IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Broker

Are you confusing it with Final Fantasy: All the Bravest?

EDIT: Oh wow, just did a search and it seems you're right. Don't know how that passed me by. Though surely the best way to show them is to buy the game and refuse microtransactions?

Does it have something to do with how the parallax barrier works?

*something something* about the limitation of horizontal pixels each eye can view

Im probably doing this wrong

I think it's specific to this game. Either something they're attempting hasn't quite worked or there's some technical reason (perhaps the fancy lighting). It just looks a bit rough to me and lacking in style. Also it looks like they've zoomed in a bit for performance reasons.

I'm still getting it but I can understand why some are describing it as ugly.

Unless it looks like Killer Instinct, Americans aren't interested. Don't get me wrong I love the aesthetic and design of the new KI but it's that bombast and overly detailed/realistic look which Americans just want cookie cuttered up into everything. Style seems to be a complete mystery to them most times.

quit lumping all americans together. some of us actually have taste ;) (personally, I've never been taken in by the shiney, plastic look of killer instinct)

But will it bring back Tingle?! ;)

yes, but not in the way that you'd like.

tingle is the physical manifestation all of the messed up 30+ year old man-children who still live in their parent's basements here in the states. if you'd like, I'm sure that at least half of [normal] americans would be more than happy to send you some of the whack jobs that probably actually sport a green uni-tard 24/7 in real life ;)

I think it's specific to this game. Either something they're attempting hasn't quite worked or there's some technical reason (perhaps the fancy lighting). It just looks a bit rough to me and lacking in style. Also it looks like they've zoomed in a bit for performance reasons.

I'm still getting it but I can understand why some are describing it as ugly.

I like how theyre going back to the style of A Link to the Past, after two cel-shaded games on the DS. Maybe it can look a bit rough if youre used to the Wind Waker style?

I think it looks rough compared to the SNES game. Obviously it's 3D and there are ton of other advantages but I don't think they really recaptured the style all that well.

Anyway it doesn't matter and the game is obviously ace. And there are wobbly consoles to be angry* about elsewhere.

*not really angry.

If nothing else, the games supposedly has more than one reference to Majora's Mask :o

Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma has more than once been teasing the possibility of a 3DS remake of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask for some time. However, in the meantime, Aonuma and Zelda team have also dropped a few references to Majora’s Mask in the upcoming A Link Between Worlds.
The first is Majora’s mask itself, which is present in Ravio’s Item Shop in the game. Whether the mask plays a significant role in any manner remains to be seen.
Additionally, a second reference to Majora’s Mask was revealed by Nintendo today during the Nintendo Direct presentation. This comes in the form of a sidequest that involves a place known as the Korova Milk Bar, which was also a shop present in Majora’s Mask in East Clock Town.
Suspense!

Edge kinda likes it then >> http://www.edge-online.com/review/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-review/

Evolution rather then revolution ;)

Destructoid clearly doesn't:

CVG – 10 / 10
Destructoid – 6.5 / 10
DigitalSpy – 5 / 5
EDGE – 8 / 10
Eurogamer – 8 / 10
Game Informer – 10 / 10
GameSpot – 9 / 10
GamesRadar – 4.5 / 5
GameTrailers – 9.8 / 10
IGN – 9.4 / 10