IGNORED

The Titanfall Thread

Omizzay

So it's probably been said before but this is fucking superb. Spent most of the afternoon rattling my way up to rank 11 and enjoyed every single game. Buddied with a mate and the times when we were able to work together produced some outstanding results. I don't think I will ever tire of watching and listening to my Titanfall when it is activated :) I was already in for day one but playing the BETA has now got me ridiculously excited for the full game.

Had a fantastic time with this today, the highlight being the moment I wrenched the pilot out of the enemy titan and threw him. And riding round on the top of a team mates titan was ace.

It really is thrilling and makes you realise that shooters dont have to be the same thing every year with a few new guns and maps.

For those on pc having connection and server problems press x and change to North Europe, its default West and just loops with no joy.

Looks pretty ropey on PC (60fps or higher I'm sure, but are these really the highest quality textures?)

But whoa. If I hadn't a whole load of white goods to buy, I'm pretty sure I'd be thinking much more seriously about buying an Xbone for this after just two games.

There seem to be a few weapons that aren't unlocks in the beta, but are available through Burn Cards - I got access to a pretty meaty LMG and that Anti-Titan Magnetic Grenade Launcher so far. Jeff Gerstmann said he got the Stryder/Stryker light Titan available through one, but I haven't seen that. I've got to wonder if some of the other cards are similar previews of perks/powers in the full game - I had one that highlighted enemies through walls in a sort of radar sweep.

immense fun this, definitely going to be picking it up when its released. had so many cool moments already and decided to upload the winning fatal blow after taking out a titan an enemy rat tried to escape, but his ship exploded and i punched his guts out, he had wound me up a few times in the game so was delighted to turn him into a puff of red mush. not even my favourite moment but i liked it for revenge

TITAN PUNCH!

It's fantastic. Invited a mate into my party and before we knew it 3 hours had passed. It's just really fucking fun and some of the situations you can find yourself in are intense/hilarious.

One instance where I was playing hide and seek with an enemy titan whilst I was ducking and diving on foot, between buildings etc and just trying to survive. So my titans ready and I call it in but as I'm just about to get killed my titan lands right beside with the shield around it protecting me. I get in, shoot the dying titan with my chain gun and then grab the pilot from his cockpit and send him flying. A real huge rush in a combat situation that could have gone the wrong way for me :lol:

So yeah, played 3 games of this on PC so far, uite enjoying it, although as a pilot I have to state that the shotguns seems worthless in the wide open areas of the map. Stomping around in a Titan is great and I love the mobility. Might have to convince my mates to get it.

This is great.

The one life/kill titan game type is brilliant. So many tactical options.

Far more depth than you'd think. Once people have has chance to coordinate and strategise, I think it might be the hardest fought game type.

Brillo.

Yup. Surprising amount of tactics you can use, especially in Last Titan Standing. Had some great games with Wahwah & friends, I was sceptical at first about how much I'd actually enjoy the game or how quickly I'd get tired of it. But with each round it just got more and more fun.

Graphics aren't amazing, but I've not had any noticeable tearing or any noticeable framerate drops. Seems to run pretty smooth even when all hell is breaking loose with rockets and explosions everywhere on screen.

This is fucking awesome. It has the moment-to-moment tactical gunplay (and precise map design) of CoD4 (which was lost in the later entries), but the pace is SO FAST, it's like Quake 3. ALSO MECHS. They really have the powerful/vulnerable feeling just right with those - you know you can win in a 1 vs 2 titan battle if you are careful and tactical, but you can't take that much punishment.

This all really reminds me of the revelatory times I had playing the CoD4 beta back in the day.

I'm playing on my laptop (which is old but runs it tolerably). I would consider getting an Xbone for this, though.

now an open beta on xbox one

The Titanfall Beta is now open for download for EVERYONE on the Xbox One! Jump online and download Now! #Titanfall

We expect to experience server issues as we reach server capacity. Thank you for being understanding, prepping for launch & squashing bugs!

I don't think they have jetpacks, or if they do they don't run around leaping all over the place like players do. You can tell them apart pretty easily - if not in the those ways, they have a standard appearance, either a generic soldier or robot (SPECTRES), they have standard names over their heads, and they tend to congregate in certain parts of the map, getting dropped off by dropships or drop pods and then fighting pitched battles against other AI in the streets.