Battlefield 4

murray

PMd. Not sure if Mr Woo wants them posted on a public forum.

Edit: To snowbind too. If anyone else wants them just send me a PM.

Yeah I've no problem with giving the details to any forum members, just do it via PM :) Hopefully I'll cyas online within the next few days, haven't had a chance to really get on the last few days or so.

Anyone else noticing an increase in bugs lately?

Had several freezes yesterday, where I had to restart the console (PS3) to get back online. Also had a very hard time to connect to the EA servers for quite a while, and the must annoying bug of the all, them hit marker doesn't register anymore.

Well on the PC I'm finding that at least it's now generally saving your progress which is a bonus! However they did introduce that totally ridiculous chromatic effect (or whatever it is) and it still crashing periodically between rounds.

They give with one hand, punch you in the nads with the other

I had my first big freeze last night, and naturally it came during a round that was going swimmingly :(

I haven't really found it that buggy (PC). There have been some niggly little glitches with the sound and frame rate drops during certain level evolutions (they need to come up with a word to describe those), but until last night I'd encountered nothing game breaking.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-18-dice-struggles-against-ddos-attacks-and-severe-crashes-in-battlefield-4

On Saturday evening embattled producer Ali Hassoon - aka Striterax - took to the Battlelog forum to explain:

"Hi guys, we are being targeted by a DDOS, but working on fixing it asap. I'm sorry somebody is ruining your and my day. Rest assured we are doing our best to mitigate the situation though."

Then, following complaints about crashes and instability in the PlayStation 4 version of the game, which launched in North America on Friday alongside the console, DICE announced it would issue an emergency server.

I am fully loving this again. At first I missed BF3 but have got back into the groove. Agree with the points made on vehicle spawn rates and also the maps are a bit small but suppose that works sometimes on console when you can end up with a choice of spawning at a base or with 3 snipers on a roof.

I always seem to crash on operation dawnbreaker on 360 on conquest which is a bit shit.

Also you seem to rush through the service stars by class. I think I hit engineer service star 1 at level 15 or something and that was without boosts. Mind you the unlocks are a lot more around weapons.

Carlito - I need your help - what does stability and accuracy mean for the guns.

Is stability recoil and accuracy the bullet spread from the first shot. In real terms what does this mean? Soo many guns and soo many options but frustrating you can only switch up your soldier in game.

Don't like the commander UAV - not sure it adds to the game...you spend time getting the drop on people as a foot soldier and then the UAV will light you up...is there a way you can hide from the commander UAV? Will you appear in you are in a building or stationary...anyone know the rules. C'mon Kerraig put those 100 hours to use and drop some science

Aye I'm loving this! It's horrible at times on PC with a controller but I'm really enjoying playing it.

That was a fun round you hopped in on earlier - it was a stonker of a 19k game for me! Had another cracker afterwards. I was squad leader to a squad that actually did as requested and it makes such a difference. Everyone scores well when they cooperate :)

That was a fun round you hopped in on earlier - it was a stonker of a 19k game for me! Had another cracker afterwards. I was squad leader to a squad that actually did as requested and it makes such a difference. Everyone scores well when they cooperate :)

Aye cheers, really enjoyed that! I had to leave because my Xbox Controller died but while it lasted it was brilliant.

The twitch-shooting is a nightmare on a controller, but thankfully in a squad it doesn't devolve into that so often. Will you be on again later?

I am fully loving this again. At first I missed BF3 but have got back into the groove. Agree with the points made on vehicle spawn rates and also the maps are a bit small but suppose that works sometimes on console when you can end up with a choice of spawning at a base or with 3 snipers on a roof. I always seem to crash on operation dawnbreaker on 360 on conquest which is a bit shit. Also you seem to rush through the service stars by class. I think I hit engineer service star 1 at level 15 or something and that was without boosts. Mind you the unlocks are a lot more around weapons. Carlito - I need your help - what does stability and accuracy mean for the guns. Is stability recoil and accuracy the bullet spread from the first shot. In real terms what does this mean? Soo many guns and soo many options but frustrating you can only switch up your soldier in game. Don't like the commander UAV - not sure it adds to the game...you spend time getting the drop on people as a foot soldier and then the UAV will light you up...is there a way you can hide from the commander UAV? Will you appear in you are in a building or stationary...anyone know the rules. C'mon Kerraig put those 100 hours to use and drop some science

I've played quite a few games as commander and the UAV definitely lights people up in buildings.

