The Titanfall Thread

Omizzay

Don't get me wrong. I'm still really excited to try it out (360 version). But it just doesn't seem like the second FPS coming like it was hyped up to be. And it doesn't look like it will make me buy an XBone right now to play the best version of it. It looks like I can wait for Titanfall 2 for the PS4, which is probably when they scrap the AI grunts and make it human players only.

To me it does look like the second coming... of CoD. If I wanted to play a fast-paced shooter Titanfall is a natural successor, maintaining the core appeal of the former — fluidity, immediacy and positive feedback — whilst layering on more interesting mobility, an aesthetic I prefer and asymmetrical combat situations.

It's not a system seller for me, but I tend to think that's too much weight to put on any game. I'd certainly pick it up if it was releasing on PS4; I have a decent PC, just not really into competitive shooters on the platform.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still really excited to try it out (360 version). But it just doesn't seem like the second FPS coming like it was hyped up to be. And it doesn't look like it will make me buy an XBone right now to play the best version of it. It looks like I can wait for Titanfall 2 for the PS4, which is probably when they scrap the AI grunts and make it human players only.

I haven't played it, but it sounds like the AI grunts are deliberately not meant to be a challenge at all and you're just meant to farm them while keeping your eyes open for human players, as if you're playing a MOBA. Instead of constantly trying to beat human players it looks like the real challenge is going to be avoiding complancency while using the grunts to speed up your titanfall.

It sounds like a very different sort of FPS, which is reasonably exciting

Would be good if they added Titan-destructible scenery to some extent. A couple of these Youtubers have mentioned that it's the main reason the default (Atlas) titan feels a bit nerfed and underpowered - pilots just hide inside flimsy buildings and are invulnerable to the massive walking tanks. Perhaps the more juggernauty of the three titans will have some stuff that can kill through walls...

You can't really camp in this - it's too fast paced and the enemy can come from any angle. The sniper rifle is particularly hard to use as targets are moving so fast in different directions.

The beta on PC is a bit Quake 3. It's mad quick and the definition of a twitch shooter.

The grunts are very MOBA like. They are just clueless cannon fodder. Then again you are never more than seconds away from having something to shoot.

ON THE LAST PAGE GODZOOKI WAS DECRYING PEOPLE CRITICISING A GAME THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED BUT ON THIS PAGE HE'S EXCITED ABOUT A GAME HE HASN'T PLAYED.

It's both ironic and hypocritical you dense motherfucker.

Fucking hell, I possed this then realised GODZOOKI is that stupid baby dragon loon that's going to batter Angel for not liking stuff.

OH GOD, I'M GOING TO PUNCH MY OWN FUCKING FACE IN

I just watched a stream for maybe 30 minutes and after 4 matches (winning each one) the player had on average.. 5 or 6 player kills (nobody ever went higher than 9 and she had 4 twice), and 20-25 grunt kills. Are people really ok with just spending most of your time farming dumb as hell AI to get a titan, just so you can kill the same dumb AI but a bit faster? I genuinely don't understand it.

Xbox One *and* PC, actually.

Have Respawn said anything about using the same controversial low-res textures from an alpha version a while back btw? Looking at high-res screenshots form the beta (7680x1440 screenshots here), it all still looks a bit... last-gen? Says nothing about the gameplay or fun of course, but at least the PC version looks like an upscaled 360 game.

I woke up with a Beta code, used the code on my xbox and it said I'd been accepted onto the Beta.... It's then supposed to then download automatically. It hasn't, don't know what to do now...

EDIT: Oh it was downloading in the background... I'm in :)