rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
murray

Battlefield 4

Its not nonsense. 10 Seconds or even 20 seconds is more than enough time to kill yourself so you can spawn on your one of your nodes. You can easily see where they're going as the bomb is always visible on the map regardless of who has it. So if it meant disarming a bomb or stopping them in their tracks of course people will kill themselves to stop it.

If you could just spawn at home then you'd have games that were every lasting, not quite sure why you can't see that. I think you're wrong on this one.

Clearly you and JLR never played halo much. As that's how the spawning worked on neutral bomb in that game and it played fantastic.

Also, I've played obliteration with the spawns how I'm describing. The euro gamer iteration did it my way and without the para drop, and it was way more fun and tactical.

The fact you can see the bomb can be used to the attacking teams advantage really easily. If the bomb carrier is approaching, say, defender point A, then the rest of his squad/team can take up positions in the surrounding buildings waiting for the defenders to come after bomb carriers, because you can bet your bottom dollar that 90% of defenders will be looking at bomb man like dum dums.

All they'd really need to do to counter your concern is make the suicide respawn 45 seconds. Job done.

As it stands I have yet to ever see a claymore, mine, tugs, c4 or even player being used to defend a point. They are always undefended. Mainly because they are undefendable. The game type plays like a game of girls football, where all players just run blindly at the ball for 10 minutes, and occasionally someone punts it right down the other end of the pitch where there are no players to go get it.

If you watch obliteration in spectator mode all you see is a swarm of dots around the bomb and nothing else going on anywhere, whereas it should be a concerted push on either side of the battleline. It should play like American football with tanks basically.

No point us going round in circles. If you like it how it currently is then that's fair enough.

• Upvote 1

You negged me first!

You get six packs per weapon, and they're randomised, so I imagine 18 is probably a very generous approximation because they're not all going to drop upgrades, but consumables and camo too.

Did I? Oops. I know I negged you after I was feeling spiteful as I wanted an answer. Now I feel like a tool :(

Anyways - what are the consumables, the XP boosts etc? I'm sure all the main (stat affecting) stuff is unlocked ingame so this shouldn't be a problem hopefully.

I'll be on later this evening probably but probably not until 9-10ish.

I'l be on all eve but more like after midnight your time but if anyone is still about.

Was getting lots of direct x errors yesterday (e.g. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG) as well, anyone else?

Bah well I'm finding it a bit frustrating, mainly due to a) bugs, b) lack of playing with anyone coordinated, and c) it runs like ass, especially compared with BF3 :( Tried the various PC fixes that have been touted in the thread but they seem to make little difference.

Will keep trying but I think I'm done for tonight.

For those going 360>PS4 are you waiting to buy premium?

It's transferable from ps3 to ps4 isn't it?

Was getting lots of direct x errors yesterday (e.g. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG) as well, anyone else?

Yeah once. Although I accidentally opened Sony Vegas i think whilst i was starting a game so that may have hogged the resource first.

Really annoyed at the crashing in this.

No issues at all for me tonight (so temperamental!) and had some great games. I seemed to have had a breakthrough and began to fly the copters with some semblance of normality which is a major breakthrough for me after years of trying. I just can't stop playing this. :)

Dood: What os are you running it on? I've got Win 8.1 installed and it is smooth as you like when it's working. Wasn't there talk of it running better on 8 or was that just marketing?

Is it not about time everything was unlocked from the off in these shootan games? I'm fucking terrible, and my enjoyment isn't enhanced by the fact I can't access the weapons I want until playing for 50 odd hours with weapons I'm shit with.

• Upvote 1

Have EA trotted out the surprised by popularity excuse for problems this time round? As all reports are that this is selling worse than its predecessor.

Have EA trotted out the surprised by popularity excuse for problems this time round? As all reports are that this is selling worse than its predecessor.

Can't speak for PC or PS3, but on Xbox 360 there's been no problem at all getting games, with plenty of servers available. BF:BC2 and BF3 both had a couple of weeks of problems, but apart from a handful of kicks and crashes this has been surprisingly smooth.

Had some really good games on PS3 yesterday but there are some quite annoying bugs. One minor, but annoying is the disappearing of the sound. it makes it really hard to play when there is almost zero sound. There are also quite a lot of graphical bugs, not so much in-game as in the menus.

