rllmuk

Battlefield 4

Yeah, the initial loading is crazy.

Its especially jarring aside, um, every other game I have on PC. Eg it takes about 5 seconds after clicking icon on desktop for Batman Origins to get to title screen (once I deleted the splash screens, obv). Battlefield takes about five minutes, it almost as bad as GTA 5 or The Last of Us on PS3!

I don't actually mind the browser based menus, at least I can carry on reading rllmuk while I wait for it to load in the background. :)

I'd love to play this on a controller on the PC. Such a shame that it's impossible.

Mentazm is playing it with a controller on PC I believe.

Also, I've given up tonight. Squadded up with Spork on two different servers and crashed both times. I know it's not just me, as Spork has had a few too :(

Had a great Battlefield moment earlier today.

I was on the roof above Flag C on Siege of Shanghai and placed a claymore outside the elevator in case anyone came up behind me. While I was up there I started getting strafed by a scout heli who proceded to run straight at me. I got a few shots in as he flew overhead, but then his passenger jumped out onto the roof while the helicopter snagged the advertising hoarding and touched down behind me next to the elevator. I tried to shoot the guy who'd jumped out but he nailed me. Sadly, before he could celebrate, he walked into my claymore, killing himself and also destroying the helicopter and pilot in the process. :)

• Upvote 3

What sort of crash? Sticking everything on medium seems to have helped with the Direct X errors.

I haven't looked at the crash logs but it usually is the game freezing, the sound looping on what ever effect happened when the game froze (really annoying if one of the soldiers is shouting something) and nothing happening till I CTRL+ALT+DEL it out of existence.

Is there anything better in this game though, than some smarmy git waltzing up to you and trying to knife you, only for you to perform a counter and take him out instead? :ninja:

I discovered the counters in my first game. I was sneaking through a trench like a ninja and got that feeling that I was being watched, so I turned around to see some dude sprinting at me with a knfie and at the last second managed to counter him and get his tags. He must have been spitting chips. It was hilarious.

• Upvote 1

I discovered the counters in my first game. I was sneaking through a trench like a ninja and got that feeling that I was being watched, so I turned around to see some dude sprinting at me with a knfie and at the last second managed to counter him and get his tags. He must have been spitting chips. It was hilarious.

My first counter was pretty cool. Parachuted down from a chopper onto a rooftop where there was a 5 man squad of snipers. Took out the first 3 guys with my assault rifle, the 4th guy tried to knife me, I countered it and then killed the 5th guy with my pistol. I felt like an absolute legend, and then shortly after an absolute idiot because I realised I hadn't hit record on my PVR :hmm:

• Upvote 1

When knifed from the front a prompt will appear during a second or two, press the melee button when you see it and you will counter the attack.

Ah sweet, so it only works if you're facing each other? That makes sense. For a horrible moment I thought people could just do it on reaction no matter what! (ie I'd always end up losing to kids, hehe)

Nah, If you're cheeky enough to go for a face to face, then you risk humiliation. A sneak stab will always work

This iteration of BF is a thing if beauty. It's so very well balanced and brutal that I cannot wait to play it for the Next 2 years. Every spawn I don't know what to choose cos every spawn is so much fun. That've excelled themselves in game design, IF they can get the bugs under control

• Upvote 1

I hadnt seen a single crash until today (except when I'm piloting a chopper, arf!), had about 4 today alone, random lock ups and a disc read error (playing it off the hd).

360 version btw.

(I cant wait to see this running on the PS4!)

I've had several crashes on Dawnbreaker that have required me to reboot the Xbox. There's also that nasty frame rate bug on Operation Locker after the levelution takes place. Other than those it's been a smooth and fun experience. Compared with the weeks of server problems that plagued the last two games on release, this is pretty much spot on.

• Upvote 1

Man I can't stand the Rush game mode, it gives me rage tendencies beyond what is good for me. Charge die, charge die, charge die.

Played a lot of Rush in BF3 but somehow the fact that the precision and damage of the weapons have been increased I really prefer Conquest in BF4. At least that gives me the possibility to come up with some sort of strategy before being shot, blown to pieces or crashed into.

• Upvote 1

I love the freezing effect in Operation Meatgrinder Locker and Parcel Storm is fantastic with the storm coming in.

I

Had loads of crashes playing yesterday. I think Spork was getting it quite a lot too as he seemed to drop from the servers with alarming frequency. I did however, get to shoot mr-woo in the back while he was sneakily trying to cap 'B' on Parcel Storm before I crashed :D

I love the freezing effect in Operation Meatgrinder Locker and Parcel Storm is fantastic with the storm coming in.

I

Had loads of crashes playing yesterday. I think Spork was getting it quite a lot too as he seemed to drop from the servers with alarming frequency. I did however, get to shoot mr-woo in the back while he was sneakily trying to cap 'B' on Parcel Storm before I crashed :D

Git :lol:

Had some great games last night and was really fun playing with folks from here. I spent a couple of hours playing team deathmatch and it was great running about with a shotgun :D

Would any of the PC folk be interested if I rented a mumble server for us to hang about in and chat in and out of games ?