Mogster - Mogster

Nathan Wind - Nathanwind78

Spork - Spork1096

mlewis - Martinlewis3141

dood - robdood

The Boatman - The_Boatman

Fudge - MrKerblammo

Sirloin - Kaamark

Won't be on until the weekend but will be giving it a solid few hours Saturday night.

Noticed a couple of you added me on xbox, i have not been able to pick up the game yet (been busy) but generally how are you guys finding the gameplay? (on 360)

It's excellent. The odd glitch and inconsistency aside, it plays really well. The weapons feel great, the new additions are good, and so far it seems pretty balanced. Looks wise, it's on par with BF3.

I'm amazed that this is being received as well as it has by the community here. By god is it an enormous step back in terms of map design, netcode (being shot from the other side of the map while you're behind cover) and overall gameplay experience (being able to snipe people with basically every weapon there is). Never have I been this disappointed in a game. Just had a game of rush on Hanoi Resort or whatever it's called, on both sides, and it is shocking how bad the map design is. If you're attacking you shit out of luck if your team isn't putting up spawn positions near their first batch of MCOMS and it takes ages getting there with the choppers. Even if you survive the trip you'll more than likely be oneshot by pistols on the ground. Amazing. Oh and if you are defending and are down to the last two MCOMS? No worries, the game will more than gladly give you the finger and lets the opposing team tear you apart in your spawn with their LAV. Proper good design that.

This has been the case on numerous maps now where I feel like Rush has taken a backseat when they designed these maps, which was my favourite game mode from BF3. Speaking of map design, it's no wonder that this runs so well on pretty much every hardware. There is hardly any geometry to render and you're mostly just looking at huge maps with little going on. I mean sure there is a lot going on at any given time in terms of action and destruction but the layouts are far less focussed of those seen in BF3. It's all so lacklustre and forgettable. I mean take Siege of Shanghai. It's basically all just a bunch of rectangles and open spaces. It's great that it resembles an actual city but as far as gameplay balancing goes it's about as interesting as a rock. Ugh.

This is just the tip of the iceberg as far as problems go. It's a bit of a mess really.

I agree with siege of shanghai. Its an average map. But Hainan resort is great. The first checkpoint is brutally hard for the attackers I agree, but thats the beauty of battlefield. The game has tempo. Some points are hard, some easy. Its a piece of piss to swim onto the island and stick a spawn beacon down undetected if you have the patience. It's basically the same checkpoint as Isla Innocentes on BFBC2, and that map is considered a classic

I also agree to a degree that the guns are all very accurate, even at range, but i'm still seeing suppression, single shot fire and sniping give a distinct advantage. Especially with the new 20x and 40x scopes.

Of the original 9 BF3 maps, i'd say the maps here are better than 4 of them (Caspian, Firestorm, Tehran, Kharg) which truly were bland and featureless. I do miss original games maps like Grand Bazaar and Seine Crossing, but at the same time these are of a consistently higher quality. This just sounds like you had a rough round to be honest

That said, i'm gutted that they've patched the reloads so that you no longer lose the remaining ammo in your kit. That felt like a bold move and added an awesome layer of strategy. I'll miss it

VN1X, so sorry to hear you feel like this. I have no idea how, this feels like a step up from B3 / BCC2, and I enjoy every single map on this. In general the 8 or so people I've played with from here love it too. Stick at it.

Also, when was the bullet reload patch released? Thats a shame.

BC2 had so many classic maps really, that being said I'm really enjoying the maps on BF4 so far. Still getting used to them to be fair.

Also fellow PC players, the recent patch has made a huge difference for me. I played for a couple of hours last night with not one crash or disconnect.

I still can't quite believe how terrible I am at this. I used to play the BF games all the time on PC with keyboard and mouse back in the day with a bunch of mates on voice comms. I'm back playing with those guys and chatting on TF, and they can't believe how dreadful I've gotten either. They are regularly at the top of the score boards, whilst I'm almost always at bottom. Esp if playing non-conquest game types that actually involve shooting people to win.

I tried going back to keyboard and mouse, and I'm even worse with those now than with a pad. I think I'll stick to noob-tubing people for the time being.

Also fellow PC players, the recent patch has made a huge difference for me. I played for a couple of hours last night with not one crash or disconnect.

