rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
murray

Battlefield 4

I would double-dip at some point but right now the game is a horrible experience, not very inclined to buy it twice. Need a muk night with party chat going and people actually communicating.

Any sensible squad leader will issue commands to get free points for him and his team, even if he's instructing them verbally or issuing the order after the fact. I don't know about being new to the game, BF3 is STILL like this now. Great with friends, fucking unplayable without.

Have been playing for three hours, couldn't find a single other person who would communicate verbally, even though half of them were shitting awful noise through the mic on the camera and shouting at the screen. Most squads are split on opposite ends of the map. And every single vehicle I've gotten into has smashed into the ground or beached itself within 30 seconds :lol:

There's a gaf thread about the same thing going at the moment. First reply nails it.

I've not had it that bad (not most games at least) with randoms, but it is pot luck as to whether you get in a game with people who PTFO, or a squad of people who think sniping from a location where they can't even see a flag / MCom is a good idea.

Voice chat amongst randoms is incredibly rare and it makes for a frustrating experience when you're out of rounds but the idiot Suport guy you're hopping around and shooting in the face to get his attention won't drop an ammo pack*. I much prefer playing with people from the forum as we support each other and often tend to come out towards the top of the scoreboard because we're working in a much more coordinated fashion.

* I guess sometimes in BF4 they might not be carrying ammo, but I'm fairly certain that most of the time they are, but are just ignorant of what their role is.

You need to get your arse on PC dude. I'll be a pro pilot for you on Obliteration.

Get the two brothers in and we only need one more to fill the remaining squad spot ;)

I can be pilot. One of you lot can be the bomb runner. A couple of Engineers as repairmen

UNSTOPPABLE!

Pick me, pick me! I can't shoot for shit, I'm basically a free kill and I can't pilot any vehicles!

Oh...on second thoughts, just put a bullet in me now and put me out of my misery :(

Anyone still playing on Xbox 360? If so please add me as I've not had a game with any forumers since I got it a few weeks back.

Me - RBOnline. I'm on most nights with a guy I play alongside regularly.

How do you send a game invite on BF4 PS4? Also, is there a notifications thing to tell you when someone has logged in? Lots of rllmop guys playing but nobody is partying up

It is crazy about the spotting business. Especially with the recon class as it is now. You get the spotter as a default gadget. This is pretty good.

1) Heat vision. As in pre-nerf IRNV from BF3 heat vision.

2) It has a zoom

3) Spots multiple people at once

4) Oh, and it laser tags stuff

All as a default gadget. You also get C4 as recon, and if you play the class for 20 minutes you'll like unlock the DMRs. So if you cannot snipe, no problem. Hell, just unlock carbines/shotguns and play with whatever guns you fancy. Shame the game keeps falling over on PS4, no easy way to squad up and conquest servers are so full it is very difficult to get everyone into a game.

One final thing I would mention. I loved BC2, I think that was the most fun I had in mulitplayer on the last generation. One reason was the over powered magic that was the Carl Gustav. Some of you guys know what I'm talking about. Handily, it appears the default RPG is almost as good. Explosive goodness is back, and I'm loving it.

The M249 + Operation Locker = lots of empty casings, lots of dead bodies and lots of big grins :D

That thing is a monster and easily worth playing through the campaign for.

The M249 + Operation Locker = lots of empty casings, lots of dead bodies and lots of big grins :D

That thing is a monster and easily worth playing through the campaign for.

Good accuracy but too low damage, frustrating to always loose the one-on-ones. First shot and some range though and it is great, but I still prefer my trusty old PkP Pecheng, best gun in game.

I'm delurking for this new generation and also because I reckon Battlefield is going to be unplayable if I don't learn it with some mukkers who know what they're doing. The shift to 64 players has left me truly, embarrassingly shit. I was wandering lost around the massive maps last night getting picked off for fun while my randomer team-mates were slaughtered around me. The CODification Moz is talking about doesn't help either.

