IGNORED

Battlefield 4

murray

Destiny looks beautiful, stop what you are doing and take it all in stunning in places - bf4 looks like a high res 360 game and has that last gen mud look to it, there is no comparison to which game is better looking so a specsavers trip is required I feel :P

I won't even bother with the gunplay, no one comes close to Bungie - doesn't mean BF4 isn't fun and great to play tho!

I had a few rounds on the night map, it's bloody amazing and the best looking stuff in the game! The map feels new and you need to relearn how to play it, night scopes are epic!!

Destiny isn't ugly but neither is BF4 (Especially on PC). 'Last gen mud look'... it's a military shooter. You think it looks blurry or something? I run it on a calibrated 96 inch screen projector and it looks clear to me. Maybe a trip to Dixons is required for a new TV? ;)

I seem to remember quite a few mentioning the guns didn't feel anything special when Destiny came out. I know I wasn't impressed. I've got TKK coming on Bone soon anyway so I'll see what I think then. I'm looking forward to trying out the revamped Crucible.

Zavod Night Map is superb, and such a great idea in general. It's a completely different play style, so many options, IR scopes, having to stop and scan outside areas, shooting lights out, trip mines, sneaking up on vehicles, just great.

There are night versions of Golmud Railway and Siege of Shanghai coming too. Plus the community "jungle" map and the remake of Dragon Pass from BF2.

This is all so great. It basically looks like they are spreading updates out now right until BF5 (Which I think will be their X-Mas shooter next year).

The latest patch has really messed up the hit registration on both PS4 and Pc. I don't know how many times I have seen hit markers only to do zero damage. Got the headshot marker at quite close range with an assault rifle and did 11 damage.

Something is way off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like the new community map - all the undergrowth really makes visibility a factor, I might try IR sights to see if they help seeing through all the undergrowth. The Temple capture point seems to be a focus for battles - lots of tunnels, trenches, sniping points and the access road for tanks meant it got a bit hectic. Lots of destructible buildings at the ghost village, it looked like a nuke had fallen by the end of the round :lol:

I like these patch notes. Vehicles now more dangerous, but also more vulnerable. Splash damages increased and skillful play more rewarded with below radar and boat damage angles

Good to see the PLD get a range boost. Its probably the most underused bit of extremely handy kit

Although things I dont like:

Smoke grenades now block IR scopes. Fucking crap, that play style takes real skill. Skill should be rewarded.

Radar now tells player if enemy is above or below them. Not knowing created a great sense of cat & mouse dread. Crappy addition

Still no fucking mixed objective servers!

Yeah, the smoke thing is bollocks. There are loads of counters to people using smoke and IRNV/FLIR scopes - flares, incendiaries, or just using a laser sight or tac-light on your weapon blinds them. Similarly, am IRNV/FLIR scope greatly reduces your visibility when aiming anyway as you range is lessened and you have no peripheral vision, so you're at a disadvantage in a lot of situations anyway. All smoke will do now is disorient people on both sides.

Update and map downloading now. :)

Just tried the new Community Map on Conquest Large but that was clearly more than the PS4 could handle. The map looked really nice but the frame-rate didn't hold up at all.

Really? I didn't notice any issues when I played it. It seemed just the same as the other maps framerate-wise. Was it the entire map for you, or specific areas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...