Battlefield 4

I'm actually loving the vehicle combat in this. A tank or LAV really feels like a threat now. And you cant just keep popping out to fire. You need to hide, manouvre, pick your moment then try to get them from the back or top.

A wire guided in the back will do around 35% damage and a critical hit about 50% of the time. Also, firing square on makes a big difference to firing at an angle. You need to deprogram your mind from BF3 where you could just keep popping up, firing and popping back down.

I'm so gutted they patched the reloading. I was really enjoying having to think tactically about reloads

One change should be made though, similar to how health works when you are a foot soldier. When under fire the repair speed should be significantely lowered, so that tanks, helicopters and what not just couldn't run around with a couple of repairbots making sure they are more or less unkillable.

That way you could force a retreat even if you couldn't fully destroy them.

• Upvote 1

Re: the ammo situation, bear in mind that Support only gets them piddly little packs for quite a while. I can't wait till I unlock the full box. I'll be dropping that baby down at every chance and reaping all the ribbons; same as teh big medic box :D

Not long now till the Saiga 12K will be gracing my grubby little mits :eyebrows:

One change should be made though, similar to how health works when you are a foot soldier. When under fire the repair speed should be significantely lowered, so that tanks, helicopters and what not just couldn't run around with a couple of repairbots making sure they are more or less unkillable.

That way you could force a retreat even if you couldn't fully destroy them.

I dont agree. If a chopper has two repair guys he SHOULD be virtually unkillable. Cooperation like that should always be rewarded. The tradeoff is that there are two less gunners on the field. Choppers are easy to avoid. Defend a point indoors and they are useless. Failing that hit it with an RPG, which is a one hit kill.

The biggest problem now is that support could quite easily just not have ammo packs. That guy you was spamming may have had claymores and airbursts.

One tip that worked on BF3, was that you could spawn as support, stick an ammo pack somewhere smart, then change to whatever class you want and it would stay there all round.

Only had a quick chance to jump into a Multiplayer game on PC but it crashed with a looping sound effect playing over and over.

Is that normal at the moment? Are there some problems or am I just unlucky? I just bought the game last night so haven't been privvy to any discussion about glitches or crashes.

Only had a quick chance to jump into a Multiplayer game on PC but it crashed with a looping sound effect playing over and over.

Is that normal at the moment? Are there some problems or am I just unlucky? I just bought the game last night so haven't been privvy to any discussion about glitches or crashes.

Yeah, that's pretty normal at the moment.

It's not been too bad over the weekend for me but its still happening too often (and always at the wrong time).

I dont agree. If a chopper has two repair guys he SHOULD be virtually unkillable. Cooperation like that should always be rewarded. The tradeoff is that there are two less gunners on the field. Choppers are easy to avoid. Defend a point indoors and they are useless. Failing that hit it with an RPG, which is a one hit kill.

Two less gunners on the field doesn't really matter in a 64 player game. Not as long as vehicles are able to claim flags, if you were forced to exit the vehicle then yes.

But things that are unkillable is (1) not fun and (2) does not promote team or tactical play as in my experience they are more about ranking upp the kills rather than working for the greater good of the team. Having an offensive team with a defensive repair team would be more team play oriented.

I think that reload mechanic might still be present on hardcore servers, but you'd have to play hardcore to find out. Eugh.

How exactly does the airburst work? I was just using it as a slightly shitter rapid fire nade launcher, until I swapped it out for claymores.

When an enemy is behind cover, aim the crosshair at the cover to lock in the range. Then fire just above / to the side and the shells will explode a few metres behind it, killing the person. It's great for wiping snipers off rooftops.

Choppers I've had issues with, but never really tanks/LAVs. I call myself the vehikiller. Multikills all over the fucking joint. YEA.

And when we both get anti air launchers its usually enough to take them down or at least force them to back off for the time being.

Vehikiller ;)

Anything that is virtually unkillable is unlikely to be fun.

I am staggered that you think the rocket damage model against armour is good. It's not even worth engaging most of the time which is pretty poor.

I just dont agree. I love going against a decent squad working together. It's the definition of fun for me in this game. And one of the things i've been most impressed with in BF4 is how fun vehicle combat is now. Tanks were boring as shit in BF3.

It's easy to hit a 3 man chopper with a wire guided. Even noob tubes. And when you get a hit they lose control so follow up hits are even easier. With tanks, Just have some patience. I'm a tank and chopper killing machine in this.

In BF3 youd run round a corner, see a tank and pull out your RPG and go toe to toe. It's a fucking TANK, the first reaction should be "oh fuck, I gotta get out of here", which the game does brilliantly now

• Upvote 1

Two less gunners on the field doesn't really matter in a 64 player game. Not as long as vehicles are able to claim flags, if you were forced to exit the vehicle then yes.

But things that are unkillable is (1) not fun and (2) does not promote team or tactical play as in my experience they are more about ranking upp the kills rather than working for the greater good of the team. Having an offensive team with a defensive repair team would be more team play oriented.

If you have 32 players and you cant take down a chopper then I think the problem is more that your team sucks than they are overpowered

Get a new angle Carlito. I've already gone on about stuff I don't like with the game. Namely that about 60% of the gametypes are shit and the graphics are rough. Pretty much my whole crew agree that the vehicle stuff is the biggest improvement.

Love what they've done with the mortars now too. The fact you can set one down, go off about your business, and jump on it whenever you need to opens up loads of strategy.

I am just saying I think it is more of a quirk of your individual tastes that you like tanks needing five rockets to go down rather than a reasonable statement on game balance.

Remember this before any of the later unlocks have come into play, so if one of those is reactive armor grade it could potentially ruin infantry combat. A tank in a decent spot could just completely dominate a checkpoint.

I am just saying I think it is more of a quirk of your individual tastes that you like tanks needing five rockets to go down rather than a reasonable statement on game balance.

Remember this before any of the later unlocks have come into play, so if one of those is reactive armor grade it could potentially ruin infantry combat. A tank in a decent spot could just completely dominate a checkpoint.

Reactive armour is already in play on most rounds. But as I say, 1 wire guided to the back of a tank is like 30 damage and usually a critical hit too. It's fine. It's only 5 rockets using one that locks on for you. A lone engineer should not be trying to take on a tank. He should always lose that fight. The tanks in BF3 were no threat at all and totally boring to play with

It's not just the amount of health. It is the introduction of critical hits and an extra perk slot. The extra health means you actually have a chance to retreat if you get caught out. There was no point retreating before because you'd never get away. In BF3 tank fights boiled down to two stationary machines hammering each other, one would end up disabled, the other dead. That was the extent of it. Now if you get caught out you have the chance to run. Providing you dont epose your back and give away a critical hit.

Tank vs infantry gave you no feeling of being in a powerful machine in BF3 because a lone engineer wouldn't even bother running away from you.

In this not only is it more fun being in a tank, the games are more fun for their inclusion. Being up in that village on the railway may and seeing a tank roll in is a palpable shit yourself experience where you need to creep and dart about trying to either get away or get behind it.

You also don't have to take on a vehicle. It's easy enough to just dart down an alleyway out of sight.

Do you genuinely think tanks are overpowered in this? Have you seen one win the match for the other team? I haven't seen it yet.

• Upvote 1