Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

I think the one thing it is missing at the moment is a strong theme tune.

They should use the end credits from Iron Man three as the beginning credits for this.

As for the show itself, it's missing something. Be that engaging characters or something else I'm not sure, but it definitely seemed a bit weak. Even for a TV show.

They should use the end credits from Iron Man three as the beginning credits for this.

As for the show itself, it's missing something. Be that engaging characters or something else I'm not sure, but it definitely seemed a bit weak. Even for a TV show.

I have to agree. I've seen the first episode twice now and will probably watch it again to show it to my wife but it doesn't properly hang together. It does remind me of The Avengers but it reminds me mostly of the first ten minutes when I was thinking "Oh shit, it does look like a TV show, they fucked up". It also didn't strike me as funny as it thought it was either. Hopefully it improves.

It could have been cool - but the level of bullshit was phenomenal! And the quips! The Whedonisms... Some were genuinely funny but 80% of them needed to be removed.

I dunno, it's just too damn smug! Every-time they talk it's like a fart comes out and they're incredibly proud of it. The concept is sound but the characters don't feel like people and when they talk it's always a joke presenting a plot device. The only person you could relate to was the super hero dude - but that was *obviously* his job. Black single father who's having trouble finding work - I mean fucking hell why didn't they just put a tag above him that said "HE'S RELATABLE!".

As with Dr Who I'll probably end up accepting the hammy scripts for the fantastical stories - but I'm sad it had to be like that when it could have been so much better.

Episode 2 -

That was 30 really dreadful minutes with 5 decent minutes scattered here and there. If it is going to keep on like this, it is going to be hard to watch.

Can they kill the tech pair already? They are acting like they are on CBeebies.

Almost every single moment when a team member spoke to another was physically painful.

It's a reveal on a flying car - how else would they do it?

How they did it is clearly the only way to do it.

Bit weak again. I find the two tech kids as grating as characters in anime shouting GOMENASAI >_< with big exaggerated tears coming out.

Thor 2 looks good, mind.

That scene where World's Least Convincing Hacker and Secret Agent Plank were having a conversation was nearly Star Wars prequels 'From my point of view the Jedi are evil!' levels of horrendous on-the-nose dialogue, I take it Joss wasn't on scripting duties this week.

Also the terrible OMG no country should ever have it, we must fire it into the sun, super-weapon was a bit shit. It, erm, blew a not terribly large hole in the side of a plane. I'm pretty sure you could get the same level of destruction with a plain old grenade.

What a shit show. So much potential and yet they managed to completely fuck it up in the worst way possible. The setting is already established and beloved thanks to a bunch of very successful movies. Only thing they needed to do was come up with a few interesting characters to run about in the same setting. As a bonus throw in references to the movies on a regular basis and you could have a potentially great show, but in its current form those references to the movies are the only thing remotely enjoyable about Agents of Shield. Three incredibly annoying techy types combine with two fantastically boring fighty types to form the most amazingly shite team ever seen in the Marvel universe. It's uncanny how bad it all is. This could have been a great way to fill the time between the big movies but all it manages to do now is damage the reputation of those movies by association.

Had a huge drop in viewership, or around 35% for the second episode. A drop after the massive pilot numbers was inevitable (unless you're The Walking Dead, where the worse it gets, the more people seem to watch it), but I don't think people were expecting quite as large a decrease as that.

This has just got me excited for season 4 of Warehouse 13 to come out on DVD this month*Go watch that instead. It's the same thing but only one or two of them are annoying.

*well, excited for it being put onto Netflix.

Any hot new thing's going to look terrible after Breaking Bad. This isn't the panacea I was hoping for. I'm hoping it goes the way of worse to better (Supernatural) than the other way (Heroes, Battlestar Galactica, Lost, Walking Dead, etc., etc.)

Sleepy Hollow premiered one week earlier and I've been very impressed so far. They're both essentially monster of the week shows, but Sleepy Hollow manages to be fun yet earnest with impressive production value, while SHIELD feels like it belongs on Saturday mornings before Live and Kicking.

I'm going to keep watching because I don't value my time, but I don't have to like it!

Gosh you are a miserable lot sometimes

Its throw away fun and its going to take time for the characters to develop (anyone watched season 1 of Buffy recently - I rest my case) - I've enjoyed both episodes - more Whedon is probably needed though

Buffy S1 wouldn't last five minutes these days, never mind get a second season.

It's maybe not aimed at us, or maybe people are expecting it to be something it's not.

I see it as a modern day A-Team and Knight Rider equivalent, because my kids love it and there's a lot of playground chat about it.

It's throwaway fun. What's wrong with that?