rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
joeplus

2013 B-League

Player list

rllmuk name - gamertag (general availability)

joeplus - joeplus2pi - (7-8pm best on weekdays, but later OK too)

cale - Cales Moog ("most evenings except Thursday. Can't really play any later than 10.30 either or I'll fall asleep on the stick")

Qazimod - qazimod ("weekday evenings are probably best")

geldra - geldra

Camel - JaySab

IgTerminals - IgTerminals

lewismistreated - lewismistreated ("I live in the US. This puts me six hours behind the rest of you, so really I'm going to have to play you at evening-time in the UK (so it'd be afternoonish for me)")

Uzi - Uzion

Plopboy - Plopboy ("most evenings between 8 and 11")

andygt - G360UK

nuskool - scott nuskool

strawdonkey - strawd0nkey

Fixture list

Please try to get earlier matches finished ASAP)

ROUND 1 (1st April - 7th April)

strawdonkey 3-0 Qazimod

Camel 3-0 Plopboy

geldra 0-3 IgTerminals

Uzi 3-0 lewismistreated

nuskool 1-3 andygt

joeplus 3-0 cale

ROUND 2 (1st April - 7th April)

Plopboy 0-3 strawdonkey

IgTerminals 3-0 Qazimod

lewismistreated 0-3 Camel

andygt v geldra

cale 2-3 Uzi

joeplus 3-2 nuskool

ROUND 3 (8th April - 14th April)

strawdonkey v IgTerminals

Plopboy 0-3 lewismistreated

Qazimod 0-3 andygt

Camel 2-3 cale

geldra 0-3 joeplus

Uzi 2-3 nuskool

ROUND 4 (8th April - 14th April)

lewismistreated v strawdonkey

andygt 0-3 IgTerminals

cale 3-2 Plopboy

joeplus 3-0 Qazimod

nuskool 1-3 Camel

Uzi 3-0 geldra

ROUND 5 (15th April - 21st April)

strawdonkey 3-1 andygt

lewismistreated 3-2 cale

IgTerminals 3-2 joeplus

Plopboy 0-3 nuskool

Qazimod 0-3 Uzi

Camel 3-0 geldra

ROUND 6 (15th April - 21st April)

cale v strawdonkey

joeplus 1-3 andygt

nuskool 3-2 lewismistreated

Uzi 3-2 IgTerminals

geldra 3-1 Plopboy

Camel 3-0 Qazimod

ROUND 7 (22nd April - 28th April)

strawdonkey 1-3 joeplus

cale 0-3 nuskool

andygt 3-2 Uzi

lewismistreated 3-0 geldra

IgTerminals 0-3 Camel

Plopboy 2-3 Qazimod

ROUND 8 (22nd April - 28th April)

nuskool v strawdonkey

Uzi 3-0 joeplus

geldra 2-3 cale

Camel 3-0 andygt

Qazimod v lewismistreated

Plopboy 0-3 IgTerminals

ROUND 9 (6th May - 12th May)

strawdonkey 0-3 Uzi

nuskool v geldra

joeplus 0-3 Camel

cale 3-1 Qazimod

andygt v Plopboy

lewismistreated 0-3 IgTerminals

ROUND 10 (6th May - 12th May)

geldra v strawdonkey

Camel 2-3 Uzi

Qazimod 1-3 nuskool

Plopboy 0-3 joeplus

IgTerminals 1-3 cale

lewismistreated v andygt

ROUND 11 (13th May - 19th May)

strawdonkey 0-3 Camel

geldra v Qazimod

Uzi 3-0 Plopboy

nuskool v IgTerminals

joeplus v lewismistreated

cale v andygt

THAT'S ALL FOLKS

To make this easier to finish, runbacks will be discounted. Apologies to all those who went ahead and got started anyway. I'll re-jig deadlines for earlier matches and we'll try to finish in the next month or so.

• Upvote 6

Joe! Uzi! When are you gents around? I can be around most evenings except Thursday. Can't really play any later than 10.30 either or I'll fall asleep on the stick.

Let me know so I can warn off the lady.

E: just re-read the rules and I should've done this by PM. But those days and times are pretty much right for the whole season.

Let's go donk! :D Er, not right now of course.

Like joe, weekday evenings are probably best for me; weekends aren't impossible, but they can be unpredictable in terms of me being free (hoho) for matches...

Let's DO THIS.

I live in the US. This puts me six hours behind the rest of you, so really I'm going to have to play you at evening-time in the UK (so it'd be afternoonish for me).

