IGNORED

GamesTM issue 134

merman

Out Thursday 11th April

COVER & WORLD EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW - ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG

The historical context revealed, the new combat system and the evolution of naval combat - the most stunning revision of the formula to date

FEATURES

Shadows in the Dark - Thief returns for a new generation

Telltale Games: An Episodic Success - visiting the developer of The Waking Dead

Uncharted Territory - Naughty Dog's stunning PS3 swansong The Last Of Us

25 Important Imports That Never Made It To Europe

REVIEWS

BioShock Infinite

Gears of War: Judgement

LEGO City: Undercover

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

SimCity

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

WRC Powerslide

Year Walk

Atelier Aleysha: The Alchemist of Dusk

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Harken

Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien

The Banner Saga: Factions

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+

Beastie Bay

Badland

HarmoKnight

Darkstalkers Resurrection

Kentucky Route Zero: Act 1

Real Racing 3

PREVIEWS

Watch Dogs

The Witcher 3: Wild Hubt

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Saints Row IV

Killzone: Mercenary

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Pikmin 3

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

RETRO

Behind the Scenes: The I-War series - Particle Systems' seminal sci-fi adventures

Best Boss: Dark Gaia, Illusion of Time (SNES)

Conversion Catastrophe - Super Kick Off (GameBoy)

Game Changer: Super Mario 64 - a new series looking at games that redefined the medium

Collector's Corner - Galaga 2 (Game Gear)

Retro Guide to Tomb Raider - from Saturn to reboot

DISCUSS/FAVOURITES/MMO WORLDS

The Truth about PS4 - the specs, the new announcements and Johnathan Blow's The Witness

Will Wright: Building a Career - what next for the man who loved to build things?

Columns - Ryan King on buying your way to FPS success, and Gray Nicholson's frustration with the next gen

The Big Picture - has EA killed Dead Space?

Reader Reaction - what the readers think of SimCity and its always online requirement

Essentials - the top 10 PS3 games to play before PS4 arrives

The Vault - merch, T-shirts and a tomahawk

MMO Worlds - pirates in a browser with Kartuga, the explosive Bombermine and Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street of Blizzard interviewed

That Real Racing review, the words are so out of tune with the score that I think it must be a misprint. The review is absolutely scathing and then up pops an 8/10. The review on the same page is also an 8/10 so I think there's been a balls up.

The Lego review is stupid. Moans that the game is let down by no licence and no multiplayer.

Bioshock Infinite - 10/10

I guess simple things like pressing X on everything and shooting dudes in the face are still the best things in gaming.

I went looking for a good story in Bioshock Infinite. Fortunately I found it a couple of days later in Tomb Raider.

Don't these people understand that it does have a license... It's the Lego City brand! What a load of shite

LOL, yeah. Everything needs a minimum of TWO licenses now.

Mario.. not enough.. Mario and Sonic! STILL NOT ENOUGH! Mario and Sonic at the Olympics! BLAM!

Roll on Lego Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, then we're cooking.

REVIEWS

BioShock Infinite

Gears of War: Judgement

LEGO City: Undercover

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

SimCity

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

WRC Powerslide

Year Walk

Atelier Aleysha: The Alchemist of Dusk

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Harken

Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien

The Banner Saga: Factions

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+

Beastie Bay

Badland

HarmoKnight

Darkstalkers Resurrection

Kentucky Route Zero: Act 1

Real Racing 3

Don't start mag threads if you're not going to include scores, you dolt.

I guess simple things like pressing X on everything and shooting dudes in the face are still the best things in gaming.

I went looking for a good story in Bioshock Infinite. Fortunately I found it a couple of days later in Tomb Raider.

Ahaha, oh wow. Now I've heard it all.

Fucking lol dude. I'm only about half way through shock and this comment makes my head melt.

FEATURES

Telltale Games: An Episodic Success - visiting the developer of The Waking Dead

Would be interested in anyone that has ready this article, to see if their are any spoilers for the game. I'm up to episode three, would like to read this article on Telltale but not if it ruins anything further along in the game.

Don't start mag threads if you're not going to include scores, you dolt.

I don't put the scores up until after the mag hits the shops, you jerk. The thread is intended as a preview of what's in there.

Would be interested in anyone that has ready this article, to see if their are any spoilers for the game. I'm up to episode three, would like to read this article on Telltale but not if it ruins anything further along in the game.

One very mild spoiler about a character for episode four.

That Real Racing review, the words are so out of tune with the score that I think it must be a misprint. The review is absolutely scathing and then up pops an 8/10. The review on the same page is also an 8/10 so I think there's been a balls up.

The Lego review is stupid. Moans that the game is let down by no licence and no multiplayer.

I think it does lose out. I still maintain that 6 is a perfectly good score for a good game. But then, I would say that :P

The Real Racing score should be 3, not 8.

Exactly, Its little more than a roller coaster ride.

I get the feeling games reviewers in magazines are little more than frustrated journo's who aren't doing their first choice job.

RR3 is pretty good, actually. Ive only played with all driving assists on, but the whole package is quite impressive in terms of presentation and production values. Its the first game Ive played on my phone where its clear that the traditional consoles may be in for a seriously rough ride in the next few years if these kinds of games gain traction on the mobile devices.

I dont mind the draconian IAPs, for the time being. I just quit out and play something else while waiting for the repairs and upgrades to be done with. This may change, though - I dont know how the IAP works the further you get into the game.

It has good gfx but suffers the same fate as any/all racing games of being unplayable with on screen buttons needed for such minor things as accelerating and brakes.

Maybe they reviewed it as a tech demo rather than the game, only explanation really.