Battlefield 4

murray

Random query on behalf of a friend.

He was rank 130 on Xbox One, but has had to switch back to 360 for a few weeks. His rank has gone down, and he's lost all the progres he's made in the last few months.

His Premium downloads and everythging still works. He's on the same Gamertag.

What's the score? Isn't all the ranking and stuff saved in the cloud?

Thanks.

Are you saying his rank on the 360 is lower or has he gone back to the XBO after playing on the 360 and it's not gone back to what it was?

Anyone notice dying a lot quicker since the update? I got my eye in eventually but for the first hour I was getting stomped on all the time.

Technically you take longer to die with most weapons doing less damage now, assault weapons need 5 bullets to kill but 4 before the patch but then you have the better netcode meaning bullets should register more often and accurately and the lack of visual recall when ADS will have an effect too i am sure!

It feels snappier all round, think the patch has made lots of little but important changes that added together make quite a difference!

Technically you take longer to die with most weapons doing less damage now, assault weapons need 5 bullets to kill but 4 before the patch but then you have the better netcode meaning bullets should register more often and accurately and the lack of visual recall when ADS will have an effect too i am sure!

It feels snappier all round, think the patch has made lots of little but important changes that added together make quite a difference!

Yeah it definitely feels snappier, it felt better but slightly harder to play which is no bad thing.

Starting to improve on this now, ad enjoying it even more.

Took on some advice previously given and have taken on the Support class.

I love the map Golmud Railway? Everytime I just try to hold points A and B at the top of the map, just running between the 2 trying to capture, defend etc. Really love it!

Was on Locker last night, playing as support with the L88, I manage to successfully flank them at the choke point and came up behind what must of been 15-20 guys all with their backs to me, I led down and prepared to unleash hell on them, expecting to at least take 5 or 6 with me before I inevitably died. But what actually happened was I let off around 6 teaser shots, only to then realise my mag was empty! Obviously died instantly when all 40,000 of them turned round and shot me at once. I was genuinely distraught for the rest of the match that I had messed that up so badly!

I'll be on again tonight :)

Golmud's an absolutely cracking map. So many different strategies you can employ.

One I particularly like if I'm on with my squad is to try and hold the point nearest the opposition's base and prevent them getting vehicles out onto the map by having one squaddie with PLO and the rest with guided missiles. Of course this strategy works well on many maps but it seems particularly effective on this one due to the distance of those points from their spawns and the lack of cover for helis as they come out of their base.

Such fun

I had the best and worst time today, fucking shit guns for assignments always make me play like shite but i did get my final road kills with the SUAV so have done the last of the Phantom assignments :D

Getting near the end of the assignments i think i can get, no way will i do the multi melee ribbons one etc - may even play the game properly for a while :o

Ohh, fuck me rush is good now :D

I said this the other day, but... Smoke grenades + MG4 + FLIR / IRNV Scope = amaze!

Not ideal in oudoor environments, but you can hold off loads of people in a corridor with this sort of setup. The best bit is than almost none of them seem to wise up and equip their own IRNV scopes. The best they've managed so far is to throw a few flashbangs to try and blind me.

Had some great fun today, few games with fellow moochers Ricky and Phil - i gleefully told them about an amazing quick scope like kill i got when i bailed from a helicopter through a lift door - first clip in video and not as effortless as i recall!!!

Also cleaned up the last two road kills with my new best mate Mr Suav and finally a surprise lift kill - clever tactic that would have got me if i was head on no doubt!!

Just waiting for Ricky to upload his vid now ;)

Great fun tonight, cheers.

My video....it didn't work!!! It was only 19 seconds long and stopped just before I gone and done it!

It was basically me sniping someone on the top of a huugggeee building, with my rocket launcher, from the ground - standard stuff for you BF4 pro's no doubt!

It gave me a happy feeling, not felt for some time.

It was good fun last night, I am going to work on the DMR's next I think as I was playing around with the MK11 Mod 0 last night and it is quite good with an ACOG scope.

I should hopefully be about tonight for a quick game, but if not I will be on for most of Thursday from 7ish. It would be good to get a big group all playing together.

It was good fun last night, I am going to work on the DMR's next I think as I was playing around with the MK11 Mod 0 last night and it is quite good with an ACOG scope.

I should hopefully be about tonight for a quick game, but if not I will be on for most of Thursday from 7ish. It would be good to get a big group all playing together.

I love the MK11 Mod, and after the patch even more so, being able to use it with the ACOG scope.

Had a streak yesterday playing TDM on Zavod 311, where I took out 4 people (including one revive) in quick succession. Might have been a little bit of luck too.

Just waiting for that bloody update that let's me upload directly to Youtube. Also have some nice clips using my favorite anti sniper tool, the SUAV.

This isn't very exciting, but I feel compelled to show you all!

I had my best round to date last night, on Paracel Storm, first time I have ever finished top of the leaderboard, by some margin too. Spent the entire map just defending and attaching bases, on support class, love the LMG guns at the moment.

So here a little picture I took, to erm, showoff I guess!

I was so immersed in the game, shooty bang banging people, I didn't even notice Saru had joined until the end!

No idea why the picture is side-ways..

post-16456-0-38784800-1412757751.jpg

Nice one :)

I love the variety this game offer, i had such a laugh playing today with a mate - comms (that i should have recorded) chatting tactics and we decided to play a round or 3 just on the hovercraft things with the aim of taking down a boat with C4, just had a riot playing and got one first round...

We then moved onto snipers only for a few rounds, got into a personal battle between us and another sniper with Bruce in his gamertag, he tea bagged me the first time he killed me so it was therefore on like donkey kong....

I killed his with a knife, pistol, sniper and finally c4 - only missing a SUAV kill to complete a kit clean sweep, again the laughs we had that round were immense! A friendly message was sent to him, love it when you get little situations like that as it was clear he was playing the same revenge game as us!!!

Found a server that *only* plays Metro 2014. So much fun.

:facepalm: You're part of the problem ;)

Seriously though, we can't get brilliant game modes like CTF on the new maps, or decent carrier assault rooms, which are superb for team work and flow, but then if you want a x400 ticket Metro game? Sure, take your pick. Spawn, die, spawn, die, no skill. Might as well play COD. *Rant over, not a personal attack Shiru' but it just grinds my gears in general*

In other news, Tesco are doing Battlefield Hardline for £36: http://www.tesco.com/direct/battlefield-hardline-ps4/169-5511.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=169-5511

£5 off 1st order : TDX-HQ9T

Total for game: £31 delivered.

Considering the beta was superb fun, for £31 you can't go wrong, it's currently £45 for PS4 on Amazon.

I play those too, but don't have a regular squad to play with making teamwork and flow pretty difficult when you're by yourself ;)

Metro is just bonkers although some wanker had managed to find a way into the crawl space between the lower platform and upper level at point B and was killing people from inside the floor.

I don't think labelling me part of a problem is very helpful (I know you're just kidding), but I don't find it much fun playing alone on a giant map and getting sniped after spending 5 minutes walking across a map on foot as all the vehicles are taken or destroyed (Gulf of Oman, I'm looking at you).

If you would like an early warning system for death and free defib ribbons, please add me to your friend list, follow me around, watch me die and revive me :)

PSN ID same as forum name.