rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
murray

Battlefield 4

32vs32 games on consoles just got less enticing to me. I'm imagining that each team gains 10+ snipers.

I've never thought much of 32v32 in Battlefield, although not for sniper reasons, just because unless you're in an organised clan effort games frequently descend into an incoherant moshpit. For smaller squads and solo efforts I've found 24v24 is the maximum acceptable game size in terms of actually having fun, and I'm very much of the opinion that 16v16 fits better.

Looks like now after the PC patch the servers are dumping players out after every game/map change. Fuck me DICE.

Looks like now after the PC patch the servers are dumping players out after every game/map change. Fuck me DICE.

Sounds like they've already screwed you.

• Upvote 1

'The new weapons showcased in the videos are none other than the L96A1 sniper rifle, MTAR-21 carbine, MP7 personal defense weapon, RPK-74M light machine gun, and the L85A2 assault rifle, while two new gadgets; the SUAV and the UCAV are also shown off.

Presumably, a mishap in the recently outed update has unintentionally allowed users to gain access to these new weapons and gadgets. In order to patch things up, as well as to address an increase of reports of server crashes, developers DICE are rolling out Server Update R10 over the next few hours'.

I like the little flying RC spotter plane :D

'The new weapons showcased in the videos are none other than the L96A1 sniper rifle, MTAR-21 carbine, MP7 personal defense weapon, RPK-74M light machine gun, and the L85A2 assault rifle, while two new gadgets; the SUAV and the UCAV are also shown off.

Presumably, a mishap in the recently outed update has unintentionally allowed users to gain access to these new weapons and gadgets. In order to patch things up, as well as to address an increase of reports of server crashes, developers DICE are rolling out Server Update R10 over the next few hours'.

I like the little flying RC spotter plane :D

The new guns look nice, particularly that sniper rifle. I am not sure how I feel about the exploding UAV's though, it seems a bit COD like to me.I hope I get a code for China Rising with the PS4 version I have ordered, more guns can never be a bad thing.

The new guns look nice, particularly that sniper rifle. I am not sure how I feel about the exploding UAV's though, it seems a bit COD like to me.I hope I get a code for China Rising with the PS4 version I have ordered, more guns can never be a bad thing.

I'm just looking forward to using them on snipers who've perched on the highest rooftops they can find

I'm just looking forward to using them on snipers who've perched on the highest rooftops they can find

I don't know why I didn't think of that, it's late I guess. You're right, for killing camping snipers it would be very useful, lets see how they play out.

I came top of the leaderboard the other day on PC using a 360 pad. Do not let them tell you it can't be done.

• Upvote 1

I came top of the leaderboard the other day on PC using a 360 pad. Do not let them tell you it can't be done.

Have they managed to patch in any better functionality for the pad on the PC version yet? Tried it when it first came out, and it was woeful- you can't navigate menus properly and there's no 'back' button or way of closing tutorial pop-ups.

How do you find aiming? I really tried but found quick, accurate aiming very difficult without a mouse.

It gives you a much faster turning circle although you could argue that if your going to turn around 180 degrees your already dead.

I guess, maybe I'll go back to the controller and give it another go. Mouse and keyboard on the sofa is horrible.

It's PS4 launch day in the US today, the EA servers are probably getting a kicking.

Battlefield Commander tablet app is now available - I'll hopefully give it a shot at lunch and see what the deal is.

I've managed to get into one session using my iPad (which then kicked me after a game and a half). Every other attempt has resulted in a "You have lost connection to the server" message before I even get into a game.

I've managed to get into one session using my iPad (which then kicked me after a game and a half). Every other attempt has resulted in a "You have lost connection to the server" message before I even get into a game.

I was wondering if the wifi at work had a filter on for games or something but I'm having the same issue at home. Dogshit.

I was wondering if the wifi at work had a filter on for games or something but I'm having the same issue at home. Dogshit.

Looking at the Battlelog forum it appears to be an issue affecting people who's soldiers are on XBOX 360.

Off work ill yesterday, so spent the whole day playing this and it finally clicked.....

My god, the gunboats are overpowered. Fave current tactic is to sit behind an island, hidden, and use the tv missiles to shoot down choppers and take out everyone else. Brilliant fun!

Another day, another crash. This time while racking up a shit ton of points as a Commander. I don't know why I even bother any more. I mean it's already such a grind to unlock better weaponry and gadgets so it feels like wasted effort to say the least.

This is by far the worst launch of a game I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

On the other hand, I played several hours yesterday on PC and was issue free so it has improved things for some. The only annoying thing the patch has done is that annoying 3D heartbeat effect which randomly comes up.

I'm amazed at how well this runs framerate wise on PC. I've a thing on my PC that collects the optimal settings and applies them, and I'm on Ultra with an average of 57fps which does me fine!

Amazing really, seeing how fucking amazing it looks! Just hope I manage to get used to playing with a controller.

Anyone else playing on PC that I could add?

Just logged on to see this message in battlelog

NOTICE: We are currently experiencing attacks on our infrastructure that is impacting online gameplay on BF4 PC. We are working on mitigating actions

Might be time to progress campaign then ...

EDIT: message gone now !

Edited by Simbo

@Simmy : latest PC list here

UN - Origin ID
Len - LenHug
top-cat - Scruffster75
Dimahoo - Dimahoo
RubberJohnny - RubberJohnny101
snowbind - snowbind
JPR - JPR82
Uzi - Oohzii
Michael J Glocks - MegaDriveII