I spot all the time and throw ammo and medkits aplenty. Good at following orders too, just shouldn't be relied on to fly a helicopter or even hit someone when I've seen them first. I've stuck myself on the PS4 friend list and will hit a few people up, hopefully it'll help - I loved Bad Company 2 but my first go on this was discouraging to say the least.

I went in learning this just by playing team death match. It helped unlocking equipment and learning parts of these larger maps. It's helped considerably for me and I'm making a positive impact to the larger team games now.

Pick me, pick me! I can't shoot for shit, I'm basically a free kill and I can't pilot any vehicles!

Oh...on second thoughts, just put a bullet in me now and put me out of my misery :(

I'm sure I have you on my friends list dude! Just not seen you on when I've been on. We'll deffo hook up though!

You have to keep in mind too that Obliteration is dogshit

Not this again :rolleyes:

Was enjoying sp on this (PS4). Put about 5 hours in. Then played mp for a while which was fun but daunting. Then it crashed. So, back to sp. And yup my save had gone.

Hooray! When will they patch this bloody thing?

Edit: a PS4 patch today would be most welcome, if it fixes the save game bug.

Rush is HARD 16 vs 16. 3 hours play tonight and we didnt get to the end of a single round. (Neither did they, but still)

I was terrible at that but at least I killed you once! (Although you got your revenge :lol:)

China Rising is out today for Premium subscribers. Wonder what time it'll drop and whether the PS4 will auto download them if left in stand-by mode.

I'm not really a fan of the 64-player matches so far. I feel like it's hard to get a read on the flow of battle when there are so many players coming in at different angles, vehicles everywhere and Commanders topping things off with death from above. 32-players seems like a better balance between scope and the potential to outmanoeuvre the enemy, with the largest matches feeling more like a swarming mass of unforeseen death.

How are other people finding the biggest games?

New patch out tomorrow:

PC December 3 Game Update (Expected around 10am GMT 03/12/13)
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
-Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
-Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
-Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience

PS4 December 3 Game Update (Expected in the afternoon of 03/12/13)
-Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where bullets were sometimes applying their damage multiple times to a character. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
-Fixed a crash that could occur when having a very large amounts of Friends
-Enabled audio in PS4 video captures

An update for the Xbone focusing on stability is also due to arrive later this week.

Battlefield 4: China Rising, an expansion pack featuring four new maps, launches to Battlefield 4 Premium members on all platforms tomorrow.

I only noticed last night that my copy of B4 came with China Rising DLC code... is that in everyones 'standard' copies?

finally unlocked the c4 as support and back to my griefing best!

Man I love griefing other players in this.... I've honed my AQ IED tactics in BF3, and now that you can throw c4 I'm always lurking around on roof tops dropping c4 on unsuspecting tanks :)

Some geezer got well upset with me yesterday on the resort map... he was cruising around in one of the gunboats, had some crazy score like 23 kills 0 deaths..... out comes the c4 on the RIB...... susicide waterborn IED time!

Start getting the usual "OMG! l2p noob"

which I normally reply back with "I'm sorry, but I don't speak "Cretin" " or "Adapt and Overcome!"

Also got the hang of playing as a tank driver properly..... plenty of locations for some proper "hull up" tactics.... took out 3 tanks in a row on a hardcore gamer yesterday... brilliant fun!

long range sniper shots are just magnificent. You can feel the rage from across the map.

Yep. I think 500 meters has been my best so far.

Not quite as good as my semi accidental 800 (or thereabouts IIRC) meter headshot on Gulf Of Oman in BF3 though...

Just had a quick go on Altai Range. Ugh. I can forsee that map will be nothing but Recon and vehicles. Looks beautiful but it'll be the only map I'll be actively avoiding as I don't fancy being shot by someone wielding a SRR-61, halfway up a mountain in OOB territory, over and over and over.