Good to hear! Hopefully some us can get together friday / sat evening for some pewpew? How does voice comms work, actually? Worth us getting on team speak or something?

Good to hear! Hopefully some us can get together friday / sat evening for some pewpew? How does voice comms work, actually? Worth us getting on team speak or something?

Pretty sure me and JLR will be around Friday/Saturday so I'll look out for you!

Not sure how the voice comms work, hardly used it apart from when I've left it on by accident. We have a Mumble server that we use for playing games, much better quality I find :)

Does anyone have a teamspeak/mumble server where we can chat and setup games etc ?

Played for the first time last night and had pretty much no idea what I was doing. I think I spent most of the time following the mukkers (Fudge and then Al Benicio) who's games I joined.

I managed to not come last most of the time!

Yeah, comms are a must. I accidentally spawned on a squadmate who was up one of the towers on Rogue Transmission, which wouldn't have been a problem if I was Recon but I was a shotgun tootin' Mechanic. Anyway, a guy jumps out of a chopper and lands next to me and as I keep forgetting I'm using something with the range of a damp fart, I wasted loads of shots on his descent. I quickly switch to pistol and get a couple of shots into him, but not enough to kill him. He kills me, and then stands there and slowly knifes both squadmates who are far too busy sniping people to notice his presence.

It was like something out of a pantomime; me shouting "he's behind you!!" at the screen with no one listening.

Something tells me trigg and jlr have one!

We do :)

Yeah, comms are a must. I accidentally spawned on a squadmate who was up one of the towers on Rogue Transmission, which wouldn't have been a problem if I was Recon but I was a shotgun tootin' Mechanic. Anyway, a guy jumps out of a chopper and lands next to me and as I keep forgetting I'm using something with the range of a damp fart, I wasted loads of shots on his descent. I quickly switch to pistol and get a couple of shots into him, but not enough to kill him. He kills me, and then stands there and slowly knifes both squadmates who are far too busy sniping people to notice his presence.

It was like something out of a pantomime; me shouting "he's behind you!!" at the screen with no one listening.

Its amazing how people can become so blinkered sometimes, me included actually.

Anyone use duel screen? I have to say the live map on my other screen has been great at times. Especially when I have the bomb and I'm navigating my way around the map.

Does anyone have any recommendations for YouTubers to watch for tips, hints, strategy, etc? BF4 is a brutal, brutal learning curve and I hate spending my whole evening thinking 'am I doing something wrong?' instead of just enjoying the game.

It's quite weird how long it's taking you to settle into pants. You were always so frikkin good at halo. Let me know when you're going on next and we can do another chopper rapefest

Pretty sure me and JLR will be around Friday/Saturday so I'll look out for you!

Not sure how the voice comms work, hardly used it apart from when I've left it on by accident. We have a Mumble server that we use for playing games, much better quality I find :)

I'll definitely be around late Fri and Sat day so would be great to squad up with some fellow 'mukkers.

Had some good rounds with Dimahoo last night and was as lot of fun. Well apart from when the wife rang me as I was flying the whole squad in to a busy 'A' on Golmud...oops, sorry about that! :lol:

Also got myself a joystick for the copters, which took an age to calibrate and still not sure is totally right but that's another story. Was feeling good about it all and then went ingame and immediately went 0 for 14 or some such as I tried to get to grips with it more, typical. Still great fun though... :)

It's quite weird how long it's taking you to settle into pants. You were always so frikkin good at halo. Let me know when you're going on next and we can do another chopper rapefest

That's actually part of the problem. The game frustrates me because I'm decent at FPS's and was decent at BF3. I obviously just need to 'unlearn' what I think the game should be doing and learn what it is doing.

And I'm jumping on right now. :D

We do :)

Its amazing how people can become so blinkered sometimes, me included actually.

Anyone use duel screen? I have to say the live map on my other screen has been great at times. Especially when I have the bomb and I'm navigating my way around the map.

What?! I didn't know you could do that second screen stuff.. Ace! Unfortunately I only have one monitor these days :(

Does anyone have any recommendations for YouTubers to watch for tips, hints, strategy, etc? BF4 is a brutal, brutal learning curve and I hate spending my whole evening thinking 'am I doing something wrong?' instead of just enjoying the game.

I watch Twitch, very good place for some tips and tricks. I think Sacriel42 and Kratvitz are really enjoyable to watch, and you pick up some good pointers along the way.