IGNORED

Call of Duty G-G-G-Ghosts!

Harsin

:lol:

Playing it again, and saying you hate it, doesn't make your opinion more valid than people who do enjoy it. Nice passive aggressiveness there.

Or maybe you're reading my thoughts wrong? All I was saying was I wanted to play more so to see if my initial impressions remained the same. Sensitive much?

Modern Warfare 3 had the worst maps of the entire series, proper cobbled together, flat baked bullshit with zero verticality or choke points. The only way to get good streaks was to sit in the corner, total tedium.

Erm, well I never sat in a corner and I managed fine thanks.

So I played more, and it's... okay. It will never be as good as blops2, which wasn't as good as some of the previous entries. It does feel like a B-team game. The maps aren't great.

To those jumping down my neck, I did / do want this to be good, I've put in 100+ hours on all the last releases each in this franchise. Hence why I'm going to persevere for a bit to see how it beds in.

Or maybe you're reading my thoughts wrong? All I was saying was I wanted to play more so to see if my initial impressions remained the same. Sensitive much?

Erm, well I never sat in a corner and I managed fine thanks.

So I played more, and it's... okay. It will never be as good as blops2, which wasn't as good as some of the previous entries. It does feel like a B-team game. The maps aren't great.

To those jumping down my neck, I did / do want this to be good, I've put in 100+ hours on all the last releases each in this franchise. Hence why I'm going to persevere for a bit to see how it beds in.

I apologise then :) I did read it wrong in that case as it came across as a bit snarky to me anyway. Eh nevermind though, back to shooting aliens :D

Theres nothing worse than having a grumble and ranting, I guess i'm just gutted that its gone downhill so quickly, and clearly after MW2 the talent started to leave.

I wanted it to be good, its something I used to get up at 5 am for, a cup of coffee and a few rounds before the studio, one of those games that you couldnt wait to get home for. Its like the soul has been ripped out.

Everything has its day and fuck me it had a good run year in year out but those hits have started to dry up and it's all gone a bit Status Quo, 4 bars and the same riff with 2 old fellas. Forget Eminem they should have used In the Army now for the launch.

Into retail being the magical words their though. Not sell through.

So you're telling me that Activation shipped a billion dollars worth of games for no reason?

Like they don't know the presale numbers and that?

Don't be silly. The sooner we realise that we don't represent the majority of gamers the sooner we'll lose silly statements like 'cod is finished' and 'they should take a year off.'

So you're telling me that Activation shipped a billion dollars worth of games for no reason?

Like they don't know the presale numbers and that?

Don't be silly. The sooner we realise that we don't represent the majority of gamers the sooner we'll lose silly statements like 'cod is finished' and 'they should take a year off.'

Maybe ? They could easily be hoping that many folk just go in and buy it on release day without preordering.

I'm not one of these 'COD is finished' people as I'm obviously enjoying Ghosts and like COD in general. But there's been such a lack of excitement for COD this year and I'm not talking about here either or on forums. On my friends list with folks from work who are very much COD/FIFA people there's something like 1/2 people playing Ghosts at the very most. You also have people going to midnight launches saying how the excitement just wasn't there with only a few people at them. There's always been a sense of 'occasion' around a COD release and that just hasn't really happened this time.

Does it mean COD is dead ? Of course not, it'll probably do fine, but you can see the interest gradually declining or maybe MW3 just put a lot of people off, goodness only knows. This is why I think the series needs a break to refresh, get a new engine and come back stronger than ever. I don't want to see the series run into the ground as I've always enjoyed it.

a537o.gif

Fraps counter int he top right is what to look for in this gif. The game drops almost 30FPS just by using ADS. Seems like its horribly unoptimized (the neogaf performance thread is full of people with Titan tier PCs saying it runs like shit) and this chap found the reason why the game requires 6GB of ram is because theres 3GB of filler data in the games memory address spaces

I actually used to like it for being a flashy shooty gallery. I like the fact that you can drop bad-duds with a single well aimed shot unlike almost every other shooter ever. Problem is that the actual shooty mechanics are a bit shit, and the world they occur in doesnt feel engaging enough. These are exactly the things Battlefield does a bit better, although imo even that has a lot of room to improve.

It really does run like shit. I have a pretty capable PC but ghost, especially in MP, is a jerk fest at much lower resolutions and settings than the much prettier BF4 (for example) will run at.

