Batman Arkham Origins

Nvidia presentation of Batman origins (possible spoilers):

Key points taken from presentation (possible spoilers)

Batman: Arkham Origins

GAME

- City around twice the size of Arkham City. Two major parts connected by the bridge.

- Call in Batwing to automatically take you to the Batcave, as well as fast travel across the map.

- Interact with the Batcave: speak to Alfred, use workbench to collect gadgets, find Easter Eggs.

- Batcave has a "training gym". Aimed at showcasing the combat system to players who didn't fully appreciate it in previous Batman games. Lets you compete in challenges, rewarding with XP to upgrade Batman.

- Cops an enemy along with thugs.

- Encounter grading (eg: A = Legendary Vigilante).

- "When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail" analogy used to describe Batman's aggression in Origins.

- Barbara Gordon plays an important role in the plot.

NVIDIA TECH

- Deformable snow, as you move through it (eg: footprints, rolls). Depth of imprints different based on where snow has fallen.

- Particle physics for falling snow.

- Lots of tech put into physics, tessellation, and lighting on the cape.

- Turbulence from punches, and motion of the cape, shapes the motion of particle physics (eg: snow and smoke).

Man that looks great. Those environmental moves look fantastic.

Nvidia presentation of Batman origins (possible spoilers):

Key points taken from presentation (possible spoilers)

How do people keep a straight face listening to this sort of shit? And do they pick people with annoying voices on purpose to do the OTT explainations?

Tesco emailed me to say the delivery date will be the 25th, so you should be ok!

Have never ordered from Tesco before I tend to stick to Amazon/ShopTo hoping it arrives on launch so I can play Friday evening :)

It's a shame there's no next-gen version. My PS3 recently died & I thought about upgrading my order, but upon finding out there's no PS4 version I decided to cancel my PS4 order & get a new PS3 instead.

If only the PS4 had had Backward Compatibility eh? Though I fully understand why it doesn't. I think i'll get more enjoyment out of this than the PS4 launch lineup anyway, seeing as Watchdogs has been delayed & I dislike FPS's.

Possible, but crazy to put out a video encoded so badly in that case. I doubt it is anyway, because the framerate isn't consistent as it would be with an encoding problem. It looks fluid at some points, espcially during the pre-rendered fmv, and grinds to a halt in comabt scenes and such. Weird.