rllmuk

Battlefield 4

First time player on PS4. I was a bit worried that it would be a nightmare for a noob, but I've taken the advice offered earlier in the thread, and I'm spotting, dropping med packs and reviving like a mofo.

It's awesome fun. I'm utterly shit, but having a ball.

• Upvote 2

So this has sucked me in completely. Does anyone know what the cost of the expansion packs is going to be? A cursory google and I've not found the individual costs. I suspect I'll just go for the premium and be done with it, but was curious to know what the difference is going to be.

How does premium work if I get it now on ps3 but migrate to ps4?

I have the code and 10 quid upgrade but wondering about jumping on premium one or after Christmas when I get a ps4?

I have the code and 10 quid upgrade but wondering about jumping on premium one or after Christmas when I get a ps4?

It should carry over:

Does my Battlefield 4 Premium membership carry over?

Yes, you will be able to carry over your Premium membership from current-gen to next-gen at launch.

http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield-4/next-gen-upgrade

• Upvote 1

It should carry over:

Does my Battlefield 4 Premium membership carry over?

Yes, you will be able to carry over your Premium membership from current-gen to next-gen at launch.

http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield-4/next-gen-upgrade

Cool, cheers :)

Has anyone done the upgrade - at what point does it all transfer over, when you first play it on the PS4 or as soon as you redeem the code on the PSN store?

Not sure I know what I'm doing but I think I'm getting there. Did a lot of spotting. Don't know how to drop packs or revive though.

How does premium work? I got it but don't know what it's added. Why can't I play capture the flag? It says I'm missing dlc.

Does premium download the extras automatically?

Just got Battlefield 4 Deluxe Edition for PS3 from Game, can I upgrade this to PS4 version as I don't see any markings on the pack to indicate that I can? Reading online suggests only specially marked packs include voucher? If not I'll return for refund. Thanks in advance.

Cool, cheers :)

Has anyone done the upgrade - at what point does it all transfer over, when you first play it on the PS4 or as soon as you redeem the code on the PSN store?

Did it automatically and transferred over. Was impressed.

have to say on ps4 this really is incredible compared to the 360 version. The larger player count makes such a diffrence and everthing from the graphics, animation and effects just make it so special. The sound is even more incredible than before. This version is worth the prie of admission alone for the console.

Hit rank 19 on 360, and already on 7, looking forward to playing with the usual suspects.

Late to the party but I'll be around today after 4 man. 64 player and 60fps is the difference. This is the definitive version (PC aside).

First time player on PS4. I was a bit worried that it would be a nightmare for a noob, but I've taken the advice offered earlier in the thread, and I'm spotting, dropping med packs and reviving like a mofo.

It's awesome fun. I'm utterly shit, but having a ball.

Am about to jump in myself as a Virgin BF player this week (PS4). Did you learn controls via campaign forts or did you follow a guide or anything?

And have you been playing with people mostly from here? Or Randoms?

BF4 noob here but that didn't stop me from having hugely fun games last night with Bleeders, Mitchell & tomakasatnav. It's like a different game if you're playing with a squad of dudes. Levelled up to Rank 4 in one night!

I'd recommend other newbies try playing Conquest as it's a pretty simple game type and allows up to 64 players so there's plenty of action. Conquest also leans itself to you traversing all of the map which is good for learning them!

Am about to jump in myself as a Virgin BF player this week (PS4). Did you learn controls via campaign forts or did you follow a guide or anything?

And have you been playing with people mostly from here? Or Randoms?

I didn't follow a guide, although I have watched a few YouTube videos of people playing to get a bit of an idea of what I'm supposed to be doing. I quick matched with randoms on Conquest and started following teammates around, trying to learn the maps. Conquest seems the best thing to start with, as it's a basic attack/defend mechanic, and it's not difficult to figure out what you should be doing.

I followed the advice of a few people on here and played the Assault class. Once I'd got the defibrillators (which unlock really quickly), I revived downed teammates and dropped medpacks as much as I could. So although I'm dying a lot more than I get kills, I'm gaining xp and feel like I'm contributing to my team. If I was just running around getting slaughtered it would get too frustrating.

I always used to think Rush was the way to go for beginners. It's less "360" than Conquest as the goal is always in a single direction and you learn each map in stages. Plus, Conquest relies on far more map and game knowledge in order to be an effective unit. Maybe something has changed in BF4? (I've not played yet).

I didn't follow a guide, although I have watched a few YouTube videos of people playing to get a bit of an idea of what I'm supposed to be doing. I quick matched with randoms on Conquest and started following teammates around, trying to learn the maps. Conquest seems the best thing to start with, as it's a basic attack/defend mechanic, and it's not difficult to figure out what you should be doing.

I followed the advice of a few people on here and played the Assault class. Once I'd got the defibrillators (which unlock really quickly), I revived downed teammates and dropped medpacks as much as I could. So although I'm dying a lot more than I get kills, I'm gaining xp and feel like I'm contributing to my team. If I was just running around getting slaughtered it would get too frustrating.

Ace. Thanks for that. Add me to your friends. Maybe we can hook up, assuming Amazon get the game to me. :)

Ace. Thanks for that. Add me to your friends. Maybe we can hook up, assuming Amazon get the game to me. :)

Will do. It's a lot of fun, the sense of scale is epic and some of the firefights are really intense.

I always used to think Rush was the way to go for beginners. It's less "360" than Conquest as the goal is always in a single direction and you learn each map in stages. Plus, Conquest relies on far more map and game knowledge in order to be an effective unit. Maybe something has changed in BF4? (I've not played yet).

I'll give that a go too, sounds like that would be a quicker way to learn the maps. Thanks for the advice!

I would probably recommend going for TDM (Team Deathmatch) first. Good way to learn the controls and different weapons with only one objective in mind, kill stuff. Also a quick way to unlock stuff for your weapons, I always start with a TDM to get the first scope for a new weapon.