The Titanfall Thread

Omizzay

Neogaf:

Just successfully did this from the UK. To get it to work via PayPal, what wasn't clear here, is that you need to do so from Xbox.com. And if you already have PayPal attached to your account, remove it first.

Steps:

- Remove PayPal from UK account [i alternatively set up a second US sub account but others say you don't actually need to do remove Paypal from your UK account]

- Switch location in system settings on XB1 - restart

- Set billing address on XB1 - I used the Oregon Uni

- Set phone - I used my mobile, dropping the 0 to get 10 digits

- Goto Xbox.com (I made sure to goto /en-US rather an en-gb/). [100% essential]

- Goto Account, Payment & Billing, Add Paypal (it's not immediately obvious and I ended up on Support pages for adding Paypal initially, but hunt, it is in there)

- Enter Paypal Details

- Go back to XB1, check your payment details, paypal will now be there.

You can purchase games and DLC. DLC from US works with UK disc, at least the Caterham did for Forza 5, which was my test ahead of Titanfall.

Switch back to UK location and restart if you want to have EU servers. I'll change back after Titanfall purchase on Tuesday.

Hope that helps.

I've got my US downloads by using this guide http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2187594 a few posts down the page by JayBeeM. I've never touched the region on my console. Used my normal paypal with my UK address. As soon as I've bought the games on the web they appear as ready to install in the UK bone store. I suppose Titanfall won't appear till the UK release date though!

Review spoilers, hoping the 360 experience lives up to the XB1 version.

Polygon – 9/10
Videogamer – 8/10
Xbox Achievements – 90/100
NowGamer – 9/10
CVG – 9/10
Gamespot – 9/10
Joystiq – 4.5/5

If I set my bone download off at 7am tomorrow morning then turn the Xbone off and go to work, I presume it will continue to download for me?

(I have the low power setting ON)

Yeah - low power mode is ace coming home to find that massive DR3 patch had taken care of itself was a revelation !

Got mine from cdkeys.com too, ready for pre-load :)

Same here, can't wait :) Another thumbs up for cdkeys.com

Thanks, ordered through them and got the key within 2 minutes. Friday booked off work, can't wait!