Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Or it's actually a scathing satire of incompetent over-budgeted intelligence services. In the space of two episodes Coulson has allowed a potential enemy combatant to have unsupervised access to a senior agent dosed up on truth serum and let a platoon of foreign soldiers have free-run of his super secret spy plane. The final episode is going to be like Seinfeld's with flashbacks to all the stupid stuff they did, except instead of a small town courtroom it'll be a Congressional Hearing. Last shot is the team all sat in a cell at their new home of Guantanamo Bay.

Hmm that one (episode 3) was better. It still wasn't good, but it was the best episode so far albeit in the way that Albert Speer is the best Nazi minister so far. It at least seemed to be more Marvelish and not every character made me want to claw my eyes out. They kind of got it up to near the level of one of those shows that comes from the USA Network and also had an actual comic booky feel to parts, while also setting up something better. If they could have taken out a lot of the shitty stuff like the dreadfully clunky backstory chat from Whitebread McBland and Sarkyface Flickylash it would have made a better first episode than the one they went with.

Ironic this seems to be almost nowt to do with Joss (bar the name) and is mostly credited to his brother Jed.

Xander: You know what? 'Nuff said. Forget it. It must've been my multiple-personality guy talking. I call him Idiot Jed, glutton for punishment

Albert Speer is the best Nazi minister so far.

Oh shit, are there still more Nazi ministers to come?

Anyway, what was up with Malta in this episode? They kept going on about it like it's some kind of libertarian dreamland. I mean it's arguably a bit of a tax haven, but they're in the fucking EU! Suffice to say, you probably can't get away with building sci-fi fantasy super weapons there.

Ironic this seems to be almost nowt to do with Joss (bar the name) and is mostly credited to his brother Jed.

Barely connected, but a fun fact: The guy who plays Xander has an identical twin, who occasionally filled in while Xander was off being an alcoholic ill. In the episode where Xander gets split in half, his twin plays the other half.

The best thing about this is Agent Boobs. Only managed to watch episode 2 earlier, god it really was awful. I didn't think it was going to be that bad :(

My mate commented that the reason it was bad was because having Samuel Jackson in it probably took up all the budget for that episode :lol:

I watched ep 2 and 3 last night. No more for me. I've had my fill. Agent Boobs is very Jewel Staite, and yeah, the best thing in it. The nerd hackers are insufferable, the FBI guy dull. The ninja lady is kinda cool. It has had a few funny lines, but it's messing with the high quality I expect from Avengers cannon in my head, so I'm stopping watching. It's quite poor really.

I actually really enjoyed the gravity scientist character, he was something a lot more interesting than you normally get in SF, and it felt like a genuine moral dilemma that the protagonists were on the wrong side of without being contrived. More of that please.

They really needed to have some guards on the other side of that fence.

I actually really enjoyed the gravity scientist character, he was something a lot more interesting than you normally get in SF, and it felt like a genuine moral dilemma that the protagonists were on the wrong side of without being contrived. More of that please.

That was pretty good, but at the same time that guy was hardly in it. It's a weird programme MAoS, the stories seem quite imaginative and well-constructed, but at the same time 70% of every episode is just taken up with tedious bantering between the various non-entity regular characters.

I had such high hopes :(

I didn't think the second episode was awful but it certainly didn't have many redeeming qualities. Still haven't watched the third. I find it hard to be bothered.

What the show needs is to put these boring twats in situations they really can't handle, not just situations that make them banter 'amusingly'. Basically, they need to darken SHIELD the fuck up. Dollhouse was only bearable when they really played up to how evil Rossum was. That's what SHIELD should be here.

Now that the initial stupor of what this show turned out to be is over, I don't know where I fall on whether:

Coulson: How's his typing?

MacGuffin: Clumsy. Makes a lot of mistakes.

Coulson: Thick fingers. Maybe heavy-set.

MacGuffin: I forgot how good you are.

is :facepalm: or :lol:

What are they going for? I can sort of laugh with it in a cheese-ball MacGyver sort of way.