Battlefield 4

murray

I love the idea of Obliteration. But the whole tug of war element is lost when you cant spawn on the defence points and the enemy keeps dropping out of the sky all over the battlefield. Fix the spawning and it'd probably be my favourite gametype

They built this awesome spawning system in BF that compliments a unified frontline style of combat, then they keep coming up with gametypes that work against the games strength. Conquest assault, CTF and Rush are where the games systems come together most synergistically, but instead we get Domination and Obliteration. Meh

Had an epic game on end transmisson with charlito and funsize. One of those 40 minute tug of war matches which we were losing badly. And managed to turn around and win. No other game gives you that sense of reward and satisfaction after a proper hard fought battle.

You would have loved the game of Rush I had with Funtime and Skeezo.

It was like watching Billy Dafoe's death scene from Platoon on repeat as we threw ourselves into hails of enemy fire on the last MCOM.

Heavy stuff.

I love the idea of Obliteration. But the whole tug of war element is lost when you cant spawn on the defence points and the enemy keeps dropping out of the sky all over the battlefield. Fix the spawning and it'd probably be my favourite gametype

Spawning on the defence points would completely 100% break the game mode. Like, completely.

Managed to have a good few rounds of conquest with Kerraig and a few others, thanks for that guys and sorry I'm so bad. If I'm quiet it is because I have zero sound insulation in my flat and shouting out enemy infantry and vehicle every few seconds is bound to piss off the neighbours. I am loving this on conquest though, just had a game on dawnbreaker where I was totally ruling with the MK 11 Mod, think it is the first game I have won on that map. A good squad makes all the difference though.

Explain? Cos like, obviously you're wrong

"Guys, they've planted at C! Everyone grenade yourself and spawn there!"

No I'm not.

EDIT: You wouldn't even have to fucking wait for the plant, because you can see where the bomb is on the map at all times. Oh, they're close to C? Kill self. Spawn on C. LOL. Infinite game is infinite.

Ugh, jumped into a Rush 32-player game with 2 people on here and had the worst game in this. I was #16 and therefore was on my tod while there were 3 squads of five. I think I made it to the frontlines 3 times in the entire round (and managed to trigger the M-COM twice!) but ended up the bottom of the server while everyone was spawning on their allies.

Why did you change squads from 4? Why didn't you change the amount of players to match? Why not choose something divisible you fucks?

Managed to have a good few rounds of conquest with Kerraig and a few others, thanks for that guys and sorry I'm so bad. If I'm quiet it is because I have zero sound insulation in my flat and shouting out enemy infantry and vehicle every few seconds is bound to piss off the neighbours. I am loving this on conquest though, just had a game on dawnbreaker where I was totally ruling with the MK 11 Mod, think it is the first game I have won on that map. A good squad makes all the difference though.

Whats your gamertag fella? And no problem if you cant speak. Thats what the spot button is for

"Guys, they've planted at C! Everyone grenade yourself and spawn there!"

No I'm not.

EDIT: You wouldn't even have to fucking wait for the plant, because you can see where the bomb is on the map at all times. Oh, they're close to C? Kill self. Spawn on C. LOL. Infinite game is infinite.

Wow, 3 people pos'd this nonsense?

You really think people suicide to respawn on defence? There is a 10 sec respawn, which is doubled if you suicide. And you are on the back foot when you spawn. Plus, you don't know which point they're heading for til they plant, at which time it's too late. The only reason to spawn on points is to lay mines, tugs, C4 etc. Once they're there, it's already too late to suicide spawn.

Spawning on your own bases offers you a choice and an option to defend. When I played Obliteration at eurogamer thats exactly how the spawning was mapped. There were no paraspawns, and it worked tremendously. There are no frontlines with paraspawn. Battlefield works best with frontlines

I got two Amazon pre-order codes for some reason, and the site only allows me to enter one.

I used the first, so anyone want to give this a go, feel free... (may be US only).

FTUF-RLJZ-WNAE-32NX

Step 1: Go to dogtagoffer.battlefield.com

Step 2: Log in with your Origin account (or sign-up if you don't already have an Origin account)

Step 3: Follow the instructions to enter your promotional code

Step 4: Bonus in-game content will be available after "Battlefield 4" launches this fall

You really think people suicide to respawn on defence? There is a 10 sec respawn, which is doubled if you suicide. And you are on the back foot when you spawn. Plus, you don't know which point they're heading for til they plant, at which time it's too late. The only reason to spawn on points is to lay mines, tugs, C4 etc. Once they're there, it's already too late to suicide spawn.

Spawning on your own bases offers you a choice and an option to defend. When I played Obliteration at eurogamer thats exactly how the spawning was mapped. There were no paraspawns, and it worked tremendously. There are no frontlines with paraspawn. Battlefield works best with frontlines

You. Can. See. The. Bomb. At. All. Times. It takes ages to transport a bomb, so yes, suicides would be an option. Any feature of the game will be easily exploited by people that want to win.