But the most annoying one so far is the disconnect, only had one so far so hoping it isn't a common one. Happend at the final box in a rush match as attacker, having one of the best rush matches ever. All points lost. :(

But other than that I find this so much better than BF3. Can't wait to play it on PS4.

Had an amazing game last night of conquest on Zavod 311. 46 minutes long and we lost by a handful of tickets. Desperate times in the last few seconds. Spawned and sprinted towards D, chucking a grenade randomly as a last ditch effort. Caught up with my own grenade before it exploded. Dead.

• Upvote 2

I've never played a Battlefield game, or a COD and generally get bored when I do try FPS games (of the single player shooty man variety). I do however absolutely LOVE Day Z.

Am I going to end up hating this or is it worth a try?

COD is very fast based almost arcade like whereas BF is more strategic. At least Rush is anyway.

They're both far better in MP then SP.

SP in either game is tiresome because you feel its all you VS bots on the same MP areas with a story and some boring action set pieces you can't really interact with.

Nice if you've never done them before.

Battlefield used to feel slightly feels less tactile then COD - although thats changed now and is better for it.

I would always choose BF over COD. Its very well done.

• Upvote 2

Spork, nothing in COD can compare to the 8 man squad based amazingness some of us have experienced this past week :D

CoD is utterly crap compared to Halo let alone BF, its genuinely intense/exciting/scary when playing in a good game with bullets flying and buildings are exploding around you, theres just no comparison, it sickens me that CoD gets so much hype. Plus i was playing yesterday and sniped a long range shot, saw the blood splat on a wall and I was like "hell yeah what a shot", never had that in any other FPS.

• Upvote 2

I bought it earlier. Just waiting for it to download. I might even get to play before bed time!

http://www.edge-online.com/review/battlefield-4-review/

Not their strongest review. Their main issues seem to boil down to boring singleplayer, lack of innovation and technical issues at launch, all three not really relevant at all. Complaining about the singleplayer isn't wrong per se, but letting it have any influence on the score would be wrong. The singleplayer is nothing more than a glorified extra, without it the game would still be a complete package anyway. When you would take it away, you couldn't complain about the game lacking in content. The technical issues are a bit of a shame, but won't be there anymore in a couple of weeks so don't matter in the long run. Bit of a non-issue that. And complaining about DICE unwilling to tinker with the formula would only make sense if there was anything becoming stale or having been surpassed by the competition, which isn't the case. EA doesn't tinker with the basics of FIFA either. It's just what the game is.

I bought it earlier. Just waiting for it to download. I might even get to play before bed time!

Spork, come group with me and I'll use you as a meatshield show you the ropes!

*edit*

This could actually be the making of you. Where you are usually so quiet and demure on voice comms, after playing this for half an hour, you'll be effing and jeffing enough to make sailors blush and waking the dead with your shouting.; the mouse that roared like a lion! :D

• Upvote 1

For PC players have DICE patched the game again at all ? I really want to play it but it's full of crashes and disconnects and quite frankly I don't fancy losing a shitload of XP yet again.

I've not had a DC or crash yet today (well, not during the game anyway. Been booted from it twice while the counter is whittling down for the next round) so I think it's been improved. Whether it's actually fixed or not, only time will tell.

For PC players have DICE patched the game again at all ? I really want to play it but it's full of crashes and disconnects and quite frankly I don't fancy losing a shitload of XP yet again.

I was fine all last night so I think they've rolled out the server patch to most now. Some downtime expected for an hour this morning for another update as well.

Downloading this now. I'm a series veteran from the old old days (I'll still be shite, mind you), but never really enjoyed BF3 for some reason. I wasn't going to bother with this, but then Battlefield.

Add me up PC bros -

Nathanwind78

U/N - Origin
Len - LenHug
top-cat - Scruffster75
Dimahoo - Dimahoo
RubberJohnny - RubberJohnny101
snowbind - snowbind
JPR - JPR82
Uzi - Oohzii
Michael J Glocks - MegaDriveII
magicianlord - Nu_Challenger
mr_woo - Al_Benicio
JLR - jamesleeramsden
Simbo - SimboTheScot
Valver - MIRVValver
Mogster - Mogster
Nathan Wind - Nathanwind78

I've had lots of weird issues; no disconnects or crash to desktop type ones, but I've had: loss of sound, cross hair disappearing, gun models invisible, awful performance on and off, crashes on the post match lobby / next map loading.

It's definitely flakey. But its also breathtaking when it works. :)