Battlefield 4

murray

I turned that latency compensation option down to zero straight off the bat and haven't had any real lag/bullet reg problems on Euro servers.

Thankyou for this. I just turned mine off and went from being killed by 3 guys I hadn't seen repeatedly to ending with a positive k/d. It has completely changed the game.

Well I still haven't gotten my money back so I decided to see if the game had gotten any more enjoyable/better over these past 2 weeks. Boy is it still infuriatingly shit. I really, really want my money back :lol:

Every single game consists of me getting one shotted every 10 seconds. But no whenever I'm in a scout heli I have to empty 2 salvos of rounds into a single infantry. So shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I really fail to see how this is not in any way a step back in terms of overall direction for the series. Maps are so huge and open and because of this the random factor is through the roof. Hell, even the developers themselves have admitted the netcode will never be up to snuff as there is simply too much going on.

Seriously, did you buy a mysterious edition no one else did, or take some seriously messed up drugs before you play? I can't see how you're playing the same game I am / we are. It's awesome, and thats even on 360. Once we upgrade to PS4, it's gonna be even more amazing.

I rarely get one-shotted. I've had plenty of times where I've even had someone start hitting me from behind, but I've been able to react, dodgy, spin around and take them out. The maps aren't huge, and on the bigger ones... they are kind of designed for vehicles to be used as well as running around on foot.

Really just cannot fathom your stance, especially if you liked B3 / BBC2.

I've gone from absolutely loving this to being sat on the fence after a run of really bad games. Zero teamwork and spawn/die/spawn/die bollocks. It's been a lot like CoD. Meh. Hopefully just a shitty run. I'll have a couple of days off the multiplayer I think.

Play with people from here then! We regularly have 6-8 players on 360, and it seems a similar amount on PC too from reading this thread.

Thankyou for this. I just turned mine off and went from being killed by 3 guys I hadn't seen repeatedly to ending with a positive k/d. It has completely changed the game.

Yeah I find I don't get killed after running into cover s much either. May be placebo but I'm happy with it like this :)

I've noticed this shit as well. If I'm in a tank, one run of a chopper and my tank is done. If I'm in the chopper and I hit the tank with every shot, I still need another 2 runs to take it out. I seem to be constantly getting one hit killed as well. The net code is such a mess. With that said, when I get into a game where I'm not getting shafted by net code or team mates who don't know what spotting is, it's so much fun. Not Bad Company 2 levels of fun though. The maps are just a waste, recon campers everywhere just sapping the fun from the game. Almost every round has felt totally one sided thanks to one team recon camping everywhere.

Yeah the maps really are just a playground this time around instead of a focussed set of environments. The flow is kind of lost. When I was trying out commander mode I was kind of shocked to see how many times you are able to call in a UAV and have enemies light up on the map. Now in this version it's even more important to spot enemies as the maps are so detailed (and very easy to hide in) but man you might as well be playing with a flashing light on your head now.

Hopefully it will get better over time because I really want to enjoy my time with BF4. So far it's been very hit and miss where as in BF3 it instantly clicked.

Oh and Paracel Storm is one of the worst maps to have ever been put out in any multiplayer game. Flood "here's a maze for you to run around in and hide in every single nook and cranny" Zone comes in at a close second.

Ok I had two really good rounds now. I guess you just have to play it really slow? Also I was beasting at Commander mode on Flood Zone.

Still want my money back though.

I find you can play it how you want to a certain extent, but also take note that if you're going to be CQ's for a lot of the time, a la Operation Awesomelocker, then running with a shotgun is highly enjoyable (But still usually not one shot kills), or wider, more open maps, where DMR's etc can serve you well. The carbines are pretty damn solid for nearly all purposes, they've got enough range unless you're trying sniper distances, and quick enough that if you catch someone first you should take them down.

Play with people from here then! We regularly have 6-8 players on 360, and it seems a similar amount on PC too from reading this thread.

I certainly will when I can. I don't get on much in the evenings though, unfortunately. Most of my gaming gets done during the day. I'm definitely going to try turning that latency compensation off as suggested. Half of my deaths seemed utterly unfair yesterday, so I did a 'Quick! To RLL!!!' to have a whine instead of just turning it off for half an hour.

If you're in a squad, or even a side that regularly spots sniping recon, there is little that is more satisfying than sneaking up on them and dispatching them in as inventive a way as possible:

But yeah, spawning at a far away point and instantly going down, or being shot from across the map when you're well hidden is quite frustrating.

32vs32 games on consoles just got less enticing to me. I'm imagining that each team gains 10+ snipers.

I've never thought much of 32v32 in Battlefield, although not for sniper reasons, just because unless you're in an organised clan effort games frequently descend into an incoherant moshpit. For smaller squads and solo efforts I've found 24v24 is the maximum acceptable game size in terms of actually having fun, and I'm very much of the opinion that 16v16 fits better.

'The new weapons showcased in the videos are none other than the L96A1 sniper rifle, MTAR-21 carbine, MP7 personal defense weapon, RPK-74M light machine gun, and the L85A2 assault rifle, while two new gadgets; the SUAV and the UCAV are also shown off.

Presumably, a mishap in the recently outed update has unintentionally allowed users to gain access to these new weapons and gadgets. In order to patch things up, as well as to address an increase of reports of server crashes, developers DICE are rolling out Server Update R10 over the next few hours'.

I like the little flying RC spotter plane :D

'The new weapons showcased in the videos are none other than the L96A1 sniper rifle, MTAR-21 carbine, MP7 personal defense weapon, RPK-74M light machine gun, and the L85A2 assault rifle, while two new gadgets; the SUAV and the UCAV are also shown off.

Presumably, a mishap in the recently outed update has unintentionally allowed users to gain access to these new weapons and gadgets. In order to patch things up, as well as to address an increase of reports of server crashes, developers DICE are rolling out Server Update R10 over the next few hours'.

I like the little flying RC spotter plane :D

The new guns look nice, particularly that sniper rifle. I am not sure how I feel about the exploding UAV's though, it seems a bit COD like to me.I hope I get a code for China Rising with the PS4 version I have ordered, more guns can never be a bad thing.

The new guns look nice, particularly that sniper rifle. I am not sure how I feel about the exploding UAV's though, it seems a bit COD like to me.I hope I get a code for China Rising with the PS4 version I have ordered, more guns can never be a bad thing.

I'm just looking forward to using them on snipers who've perched on the highest rooftops they can find

I'm just looking forward to using them on snipers who've perched on the highest rooftops they can find

I don't know why I didn't think of that, it's late I guess. You're right, for killing camping snipers it would be very useful, lets see how they play out.