Sign in to follow this  
Madjock

ArcadeCraft

Not seen a topic on this, thought I would post my impressions since it has stolen a good few hours from me.

Arcadecraft

Xbox Live Indie

240points

Fun little management game, think Theme Hospital in an Arcade. Quite limited in scope, you start with a $13,500,000 loan which has to be paid back in two years of the game (about an hour). The first time I played I was a bit reserved with my money and therefore didn't make much of a profit, was forced to sell all my machines and ended up with an empty room.

Restarting, I went hell for leather to spend as much as I could and ended up doing so much better. Now it's 1983 and I have maxed out my arcade with 30 machines, trying to made the decision on which to sell and what to keep.

For the price, it's quite fun. Basically becomes a rush around the machines, emptying coin drawers, fixing machine and tinkering with prices and difficulty settings.

screen4.jpg

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Arcadecraft/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550c9b

It's really good, but it gets to a point too quickly where you end up with way too much money and there's no more challenge to it. It's certainly fun while it lasts, particularly if you try and plan your arcade around the popular games of the time.

t's really good, but it gets to a point too quickly where you end up with way too much money and there's no more challenge to it. It's certainly fun while it lasts, particularly if you try and plan your arcade around the popular games of the time.

Yep that's where I am now, money has poured in, can buy any new cabinet that is released but cannot use the remaining floor space as I'm limited to 30 machines. It's now a case of selling older machines whilst trying to figure out what will be a good classic worth keeping.

I found their Roadmap and they plan to continue adding to the game, shall see what materialises.

Picked this up the other day, but haven't tried it yet. It's hit the magic price point of 80msp.

Highly recommended for that price, even if you only play through it once or twice.

Yeah it does get a little easy, but it's very enjoyable and obviously lovingly put together.

The cabinets are actually really nicely designed and I do like some of the not so-subtle clones of real games

Space Rocks

Protectian

Qualify Lap

Gorilla

Lunar Crescent

Angry Star

or the randomness of stuff like Cheese Police!