I can't even be bothered to argue with you. Just because you play a game quite a bit, it doesn't make you king-ding-a-ling know it all. I'll continue to enjoy obliteration in the way it currently works and is intended to be played.

KILLER TIP

When you are on the spawn screen looking at who to spawn on next, if the guy you are looking at is under fire, it flashes up 'WARNING' on the screen. No more bullshit spawn deaths if you pay attention

Yeah, KILLER TIP is actually a bit shit because you can still get bullshit spawn deaths when half the other team are Recon and camping all the spawn points. Operation Locker is especially bad for this.

Also, I hope they do something about the crashing. I get a lock up followed by a 'this program has stopped responding' about once an hour at the moment.

Having absolutely no performance problems though. Running smoother than an otter covered in butter.

I am so SO bad at actually shooting people in this, esp using the 360 pad on the PC. I tried going back to KnM but was even worse. I'm just too shaky for pinpoint accuracy. My KD after about 12 hours play is 0.16. Good thing with BF is that doesn't stop me from doing well.

I've unlocked the last Engineer RPG, the SRAW and the deception is along the lines of:

FGM-172 SRAW - (AT4) Fires a wire guided anti armour missile that will fly towards the point being aimed at. Can be manually guided if you remain in aim mode. Can also lock on to laser designated targets

I think the laser designated bit relates to something a recon guy can do? So I'd have to ask a squad mate to target a tank for me - it is a case of them spotting it in someway and that's it or do they have to stay focused on it? It sounds like if they do that it's a bit like a 'fire & forget' kinda thing.

I have no idea how the manual guiding works - do you still aim it after firing it when looking down the sights? ie it doesn't go like those rockets from N64 Perfect Dark?

Sorry for all the basic questions.

Its not nonsense. 10 Seconds or even 20 seconds is more than enough time to kill yourself so you can spawn on your one of your nodes. You can easily see where they're going as the bomb is always visible on the map regardless of who has it. So if it meant disarming a bomb or stopping them in their tracks of course people will kill themselves to stop it.

If you could just spawn at home then you'd have games that were every lasting, not quite sure why you can't see that. I think you're wrong on this one.

I've unlocked the last Engineer RPG, the SRAW and the deception is along the lines of:

I think the laser designated bit relates to something a recon guy can do? So I'd have to ask a squad mate to target a tank for me - it is a case of them spotting it in someway and that's it or do they have to stay focused on it? It sounds like if they do that it's a bit like a 'fire & forget' kinda thing.

I have no idea how the manual guiding works - do you still aim it after firing it when looking down the sights? ie it doesn't go like those rockets from N64 Perfect Dark?

Sorry for all the basic questions.

'Painted' targets can be done with some upgrades to tanks as well as the SOFLAM that a Recon has a choice of in their gadgets. I'm not sure how it the manual works as I've not tried it in BF4 yet.

Recon can use the binocs to lock on and target armour/aircraft.

I really need to move to the console version on this as the squad mechanic is almost non-existent on PC unless you're playing with friends or in a clan. Playing Lone Wolf McQuaid is fun till a point, but I'd much rather be in a co-ordinated squad than running around the map doing a bad John Rambo impression.

Yeah, KILLER TIP is actually a bit shit because you can still get bullshit spawn deaths when half the other team are Recon and camping all the spawn points. Operation Locker is especially bad for this.

Also, I hope they do something about the crashing. I get a lock up followed by a 'this program has stopped responding' about once an hour at the moment.

Having absolutely no performance problems though. Running smoother than an otter covered in butter.

Third post in a row but I don't care!

Yeah, the program as stopped responding is a right pain in the arse. Happened a few times last night and all at the wrong times! Missed out on 2 wins because of it too. Runs great while I'm in the game, staying in the game is the problem though.

Not sure if you're read or seen this but they have a few tips to try improve stability. Might be of use.

Recon can use the binocs to lock on and target armour/aircraft.

I really need to move to the console version on this as the squad mechanic is almost non-existent on PC unless you're playing with friends or in a clan. Playing Lone Wolf McQuaid is fun till a point, but I'd much rather be in a co-ordinated squad than running around the map doing a bad John Rambo impression.

Why is playing on console going to guarantee you squad play? Unless you mean higher number of mukkers to join up with?

Why is playing on console going to guarantee you squad play? Unless you mean higher number of mukkers to join up with?

Yeah, that and the (I'd imagine?) prevalence of voice comms and not game sounds punctuated with German or Dutch, which is all I'm getting at the moment on PC.

You just have to keep your reticule pointed at the target, and the missile will go where you aim. It's easier to do on tanks etc, but you can kill aircraft too.