I just realized my biggest gripe with the MP, other than the hopeless maps, is the lack of bullet impact sounds. I have no idea if I'm hitting people, or even if I've killed them which results in a huge disconnect. And, yeah, I used to enjoy it's lack of realism and flashy shooting gallery-ness too..

But this really is a dogs dinner of a game.

Maybe ? They could easily be hoping that many folk just go in and buy it on release day without preordering.

I'm not one of these 'COD is finished' people as I'm obviously enjoying Ghosts and like COD in general. But there's been such a lack of excitement for COD this year and I'm not talking about here either or on forums. On my friends list with folks from work who are very much COD/FIFA people there's something like 1/2 people playing Ghosts at the very most. You also have people going to midnight launches saying how the excitement just wasn't there with only a few people at them. There's always been a sense of 'occasion' around a COD release and that just hasn't really happened this time.

Does it mean COD is dead ? Of course not, it'll probably do fine, but you can see the interest gradually declining or maybe MW3 just put a lot of people off, goodness only knows. This is why I think the series needs a break to refresh, get a new engine and come back stronger than ever. I don't want to see the series run into the ground as I've always enjoyed it.

There's no way they would ship that many copies on a hope that it might sell. That would be insane.

It'll sell less than previous cod games I'm sure but it'll still do very well.

People keep saying it needs to take a year off but again that would be crazy considering how much money it brings in.

I've always enjoyed the campaigns. They're mindless fun. I like sitting down, blasting through them then selling the game on for a decent price thanks to the online community.

I apologise then :) I did read it wrong in that case as it came across as a bit snarky to me anyway. Eh nevermind though, back to shooting aliens :D

That's fine dude, soz too, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Hopefully it will keep growing on me. I did have some good games of Kill Confirmed, going around 16-6 on new maps, was quite cool with me and my dog running around :D

Theres nothing worse than having a grumble and ranting, I guess i'm just gutted that its gone downhill so quickly, and clearly after MW2 the talent started to leave.

I wanted it to be good, its something I used to get up at 5 am for, a cup of coffee and a few rounds before the studio, one of those games that you couldnt wait to get home for. Its like the soul has been ripped out.

Everything has its day and fuck me it had a good run year in year out but those hits have started to dry up and it's all gone a bit Status Quo, 4 bars and the same riff with 2 old fellas. Forget Eminem they should have used In the Army now for the launch.

I was the same in the US, I'd either sneak a round of two in before work at 7am, or on my lunch break pop home and play 3-4 games, even though I worked in QA for a living hah. Good memories of MW2 and BLOPS1 of that, less so MW3.

I am betting Titanfall will be a good replacement for this feeling, and Killzone possibly too going by the latest videos. BF4 will be my gaming night squad up and play for hours FPS.

That's fine dude, soz too, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Hopefully it will keep growing on me. I did have some good games of Kill Confirmed, going around 16-6 on new maps, was quite cool with me and my dog running around :D

I was the same in the US, I'd either sneak a round of two in before work at 7am, or on my lunch break pop home and play 3-4 games, even though I worked in QA for a living hah. Good memories of MW2 and BLOPS1 of that, less so MW3.

I am betting Titanfall will be a good replacement for this feeling, and Killzone possibly too going by the latest videos. BF4 will be my gaming night squad up and play for hours FPS.

No worries at all :) The thing is I'll probably play this for around 40 - 50 hours and then completely forget about it :lol: The last COD game to really grab me was BLOPS 1 which I still play (Nuketown 24/7 servers ;) )Plus I've been spending most of my time on Extinction, that's made it worth the money for me alone. BF4 has my soul but the game is so fucked for me at the minute I can barely play it :( Must try it again later.

Im unsure if the vid has been posted but does anyone know the ending (or cutscene) is the same as a previous game. As in shot for shot, same animation, angle etc.

