Battlefield 4

murray

Cannister Shell?

Obviously you have destroyed loads of tanks - it doesn't mean it was easy.

I just don't believe if a lone engineer fired a rocket at you in a tank that you wouldn't back yourself to burn him before he took your tank out. I mean I doubt it would even be a real concern would it?

FWIW, I'm a very average (I hope) player and in BF3 would never be concerned if I had an engineer kit and was 1-on-1 with a tank unless we were both out in the open. Most of the time I'd be able to drive them off or if not weaken them sufficiently for someone else to finish the job. Unless I was in a fixed position in which case the tank would be able to shell the whole area.

Cannister Shell?

Obviously you have destroyed loads of tanks - it doesn't mean it was easy.

I just don't believe if a lone engineer fired a rocket at you in a tank that you wouldn't back yourself to burn him before he took your tank out. I mean I doubt it would even be a real concern would it?

Think of how much tanks and LAVs could dominate maps. They were not easy kills by any means.

Anyway it's really not important but I genuinely find your opinions surprising.

I find it surprising that you see it that way. I dont ever remember tanks dominating anything in BF3. The official forums were always full of people complaining how they felt paper thin

Are many people picking this up on PS4 in a few weeks? I've not got a 360 any longer so I'm hoping that there are going to be plenty of people playing the PS4 version :)

Pre-ordered mine today before the cut off from Shop To, very excited :)

As for the rockets, I initially thought they were underpowered but I think the key is that to take down an armoured vehicle with rockets you generally need more than one person, when there are 32 opponents on the battlefield this will make vehicle piloting even more dangerous than it is now.

Also the SRAW I really love, it takes down choppers in one hit without fail (at least hasn't failed for me yet) and with tanks I find if I can loop the shot and land it on top of the tank it does way more damage than hitting it square on the side/back/front, often only 2 shots are needed if you can succeed with this approach, if not 3. I agree all the other launchers do seem weak though but I guess like most things in this game it comes down to team work.

Does this one actually hang together or does it still feel like a bizarre mash of levels from about 4 different games of hugely varying quality, with little to nothing holding them together? The campaign, I mean.

The Giant Bomb footage I saw looked alright, a tense and fairly tactical shootout in a swish office. Those small and smashy environments are by far the best for showing off the Frostbite destruction.

I'm finding the sp beyond boring and very tedious, I just can't stand it. The only reason I am forcing my way through it is it unlocks stuff in the mp. Don't think I've ever finished a bf sp be it bc or bf. I literally play half a level and just think I wish this was over and then go back to the mp.

Had this new weird bug (PS3) where the hit marker (the cross that pops up when your bullet connects) disappears, strange how such a small thing can affect the game. I suddenly can't hit shit. Annoying.

Do you get the hit marker on hardcore servers? Could it be you joined one without realising? I suppose you'd notice the lack of map etc too though..

I fond it so hard to watch the map in this.. I wish I could manually resize/reposition it.

anyone know how long it takes to unlock c4 as support? can't find anything that tells me how long, just that it can be unlocked at some point... feel naked running around without it!

Wait, you can get C4 on support as well? Why the hell have I been wasting time on classes that aren't called support??

:hmm:

Hmmm, really worried about this map pack scenario. China rising are huge maps, which were my least favourite in BF3. Then it's 3 of my least fave maps from BF3, then naval warfare, then finally, about a year from now we get some city maps, which are my favourite. Not really getting me excited I have to say

Hmmm, really worried about this map pack scenario. China rising are huge maps, which were my least favourite in BF3. Then it's 3 of my least fave maps from BF3, then naval warfare, then finally, about a year from now we get some city maps, which are my favourite. Not really getting me excited I have to say

The huge maps will probably be much more fun on next gen, with the added player count. I'm not really looking forward to another Armoured Kill type setup though. If I had to have a remake of a BF3 map (and I think it's a little too soon to be rehashing them already), then an update to Grand Bazaar would be good, especially if it opened up the map with more routes and perhaps some multi-level play areas.

Grand Bazaar, Seine Crossing and the Back to Karkand maps were my favs but I wonder if they remade them they would feel the need to add more verticality or levolution or whatever it is that they call it when they make fucking tall buildings for snipers to sit on all day.