I agree that it spoils the game somewhat as it shows the position of everyone within it's field of view, so unless you're out of it's spotting radius (which is almost impossible on certain maps), any hope of stealthily flanking the enemy is fucked from the off. It also re-spawns within seconds of it being lost, so it's like having a constant autospotting MAV in the air. On the flip-side, the cruise missile requires you to pretty much land it on someone's head in order to get a kill. :huh:

Aye cheers, really enjoyed that! I had to leave because my Xbox Controller died but while it lasted it was brilliant.

The twitch-shooting is a nightmare on a controller, but thankfully in a squad it doesn't devolve into that so often. Will you be on again later?

Yeah, I'll be knocking about until tea time. Give me a poke on Origin if you head back on, if I'm not already playing - it's nice to have someone else around during the daytime.

Personally I would like a no commander option for the purpose stated here about constant UAV's and an enemy that you can do nothing about. Being able to customise my soldier outside of an actual round would be useful too. I really hope they sort out the PS4 version before the 29th, starting to become very disillusioned with Dice - Do we think EA forced them to release before COD?

I think I might be done with this on consoles until the Xbox One version comes out. Getting fed up of being shoved into games on shit maps full of lag, and that terrible server browser. The server browser on the PS4 actually seems to filter out full servers, so hopefully it's just a current gen problem that they can't be arsed to fix.

Anyone else noticing an increase in bugs lately?

Had several freezes yesterday, where I had to restart the console (PS3) to get back online. Also had a very hard time to connect to the EA servers for quite a while, and the must annoying bug of the all, them hit marker doesn't register anymore.

Yep, loads more crashes yesterday. :(

Personally I would like a no commander option for the purpose stated here about constant UAV's and an enemy that you can do nothing about. Being able to customise my soldier outside of an actual round would be useful too. I really hope they sort out the PS4 version before the 29th, starting to become very disillusioned with Dice - Do we think EA forced them to release before COD?

I think that's pretty much guaranteed at this point. Yes Battlefield launches have always been rocky but this has been by far and away the worst one I can ever remember. It's been shockin at times for a big release, plus I guess having to do the PS4 and Xbox One versions hasn't helped either. Not that DICE should be let off but I'd say EA is without a doubt the main factor in letting it be released in this state.

There are lots of commander free official servers dude

I think that's pretty much guaranteed at this point. Yes Battlefield launches have always been rocky but this has been by far and away the worst one I can ever remember. It's been shockin at times for a big release, plus I guess having to do the PS4 and Xbox One versions hasn't helped either. Not that DICE should be let off but I'd say EA is without a doubt the main factor in letting it be released in this state.

I think they should be fined by MS and Sony personally. Releasing a game that is fundamentally broken and full of crash bugs is a disgrace. A week later and all the same bugs are still there. Trading standards should be notified.

The painful thing is that they had the FPS crown right there in their hands. Nobody gives a fuck about Cod or Halo anymore. And they've shot themselves completely in the foot

There are lots of commander free official servers dude

I didn't know this, I assumed they were all configured the same, this is good news. Stupid question but how can I tell? When I'm not joining you and your crew I usually just jump into quick match as the server browser just gives me server after server with 24/24 players.

What's wrong with the game at the moment? I haven't had a problem since last week.

Game crashes, lots of disconnects, problems connecting to servers, server crashes between map rounds plus the game never feels very stable, at least on PC for me. It is slowly getting better but it was released in a bad state.

I haven't had a crash in a while, maybe I just got lucky?

Still, if folk are still experiencing those problems then that's pretty shitty.

Honestly if you're not having many problems then more power to you. You're one of the lucky ones :D Doesn't mean I can't get into any games at all, just that it's more of a guess rather than a sure thing if I can get into a server with spaces or not (or stay in it without a crash)