Shocking.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/06/is-this-call-of-duty-ghosts-cutscene-copied-from-modern-warfare-2?+main+twitter

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/270552-call-of-duty-g-g-g-ghosts/?p=9566801

bf4's been patched on pc mrwoo

Yep managed to play 4 rounds there of TDM without a hitch :D What really surprised me is how good TDM is in BF4. Never really liked in BF3 but it's brilliant here, and not a single killstreak in sight! What really stood out to me after playing Ghosts and BF4 very shortly after each other is how atmospheric BF4 is in its gameplay, levels and most importantly sound design. COD has sounded outdated for years but I was taken aback by how much. Doesn't mean I'll enjoy Ghosts any less but the difference was quite striking.

they didnt, next gen only

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-08-call-of-duty-ghosts-dedicated-servers-confirmed-for-all-platforms

thats what i remember reading all over the place, online so far has been stable for me, the hit detection seems decent. have come across a few laggy individuals but no laggy lobbies and noticed i can no longer see peoples connections on the screen so thought wow maybe it does really have dedicated servers, but when i was playing earlier and left i had host migration, so wanted to make sure.

after telling myself not to get it i thought alright it has dedicated servers so i'll give it a try, if it doesn't after all then i really wouldn't have bothered. :(

I just realized my biggest gripe with the MP, other than the hopeless maps, is the lack of bullet impact sounds. I have no idea if I'm hitting people, or even if I've killed them which results in a huge disconnect. And, yeah, I used to enjoy it's lack of realism and flashy shooting gallery-ness too..

Has it not got the usual hit markers and sounds? Seems pretty clear around 1:17 in this video:

No worries at all :) The thing is I'll probably play this for around 40 - 50 hours and then completely forget about it :lol: The last COD game to really grab me was BLOPS 1 which I still play (Nuketown 24/7 servers ;) )Plus I've been spending most of my time on Extinction, that's made it worth the money for me alone. BF4 has my soul but the game is so fucked for me at the minute I can barely play it :( Must try it again later.

Oh, you are one of them... I should have known :P I can't stand that map. For me COD is Overgrown (COD4?), that Jungle one from BLOPS1, and plenty from MW2.

I might put in MW1 and 2 soon, and see what types of games I can find (360).

Oh, you are one of them... I should have known :P I can't stand that map. For me COD is Overgrown (COD4?), that Jungle one from BLOPS1, and plenty from MW2.

I might put in MW1 and 2 soon, and see what types of games I can find (360).

I was joking :D I do admittedly play on them the odd time for a laugh but I prefer the standard maps with domination, ground war etc. Saying that my favourite mode was always the Pure mode but not a server in sight for that. I like all the maps on BLOPs but Summit is one of my favourite maps from the whole series. I can't really think of any map I truly hate in BLOPS tbh.

Summit was the one which came back out for BLOPS2 and was the mountain top army base with the computer room building with balconies etc? Love that map, still great in BLOPS2. Even if people hate me for flanking all the way to their spawn in Domination and seeing how long I last taking them out then :P

What is 'pure' mode? And on PC can you still find games for COD4, MW2, maybe even COD2? I'd be tempted to get a gaming PC if that was the case!

Summit was the one which came back out for BLOPS2 and was the mountain top army base with the computer room building with balconies etc? Love that map, still great in BLOPS2. Even if people hate me for flanking all the way to their spawn in Domination and seeing how long I last taking them out then :P

What is 'pure' mode? And on PC can you still find games for COD4, MW2, maybe even COD2? I'd be tempted to get a gaming PC if that was the case!

Pure was a barebones game type were you have your primary weapon, secondary weapon, lethal grenade and tactical grenade. That's it. No perks, no attachments, no killstreaks etc. It was as stripped down as you could get and I loved it. Unfortunately when I eventually got Black Ops on PC there were no Pure servers anymore. Mostly TDM and Domination.

As for the others COD4 is still going very strong on PC - that was back when they released server files to let people run their own servers without having to specifically rent from a company. MW2 I'm not sure about, it was when Infinity Ward did that IWNet instead of using servers and PC players did not like that one bit. COD2 is still popular as well, you can definitely still play that online as, again, that's when they let people run their own servers.

When you let people run their own servers you get mad shit like this :lol:

Me and the missus firmly agree that the maps ar elcackign in variety, they are all very samey. The game modes are lacking; where's hardpoint? Where's Demolition?

At the moment, Blops2 pisses on this

One thing I didn't realise is that when you unclock new character you reset to zero for that character. So you can make a load of spending mistakes with you intitial character Pinada , or what ever the fuck her name is and then the next character you buy can have all those mistakes eliminated; you also start with a default loadout that you choose for each chacratcer. That bit Iike.

Shame the maps suck though.