Battlefield 4

murray

Dragon's Teeth maps are best for Chainlink as they're claustrophobic and small.

The new maps are best for showing off Battlefield's vast scale warfare and great for vehicles. I shot an attack helicopter down with a tank yesterday while watching a jet smash into a railway bridge and the map with the pod launchers is bedlam. I love them, though my K/D ratio is through the floor at the moment.

I really want this..

Anyone up for trying for the bow one evening on PS4?

Yeah, I'm up for it. I don't have any of the Final Stand dogtags yet (but have all the other Phantom stuff).

Apparently there's a glitch which means you can get it by yourself and without the Final Stand dogtags, but it doesn't work on PS4 (I tried).

You still need all the Phantom assignments completed (except the latest one), then (as engineer) place an EOD bot somewhere safe, go into the lift on Hangar 21 by yourself while having the Phantom skull dogtad equipped, wearing the Phantom camo, and with Phantom paint on your guns. Then activate the EOD as soon as you press the lift button - this effectively places your player in the robot, instead of in the lift, so you don't get killed due to being alone and without the other dogtags.

In other news, sometimes revenge is really sweet...

It does my nut in! If there was a customise controls option it'd be fine, I could put spot on R3 or something. As it is I have a choice between suddenly laying on the floor in the middle of a firefight, or trying to stab enemies / vehicles who are miles away (you can see me do it in that second railgun clip I posted the other day). Knife tends to win as the least worst option as, despite the frustration of getting shot by the person 20 metres away I've just swiped my knife at, or worse, getting counterstabbed when I accidentally front-stab someone, sometimes I get an unintended lucky successful stab in!

Is there a clan or whatever for PS4? Picked this up in the week and I'm keen to jump into some team games. Played a fair bit on PC so I'm used to k+m, so still a bit cackhanded. Tending to show people a med kit instead of reviving them at the moment.

If you go onto the Battlelog website, click the Customize drop-down and select portrait. Then just type MUK in the tag box.

There's also a platoon, but I don't think anyone really bothers with it as it doesn't give any specific perks or priviledges.

That's pretty awesome! What attachments were you running?

At the time of that video I had the following attachments:

Kobra sight

2x optic (not active in the video)

Suppressor

Stubby Grip

Now I've unlocked it, I've switched to the FLIR sight in conjunction with smoke grenades. The rest of the setup is the same. I'm not using a laser as it gives my position away through smoke.

The only one I've out-and-out disliked is the U-100 MK5.

The MG4 is my favourite (and the one I have most kills with in the game), but the M249 is equally good.

The QBB-95-1 is also quite nice - it feels really accurate, and is great with smoke and an IR scope (although that goes for most of them to be honest - even the shitty U-100 gets a boost by kitting it out like that).

It looks like there will be an official announcement on the 8th Dec on the future plans for Battlefield 4 - possibly including news on the rumoured 6th DLC. Whatever it is, it's promising that the calendar on Battlelog has now been extended through to next December.

Well I've just booted this up on PS4 to be greeted with an update notification of 3.17Gb patch.

Thank goodness the PS4 downloads are leaps and bounds quicker than PS3 patches / updates, as it's about halfway through after just over 10 mins ^_^

Well I've just booted this up on PS4 to be greeted with an update notification of 3.17Gb patch.

Thank goodness the PS4 downloads are leaps and bounds quicker than PS3 patches / updates, as it's about halfway through after just over 10 mins ^_^

You missed some epic MUK rush games, shoulda popped on earlier ;)

3,17 Gb for this, I still believe we should chip in and send DICE on a course in programming.

The

following tweaks and fixes are included in this update release for the Playstation 4.

GENERAL
- Fix for a commonly occurring crash

CoD AW makes significant updates to maps, weapons and games modes - patch size 550 mb....

Something is wrong in the state of Sweden.

It looks like the CTE will soon be available for console users as well as PC - apparently just awaiting clearance from Sony and MS.

Also, the head of EA has revealed that the next Battlefield game (after Hardline) will be released in the "tail-end" of 2016, and that it will be a military-themed game.

With Battlefield Hardline still on the horizon, dropping St. Patrick’s Day of next year, EA would naturally be tight lipped about future Battlefield installments we’re already anxious to learn more about.

Though not specific on what the next game will be called, we recently discovered that the successor to Battlefield Hardline will return to the series’ military-style roots, according to EA CFO, Blake Jorgensen.

It will be “a return to a Battlefield military-style game; more to come on that,” said EA CFO Blake Jorgensen, as reported by GameSpot.

When should you expect to see the next Battlefield game? Last month, EA CEO Andrew Wilson said in a conference call to investors that “our next Battlefield experience is planned for launch in Q3FY17″ which is business lingo for October-December 2016. He continued by saying that “we want to give Battlefield 4 and Battlefield: Hardline players more time to enjoy these games and immerse themselves in a game, the live service, and the community.”

With modern military shooters becoming over-saturated in today’s current market, it will be interesting to see where EA and developer Digital Illusions C.E. will take the franchise. Will it head back to World War 2, Vietnam, or will the nods towards Battlefield: 2142 in Battlefield 4′s latest expansion Final Stand be the precursor for the long awaited sequel to the futuristic installment of the franchise?

Where would you like to see Battlefield 2016 go in terms of setting or theme?

http://mp1st.com/2014/11/19/battlefields-next-installment-heads-back-series-roots/#.VIGAi8n-ssk