Uzi - either Saturday or Sunday this weekend?

joeplus 3-0 cale

And we're off! Must say, I'm quite happy with that. Thought it might be a Rose mirror, which I've fared badly in before, but in the end it was Ken. With my tarty red dress and cale's cowboy outfit, this was a dangerously sexy match. I managed to stay calm and remember to anti-air, which is often my downfall. I won't spoil cale's counterpick for the last match, I hope you catch some people out with that.

Also some fun warm-downs afterwards. Look forward to the runback!

Let's DO THIS.

I live in the US. This puts me six hours behind the rest of you, so really I'm going to have to play you at evening-time in the UK (so it'd be afternoonish for me).

Uzi - either Saturday or Sunday this weekend?

Saturday/Sunday should be fine, just let me know a suitable time via PM dude

joeplus 3-0 cale

And we're off! Must say, I'm quite happy with that. Thought it might be a Rose mirror, which I've fared badly in before, but in the end it was Ken. With my tarty red dress and cale's cowboy outfit, this was a dangerously sexy match. I managed to stay calm and remember to anti-air, which is often my downfall. I won't spoil cale's counterpick for the last match, I hope you catch some people out with that.

Also some fun warm-downs afterwards. Look forward to the runback!

Yeah, I got battered. No coherent plan, rusty as all hell and up against some proper solid play. The fact I went with Ken was testimony to how out of touch I am these days - he's never been a main in all the years I have played this game. And you give me more credit than I deserve by calling my final desperate roll of the dice a counter pick!

It can only get better from here and all being well regular league play will start to knock some of the rust off.

As for not going with Rose, she always seems too mainy to bust out in these sorts of situations and what with it being a mirror too I just thought it'd come across all dickish. I might have to think again if I keep getting my arse handed to me in all these matches though!

uzi 2-1 cale

All of them were Ryu © v Honda (U). I was expecting Rose so the Ryu was both a pleasant and nasty surprise since I know the match up to some degree (Rose is less familiar) but also I struggle against him as he has some great tools to keep Honda out.

Cale won the first game nicely, though it had some close moments. I believe all the matches went to three rounds and some of them were unbelievably close, and Cale had at least one amazing clutch round win.

In the end, Honda's brute force rather than any show of skill just took a bit more damage. Not a well deserved win, but I'll take it.

Oh doh! Well we continued playing and Cale chose Abel next game and I continued with Honda and won that game too? If it counts? I'm not sure if it was intended as a casual or not as we didn't have mics on.

I don't think I've ever used this smiley before, so let me enjoy it:

:quote: !

Understandable though, I think previous leagues used that system. We should probably call that a 3-1 to keep things moving if cale doesn't object. Also I am now fearful of you Uzi because I am free to Honda.

Yes. Actually cale did send me a message after our ryu games saying well played so he was under the same impression as me. I'm happy to replay as it was close if cale wants. Ggs either way!

Also joe you have nothing to worry about and sorry again lol

Yeah, I totally got it wrong too and, as Uzi said, I sent him a well done message. I knew the league was FT3 but I had a brain fart and just got it wrong after it was 2-1 to Uzi.

Also, re: a replay. I don't think it'll be fair to replay the whole thing. I'm happy to take a 3-2 defeat as the matches were proper close!

joeplus 3-2 nuskool

Well, that was intense. Had to fight back from 2-0 down, couldn't find a way in at all for the first two games. Mr nuskool was on point with footsies and anti-air shoryus throughout, and almost every round was incredibly close. The very end was insane. Tried to chip him out with EX spark but mistimed it, ate a wake-up Ultra for it, but was still alive and managed to EX soul throw for the win when he came blazing in to finish me off.

Don't think I've ever felt that tense playing Street Fighter. I had to go out for a cuppa and a cig to calm down. GGs friend!

andygt 3-1 nuskool

GGs tonight guys.

Joe, that was intense... coming back from 2-0 down to win was epic! Congrats.

Andy, I didn't really have any answers for your Guile... I'm so angry at myself for making the same mistakes over and over... well played sir!

• Upvote 1

Camel 3 - 0 Plop

There was too much salt in my cooking and he thoroughly thrashed me :( but we had some nice casuals afterwards where he beat me a lot again :)

• Upvote 2

GGs, Mr Nuskool after you took the second game I was desperately trying to keep you out to stop another ex tatsu ultra.

Spamming sonic booms and mashing flash kicks :)

Yeah sorry I had to leave as there where some fun moments, though I did press buttons with Ibuki :) and my Gen is the polar opposite of Xain's .

In the league match I thought picking Honda might turn my fortunes around, but who knew you also knew a bit of Honda and thus sent me packing :)