Battlefield 4

murray

On the big maps you get the great vehicle and tank combat as being discussed above, and it actually feels like a spec ops mission when you go behind enemy lines to plant some C4 to destroy their jets, or sneakily take an flag.

I remember on one of the BF2 maps having a small team in the hills near an airfield ready to destroy aircraft and radar was a huge advantage. And no I don't class that as camping. :P

I can't believe how shitty the server browser is on the Xbox 360. No matter what filters you choose, you have to wade through page after page after page of full servers. And if you do quick match, it just chucks you into a lag-fest. So bloody frustrating.

I can't believe how shitty the server browser is on the Xbox 360. No matter what filters you choose, you have to wade through page after page after page of full servers. And if you do quick match, it just chucks you into a lag-fest. So bloody frustrating.

I thought that too. I thought I must of had it arse about face in my filter settings. Annoying.

Trying to expand out weapon types now, as I've got most of the class kits - had stuck shottys, carbines or pdws on everyone with holos and foregrips for rapid ADS - I'd play aggressively, run in to control points and could usually kill someone even if they fired first, or burst fire to get someone at range.

And now with DMRs and Machineguns I'm really struggling. I can't rely on that and just get killed over and over, it's the playstyle to blame really, I guess I need to be more patient, find an area near the frontlines to cover? Any tips?

Think I'm going to start the campaign on this later, but switching to keyboard and mouse to try and get my attrocious kd up. Been playing with pad on PC. Still came first a few times last night, with 1 kill and 11 deaths. I just run and hide at every point, trying to get a few easy kills on the way. I rarely scout an area before charging in.

Well I still haven't gotten my money back so I decided to see if the game had gotten any more enjoyable/better over these past 2 weeks. Boy is it still infuriatingly shit. I really, really want my money back :lol:

Every single game consists of me getting one shotted every 10 seconds. But no whenever I'm in a scout heli I have to empty 2 salvos of rounds into a single infantry. So shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Is that fun? On the Benny Hill lefty righty scaffolding stairs?

Well my careful is generally run up them until its too late and get shot :lol: I do love sticking claymores on stairs/scaffolding around corners. It fucks people up something shocking and sends them into rage. It's an easy way to get kills :D

I really fail to see how this is not in any way a step back in terms of overall direction for the series. Maps are so huge and open and because of this the random factor is through the roof. Hell, even the developers themselves have admitted the netcode will never be up to snuff as there is simply too much going on.

Right I've been trying this for the last few evenings on the 360. About 4 or 5 hours anyway which is nothing but I am dreadful at it. Nobody on my friend list, apart from maybe fishyfish, seem to have the game so I was wondering if there was a Rllmuk group playing regularly on Xbox? Even playing with randoms absolutely no one uses the headsets and I imagine that might help my enjoyment just a tad if I wasn't just running around like a headless chicken.

I think they've made the netcode worse with the updates, I was used to topping the leaderboards on Operation Locker, and then I had a couple of games last night and I had like 10 deaths to every 1 kill. I would shoot at people and then from my perspective they'd fire a single shot and I'd die. Happened on other maps too.

Well I still haven't gotten my money back so I decided to see if the game had gotten any more enjoyable/better over these past 2 weeks. Boy is it still infuriatingly shit. I really, really want my money back :lol:

Every single game consists of me getting one shotted every 10 seconds. But no whenever I'm in a scout heli I have to empty 2 salvos of rounds into a single infantry. So shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I've noticed this shit as well. If I'm in a tank, one run of a chopper and my tank is done. If I'm in the chopper and I hit the tank with every shot, I still need another 2 runs to take it out. I seem to be constantly getting one hit killed as well. The net code is such a mess. With that said, when I get into a game where I'm not getting shafted by net code or team mates who don't know what spotting is, it's so much fun. Not Bad Company 2 levels of fun though. The maps are just a waste, recon campers everywhere just sapping the fun from the game. Almost every round has felt totally one sided thanks to one team recon camping everywhere.

Right I've been trying this for the last few evenings on the 360. About 4 or 5 hours anyway which is nothing but I am dreadful at it. Nobody on my friend list, apart from maybe fishyfish, seem to have the game so I was wondering if there was a Rllmuk group playing regularly on Xbox? Even playing with randoms absolutely no one uses the headsets and I imagine that might help my enjoyment just a tad if I wasn't just running around like a headless chicken.

There's a list of 360 players further up the thread... here you go:

Username - Gamertag

Hellcock - Helpmerhondayea

KYUSS - KYUSS123

FishyFish - FishyFishArcade

RYAN WHITELAW - RYAN WHITELAW

DJ KNIGHT XIII - DJ KNIGHT XIII

Dave White - Mr Dave White

Silent Runner - ciaran BAC

Bleeders - Bleeders

KriessG - KriessG

Godzooki - Godzooki

Kerraig - Kerraig

King A - T0NY DANGER (The 0 is the number, not the letter)

Kryptonian - Kryptonian

MaxRenn - xx SIMULANT xx

Wahwah* - Wahwah UK

Cappuccino Kid - Eccentric Soul

MagicalDrop - MetalSlug SV001

Most of the people from here I've played with so far (though only briefly) seem far better than me though. I'm still struggling to get my kills/deaths ratio above about a truly shit 0.25, but at least I'm having fun whilst repeatedly getting shot in the face.

There's a list of 360 players further up the thread... here you go:

LIST

Most of the people from here I've played with so far (though only briefly) seem far better than me though. I'm still struggling to get my kills/deaths ratio above about a truly shit 0.25, but at least I'm having fun whilst repeatedly getting shot in the face.

Outstanding thanks, I'm not sure why I didn't think of looking elsewhere. I'll start adding people now, hopefully can join a few friendly games.

I've gone from absolutely loving this to being sat on the fence after a run of really bad games. Zero teamwork and spawn/die/spawn/die bollocks. It's been a lot like CoD. Meh. Hopefully just a shitty run. I'll have a couple of days off the multiplayer I think.

I've just started playing this on the PC, give me a shout when you're going to hop on if I'm online and I shall shoot everyone for you.