Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

I've never seen a TV series before with Joss Whedons name attached to it. On this evidence I'll avoid everything he has ever worked on.

Even though this has very little to do with Joss Whedon? I'm pretty sure he'll be too busy working on Avengers 2 to spend time on a little TV show. Outside of the pilot I very much doubt he has much input at all.

It would be like blaming JJ Abrams for the ending to LOST.

Even though this has very little to do with Joss Whedon? I'm pretty sure he'll be too busy working on Avengers 2 to spend time on a little TV show. Outside of the pilot I very much doubt he has much input at all.

It would be like blaming JJ Abrams for the ending to LOST.

In fairness I think it's reasonable to blame JJ Abrams for everything.

The last of which was Dollhouse and this seems to be its equal quality wise.

Dollhouse was excellent once it settled itself down from the character of the week formula into an arc.

FWIW this has been a lot better than the first few episodes of Dollhouse - and I ended up loving that show.

It has a lot of potential and currently its still a diverting 45 mins

Ugh.. didn't like ep5 much at all.. annoying boyfriend hacktivist, instant heel turn victim->bad guy.. predictable 'secret' for Skye.. Meh..

On the plus side.. Coulson and May battling through the building wasn't half Avengers-esque (and NOT the Marvel ones either) - she was even in a catsuit.. Coulson just needed a bowler hat and an umbrella!

There is no episode in the US this week because there is something else on this week. The baseball World Series I think. That's why the teaser at the end of the last episode for the next one said "In two weeks time" or something.

edit' just to clarify, I don't mean the World Series is on ABC so they can't show it, since obviously they are showing a repeat instead. I mean they don't usually broadcast new episodes of programs (which might have a similar audience) opposite major things like the World Series or the Superbowl. The next one does look interesting though, unfortunately it seems a bit soon to expect they might kill one of them off but who knows.

They don't normally show a new episode of a competing (for attention/audience) program DURING the World Series if they can avoid it. They have to take breaks anyway and if the series overlaps, they often use it to take a week out. They do know when the World Series will be held and the period it could possibly last, so they just take the week out then (though I believe not nearly as many people are watching it these days).

I've only watched the first episode so far and I was pretty unimpressed. Is there evidence of a strong series arc or layering of a complex story to impel me to watch further, or is it monster of the week so far? And are there enough obscure comics references and in-jokes to make it worth Marvel fans' while? A nod to the Avengers movie doesn't really count.