Battlefield 4

murray

Have had this happen to me more than a few times.

Seriously needs fixing ASAP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7vGFeQPrk8

Yeah I hate that, its one of the biggest networking challenges of online games. There's that option in the menus for latency compensation, I wonder if people can abuse that to make this sort of thing even easier.

It looks as though it only takes the attacker's point of view into perspective, where what it should do is a quick check of the victim's position at the moment the shot was fired. Of course by the time you gain all this info about half a second has passed and then things get even worse.

Good luck, dice.

What?! I didn't know you could do that second screen stuff.. Ace! Unfortunately I only have one monitor these days :(

Yeah, it's quite good. Its done through the Battlelog and called Battlescreen I think, its at the bottom. Shame you don't have a second screen as I found it to be quite useful at times.

That's actually part of the problem. The game frustrates me because I'm decent at FPS's and was decent at BF3. I obviously just need to 'unlearn' what I think the game should be doing and learn what it is doing.

And I'm jumping on right now. :D

Don't worry about it, just enjoy it. You can't be worse than the majority of people that play it! :)

Tried and failed miserably, had no idea wtf was going on tbh. It's not explained very well or at all. I just kept sending cruise missiles in but was having difficulty working out how to send specific squads to specific points etc. Maybe just me though...

Yeah, it's quite good. Its done through the Battlelog and called Battlescreen I think, its at the bottom. Shame you don't have a second screen as I found it to be quite useful at times.

Don't worry about it, just enjoy it. You can't be worse than the majority of people that play it! :)

Can you use an ipad as a second screen with this, I assume so?

Tried and failed miserably, had no idea wtf was going on tbh. It's not explained very well or at all. I just kept sending cruise missiles in but was having difficulty working out how to send specific squads to specific points etc. Maybe just me though...

Can you use an ipad as a second screen with this, I assume so?

I think so yeah, I'll try it at some point tonight/tomorrow and report back :)

Pants, as a relative BF newbie the best thing I learnt (but still do quite a bit accidentally) is not to spawn without checking what's going on and running after / towards my squad mates.

You want to be reasonably close to them if possible or getting into a good place for intel, being a good spawn point or a source of supplies off the front line but play at your own pace until you get used to the maps.

And go engineer to get the awesome carbines and mines :)

I think so yeah, I'll try it at some point tonight/tomorrow and report back :)

Just to update, you can indeed use an iPad as a second screen for the map. Tried it tonight and worked great, just not as good as a second monitor :P

Newbie tip.

If everyone on your is looking one way, look the other. The amount of times I've already snuck up behind a full group of clueless gits in this game.

Also, the M249 owns owns owns in this game. 200 round assault rifle for all intents and purposes.

UN - Origin ID

Len - LenHug

top-cat - Scruffster75

Dimahoo - Dimahoo

RubberJohnny - RubberJohnny101

snowbind - snowbind

JPR - JPR82

Uzi - Oohzii

Michael J Glocks - MegaDriveII

magicianlord - Nu_Challenger

mr_woo - Al_Benicio

JLR - jamesleeramsden

Simbo - SimboTheScot

Valver - MIRVValver

Mogster - Mogster

Nathan Wind - Nathanwind78

Spork - Spork1096

mlewis - Martinlewis3141

dood - robdood

The Boatman - The_Boatman

Fudge - MrKerblammo

Spuckuk - Spuckuk

MY TANK IS FIGHT

Unplayable for me this morning. Crashed twice in 5 mins on different servers with epic lag on both.

Sort it out DICE :(

Thats a shame, played last night without much problems again. Had one server disconnect which then caused a crash but other than that fine.

More fantastic games last night and some most enjoyable team work with JPR and Dimahoo and then had some excellent 'copter flying, I seem to have really turned a corner with it, only taken 5 years or so! When I say excellent I mean not crashing immediately, getting to the ticket and keeping it steady for others to shoot...followed by being blown out of the sky. So a real improvement... ;)

Absolutely love the shotgun on Operation Locker, so so satisfying. I could never really use them in bf3. And are there hacks out already? Had an odd moment on Golmud whilst in a copter with 2 engineers whereby we constantly got barraged by missiles whilst frantically repairing, one after another till we went down. Must have been 9 or 10 in succession. Most odd...

It just feels so much better than bf3 and I thoroughly enjoyed myself for hours and literally had to force myself to stop and go to bed which I haven't done in a long while. Anyway, much much more later... :)

It wouldn't surprise me if there were hacks out. I vividly remember my first day on BF3: Operation Metro on rush, last M-COM and a support guy standing inside the metro, shooting people through walls and getting a kill score in triple figures. I've also seen a nice video of a guy having an entire clip emptied into him, and half a pistol mag and he still had 100% health. Whether this is the shocking netcode or a hack, I don't know, but I (probably naively) refuse to believe that EA/DICE would ship a game with netcode as bad as that.

*edit* Judge for yourselves...

Yeah, the initial loading is crazy.

My only beef with this (and bf3) is the loading times. Massive. Its weird cos it doesn't take very long between maps!

Not compared to BF3 (PS3), between maps is quite similar but the intial one, until you hit the Multiplayer menu, must be about a quarter as long in BF4 as it was on BF3.

Yeah, the initial loading is crazy.

Its especially jarring aside, um, every other game I have on PC. Eg it takes about 5 seconds after clicking icon on desktop for Batman Origins to get to title screen (once I deleted the splash screens, obv). Battlefield takes about five minutes, it almost as bad as GTA 5 or The Last of Us on PS3!

I don't actually mind the browser based menus, at least I can carry on reading rllmuk while I wait for it to load in the background. :)