Battlefield 4

murray

A few interesting rumours floating around about the game at the moment.

One is that the spawn system is to be revised to prevent players spawning on their teammates if they're supressed. This will prevent those situations where you're just taking out a single opponent only for one or more of his teammates to suddenly pop out of thin air and nail you.

The biggie is the rumour that a further set of DLC may be in the works, supposedly from Dice LA and again being re-worked Battlefield 3 maps. Not sure how much weight to give to this (remember all those BF3 rumours about a DLC pack set in American cities?), but it could be great if true and a good holdover to keep players interested before Hardline releases. So many great maps to choose from too.

One is that the spawn system is to be revised to prevent players spawning on their teammates if they're supressed. This will prevent those situations where you're just taking out a single opponent only for one or more of his teammates to suddenly pop out of thin air and nail you.

The biggie is the rumour that a further set of DLC may be in the works, supposedly from Dice LA and again being re-worked Battlefield 3 maps. Not sure how much weight to give to this (remember all those BF3 rumours about a DLC pack set in American cities?), but it could be great if true and a good holdover to keep players interested before Hardline releases. So many great maps to choose from too.

The non spawning seems to randomly be in effect, sometimes you just can't spawn on a team mate i have found, usually if they are under fire - i like it when you pick off a few but its a fucker when you are chasing someone when the spawn on him drops behind you!!

That 'rumour' comes off the back of one of the youtubers being contacted about what maps from pre battlefield games would people like to see 'if' there was to be a further map pack - many saying as a thank you to fans for sticking with the game through the troubles!

Grand Bazaar, Seine crossing & Nosehair canals being the correct answer of course!

I'd much rather see some Bad Company 2 maps return over some more BF3 maps.

Oh man totally down for more maps, even remakes. The game plays superbly now and apart from not being able to find certain game modes on certain maps, it's perfect.

There isn't even a release date for Hardline as far as I'm aware. I guess since the next DLC is out before Christmas, there is room for one more in Feb / March if Hardline isn't out until the summer.

I'd love to see some BC2 maps return. The video I saw was specific about BF3 maps, but I don't know if there's any real weight to this anyway. I guess it might be easier to re-use Frostbite 2 assets (in terms of destructability etc.) than it would older ones, but I don't really know.

There are still tons of great BF3 maps to choose from though. I think the selection chosen for Second Assault were a little uninspired to be honest, although they're all excellent if you can find CTF games on them - even Operation Metro!

One of the things that's kicked this off is Dice asking the community which weapons they'd like to see back in BF4.

Have you added most from here, couple seem to be on now,I would play but not got any time, had a couple of TDM matches - mental mode that and good place to learn the weapons if not the maps!

Biggest tip is to use everything at your disposal, so many ways to kill or be killed - don't run in COD style as you will get slapped most of the time. I think Kerraig put up a couple of videos in here so worth hunting down...

Another game i love playing is the red mist tank baiting...

Cheers Shimmy. Have added peoples who's PSN's I can see from the last 4 or 5 pages.

I am definitely guilty of running out into the open, I think I'm still in Destiny mode. When I hang back I certainly do better. Every round I seem to be bottom half of the table with a very even K/D ratio.

I am not sure what gun to be settling with / aiming for, I like something with a bit of range and stability!

Also losing every 1 on 1 at the moment :(

Cheers Shimmy. Have added peoples who's PSN's I can see from the last 4 or 5 pages.

I am definitely guilty of running out into the open, I think I'm still in Destiny mode. When I hang back I certainly do better. Every round I seem to be bottom half of the table with a very even K/D ratio.

I am not sure what gun to be settling with / aiming for, I like something with a bit of range and stability!

Also losing every 1 on 1 at the moment :(

Even if you can't get in with people from here get into a squad, stick with them - if they have no medic with them be the medic, if no support be the support and supply the ammo etc etc!

It may have been said but if not get the AK5C, easy early unlock and still my second most used gun 500 hours in, it is a beast up close with a red dot sight but also great at range with a 3.8x zoom and heavy barrel.

When you get into a 1 on 1 are you doing the COD special and aiming down sights? Most new people do, i still do on occasion but hip firing will be getting rounds away quicker and winning those 1 on 1 fights. Also, if they have a PDW and you have a carbine, assault rifle etc you will lose the 1 on 1 if they can aim!

Stick with it, squad up and while you learn the maps make yourself useful and earn points - remember this isn't a k/d ratio game, as i have said before i have topped the leaderboard and not fired a round!

Played on a map last night...erm, I can't remember the name. But it blew my mind.

Its one with islands, and one of the control points is a big aircraft carrier. This will be the norm for most of you guys, but I couldn't believe it when the weather changed! :o , I thought it was my TV haha. When the wind picked up, and the sea went crazy, and the rain started coming down, I was genuinely amazed. First time I have really noticed such a change in a game before.

Quite enjoying the SAR-21 at the moment, although I unlocked one of those IR scopes, and I can't help but feel like its cheating? Enemies are so much easier to spot now, and keep my aim on them whilst shooting!

Anybody around tonight?

I might be on tonight.

That map is Paracel Storm. There's a warship lodged against one of those wind turbines in the sea that can be dislodged so it crashes into one of the islands too. :)

The IR scopes are really useful in some situations (in smoke or heavy foliage), but you're effectively blind over longer distances or if someone uses flares / smoke / flashbangs etc. It's one of the great things about the game - nothing is overpowered in all situations; Everything has cons as well as pros and it's a case of picking the right gear for the job you want to do.

Cool, I'll hopefully catch you both tonight then.

One more little question (sorry). I bought the Premium Pass thingy, and downloaded all of the map packs. However I read there was 5, but have only been able to find and download 4.

The one missing is Final Stand? Is there a reason for this?

I will be about tonight after 7ish once I've put my son to bed. It will be good to play as a big group.

I've been having some epic games over the weekend with the M4. I need to sort out this share center thing, can you upload direct to YouTube or does it have to be done through FB? I haven't logged in on mine because I can't remember my password and messing about transferring videos to a USB then to the PC seems faffy.

I uploaded that to Youtube via USB stick. It was pretty quick. I've not used the built-in uploader, so unsure about the options. Can anyone shed some light?

I had some great games on Chainlink over the weekend. Started using the PDWs - great for close quarters combat. I've maxed out LMGs, so going Support class a rest for a while now.