rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
murray

Battlefield 4

30 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

If the multiplayer is better than the single player then I'm definitely in for a treat :)

I think it might actually blow your mind if you like the single player!

4pm?

• Upvote 1

On 18 June 2016 at 1:18 PM, Poet said:

At this stage is it actually worth picking up? I mean, I know it's £4, so there's that, but I've never played a Battlefield game for more than a few minutes, and I'd want to actually be in some way useful, rather than cannon fodder for 40+ hours I don't have to catch up with map and general game knowledge.

Yes it absolutely. I'd recommend getting the version with all of the DLC of you can. It's such good value. 

Of course, there are some amazing players out there, and there's so much choice and stuff going on it can seem a bit overwhelming at times. But watch some YouTube guides for newbies, and play with others and communicate, and things get much easier. 

Fuck knows about the Campaign though. That mess still resets my progress whenever it feels like it. So, despite a dozen attempts I've never finished it. 

Traded and -- as warned -- could not find a way of starting the game without the disc so have had to delete and have started the whole lot downloading (again) including DLC. 

Do I have to start the main game in order to get the MP to download?

Good games today whoever I played with,in all fairness when I played team deathmatch on the smaller maps I was doing fine, them big maps are fun but I seam a bit shit lol, apart from our first game lol 

So, is this worth picking up for £4, or £11 will al the DLC.

Never really played a Battlefield game before, bar a very quick dalliance with B3 for a few days. So is this still worth it or will the difficulty curve for newbies be too skewed now after all this time? Is it still busy on the PS4? Is it still worth getting into or not really worth the time investment that it would take to get good and enjoy the game?

And what's the DLC like? Is the vanilla package enough or is it one of those situations where I'd find myself locked out of 70% of online games due not having the added content?

EDIT - Ah didn't see that this had been asked so recently. Could have sworn it said the last post was about a month ago, stupid Tapatalk.

The mission in the tank on the way to the airfield can fucking do one.

• Upvote 1

Haha took me like 10 goes just did it last night, really enjoying the story mode on this, not very often I play good fps story 

In the end I just remembered where the tanks were and shot them with my tank before they appeared either on screen or the map.

I went on foot with that tanks bit in the end and took them out with a guided anti-tank rocket of some sort.

Anyone who buys this and plays the SP and never touches the MP is demented. Fact. It's the only online shooter ever to get properly under my skin, it's superb. With the different classes, and loadouts and attachments and vehicles and etc etc etc you can pretty much pick your own style of play. And with the maps being so large, every round plays out very differently.

And £12 for the all-DLC version is a steal. That's LOADS of content, and some truly excellent maps.

I want to go home and fire this up right now, but tiny screaming person says no. They're off staying with Nan in a few weeks though, so I'll be on then :D

9 minutes ago, lankysanchez said:

With the different classes, and loadouts and attachments and vehicles and etc etc etc you can pretty much pick your own style of play.

My style of play in Shootmans is offline on my own :)

6 minutes ago, deKay said:

My style of play in Shootmans is offline on my own :)

So's mine, usually. This game's worth making an exception for though :)

13 minutes ago, Thread Astaire said:

I'll be on - think Polmon's gonna jump on as well.

What did you think of hardcore?

Was pretty good, will take some getting used too before i'm happy with it but yeah I liked it. Changed the style of the game, more tactical. I can see how playing a bit more stealthily would really pay off too ^_^

12 hours ago, Luseth said:

Was pretty good, will take some getting used too before i'm happy with it but yeah I liked it. Changed the style of the game, more tactical. I can see how playing a bit more stealthily would really pay off too ^_^

AAAAAARRRGGHHHH

I don't understand why you hate hardcore so much :) 

I'm having fun working through the guns now. I've got all the class unlocks done finally, so I'm trying to work through the guns whilst also doing some of the DLC assignments for extra ones. I'm doing DMRs now, they're amazing. 

The guys who play most in here aren't find of hardcore because it strips the tactical features of spotting, requests and the radar. I think it's a bigger deal if you're focused on the whole team, where if you're playing in a tight squad with a few other people I enjoy hardcore more.

• Upvote 1

Having a small squad would make hardcore work extremely well. It doesn't detract away from me liking the standard game mode it just as Yinny said when we were online yesterday "it adds a different dimension" to the game

11 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Is there any way to change my loadouts without being in a game?

You can do it on the Battlelog website at any time (whatever format you're playing on, whether console or PC, whether you're actually playing at the time or not), but in-game you can only change loadouts during a match if you're on console.

1 hour ago, p1nseeker said:

Is there any way to change my loadouts without being in a game?

I think there is a training mode on a really small map if I remember rightly with lots of AI's that you could use maybe? But it does still mean loading up a game.

Ok cheers. Seems (to me) a strange design decision to have me in a menu, not helping the team whilst I change my loadout (which has quite a lot of variables for a noob!) but there you are.

I last played this a year ago according to battlelog and I had 74 gold battlepacks to open! I have so many xp boosts I could never play without one again, if I can figure out how to use them.