Battlefield 4

murray

I just don't like the compactness of Dragons Teeth. If I'd wanted to spawn, kill, die, repeat, I'd be playing Call of Duty.!

Maybe you're playing it too much like CoD?

Take it slow and that shouldn't be happening (and equip a suppressor).

I'm not particularly a fan of Pearl Market, but I really like the rest of the Dragon's Teeth maps.

In other news, I squadded up with a couple of mates for a few games at the weekend and by god what a difference actually using voice comms makes. Playing to our class, coordinating our tactics, spotting enemies, just brilliant. Or it was until we got too pissed and just joined a Locker-only server and ran about playing dumb shootymans :lol:

Does the MAV have a gun? I tried to use it for the first time the other day and couldn't get it to take off, i hear you use face buttons to take it off - weird!

The MAV fires an EMP pulse that can be used to destroy equipment and detonate explosives. The controls are X to ascend, press right stick to descend, Right trigger to fire the EMP pulse, left trigger to toggle the zoom on the camera. You can spot as normal with the benefit that the spotting radius is much larger than when on foot.

Nice work with the tank. :)

Holy shit, just seen a chopper pilot dodge fire and escape by curving down and under the bridge by A on Hannan resort! Some of the best flying I've witnessed going on during that match. I've got it recorded but have no idea how to upload it.

The game should have a way to send a 5 sec comms message to someone on your team or squad, i was gunner to some chap in the attack help who was amazing - he was flying it between buildings i didn't think you could get a little bird between on Shanghai so he needed complementing.

I can see why they wouldn't have this feature because i also needed to have 5 sec comms with the worst tank driver i have ever been with tonight....

I sometimes join servers in spectator mode, look for someone who seems to playing really well, and then follow their game. One guy had his controller sensitivity really high and was nailing everything (although I guess he might have had one of those keyboard & mouse adapters).

Anyone doing the same to me would just witness me dying constantly because I've accidentally clicked the right stick in a firefight and laid on the floor like a muppet AGAIN. :(

I wasd messing around in spectator mode when this sad story unfolded...

It's the little scream at the end that makes it. :D

For some reason only part of the video saved - before the events above, the guy had managed to irretrievably beach his LAV on a rock in the river below the tower.

Since getting fibre installed I've become a killing machine. Yesterday I decided to try the Aug for the first time on Paracel storm, I was 7/12 kd's at one point and our team was losing by over 100 tickets and then the gun clicked with me and I ended up 35/16 or something like that and we won by 30 or so tickets. I am pretty sure that my leading the assault on B which turned into a major battle that went on for ages led to the turnaround. Yeah, love this game.

Nah I was in a raised soldier post thingy taking out tanks and I got blown to smithereens and the camera panned across to show you running into the army base. Haha. :)

Ahhh on silk road, i remember that kill - was well pleased as the RPG went in your mouth ;)

I finished off an assignment tonight using the A-91, hated it to start with but with a suppressor and grip it is bloody brilliant - great thing about the assignments id finding new guns and playing with the setup to get them to your liking.

Nothing thus far is making the QBU-88 anything other than a turd!

Nothing thus far is making the QBU-88 anything other than a turd!

When I was doing those weapon assignments I really liked the QBU-88 - I found it to be much better than the SKS or M39. Not used it much since though, to be fair.

I had a game of Rush on Dawnbreaker tonight where the defenders had managed to get a spawn beacon and a bunch of camping snipers up on the building overlooking the first checkpoint and able to fire right into our spawn. I managed to nail all of them more than once with the UCAV until, eventually, one of them actually changed teams so he could run me over with one of our quad bikes. :D

Only just saw Fishy and Skeez-0 in my few two games night, I'd be on a while as just couldn't face more grinding in Destiny. I'll probably be back on this most nights when I can now, man it felt good, the MG4 is still such a beast!

I had a lovely moment earlier on golf of Omen, C4'ing up a quad bike, driving it in to their flag base, then jumping off and letting it roll silently for 50 metres into the path of a enemy, only to them to go bomb :)

I've noticed a drop off in player numbers since Destiny launched. It was hard enough finding Rush & CTF games before, but it's even worse now. Even casting the server browser net to look at East and West US as well as Euro servers it often just brings up three of four games - and half of those are nearly empty.

Conquest games are still widely available, but I've tired of that mode somewhat. Hopefully the new patch this month which removes Commanders from Rush games might make a bit of a difference.

I really wish they'd introduce CTF as a mode on ALL the maps, as opposed to just Second Assault and Dragon's Teeth.