Battlefield 4

murray

I found this video which gives a rundown of the weapon buffs / nerfs coming in the next patch (supposedly the last week in September). Looks like fan faves the MTAR and the AWS are taking a hit.

I'm not sure how much difference these will make as I find it difficult to equate a small decimal point change into the actual feel of a weapon, but the guy on the video refers to some of them as big changes.

you really need to have some proper sessions with us Dave. I see you playing it from time to time but never with the rllmuk boys. Me and Kriess just had a session you'd have loved.

I missed this session for bake off :o

I like destiny but I don't know why, it is a boring grind at times but a nice place to be - I haven't figured out what the game is! Having said that I hate rpg games ans mmo games so it is doing something right as I do want to keep playing it.

However this is a much better game IMO, if I have an hours sneaky game time there is no chance I play anything but this!

It is in the category of counter strike, unreal tournament, COD modern warfare for me as the all time shooters I feel I could play forever!

Its the best thing on the PS4 by like a thousand miles. But people are tired of hearing me try to convince them

That said though, it also still has some huge problems. I think 64 player has ruined it

For us PC players it's always been about the 64 player. We love our BF in 64.

I only realised yesterday that you can set your aim-down-sights sensitivity independently of your movement sensitivity! This is pretty useful as, while my movement sensitivity is set at 40% to allow me to turn and view my surroundings pretty rapidly, it can make aiming accurately at distant targets more difficult. Not any more!

I only realised yesterday that you can set your aim-down-sights sensitivity independently of your movement sensitivity! This is pretty useful as, while my movement sensitivity is set at 40% to allow me to turn and view my surroundings pretty rapidly, it can make aiming accurately at distant targets more difficult. Not any more!

Woah, that amazing - i was saying to Kerraig how i have it up high for movement but he prefers it much slower for aiming!

Yeah, it's really handy. You set your movement sensitivity as normal under the Options / Controls menu by changing the Sensitivity percentage. Then you set your aim-down-sights sensitivity by changing the Soldier Zoom Sensitivity setting, which I think is a percentage of your normal movement, so in my case my Sensitivity is set to 40% and my Soldier Zoom is set to 75% of that. I will experiment and possibly lower the Soldier Zoom even more.

post-1027-0-18890500-1411484833_thumb.jp

I also changed my control setting the other day as I'm sick of accidentally clicking R3 and laying on the floor in the middle of a firefight. Now I just attempt to knife someone from 20 metres away instead... :facepalm:

This has also meant that I've frontstabbed a lot of people sucessfully by accident, but with the downside that some of them counter it, much to my self-disgust.

The SCAR-H SV kicks ass! I've gone from hardly using the DMRs at all to using this one loads since I first gave it a go a couple of weeks back. It seems to have pretty much zero bullet drop - the clip below shows two kills from approx 370 metres (I checked it later using the rangefinder on my CS-LR4 - I had to aim much higher with the sniper rifle to make the same sort of shot).

Good fun last night, played Chainlink for a few hours and was joined by Kerraig and Fish for the last hour or so. That game mode has really grown on me and those maps are all sublime.

Glad you enjoyed my MG4 build Kerraig. If anyone is interested, it's MG4 with the stubby grip (helps with hip fire accuracy), muzzle break (reduces vertical kick by 25%), then a red dot (I find magnification scopes just aren't necessary and mess up the accuracy). You can full auto it with barely any kick (I tried having suppressors, heavy barrel etc but they all increase the kick significantly) or you can tap /burst fire and use it as a sniper rifle, I've had lots of long range head shots with it. It basically feels like an amazing Assault rifle. Plus, of course, 200 round magazine, so you can forget about reloading and attempt to take on 4+ guys without worrying about ducking behind cover to reload. It's amazing! My best round last night was 15-1 with it, in a quick game where we smashed up the other team on Lumpy Gardens.