Battlefield 4

murray

How on Earth do people get good at Choppers in this game. I've got to the point where I'm comfortable flying around but I just feel like as soon as you lift off you're constantly under attack. And more often than not it's either a jet attacking you or simply crashing into you.

It feels like the learning curve is so steep there, and the frequency of actually getting into a chopper so low (once per game if you're really trying?) that it's really tricky to improve. I've tried the test range but ultimately you need moving targets to go beyond just general handling I find.

But then I see these Chopper Ninjas flying around tearing shit up with their 30mm cannons, constantly slightly out of range from anti-air, I just don't see how they've managed to get that good! Are most of these guys just Battlefield veterans from multiple games?

Try finding a Conquest server with max tickets on Silk Road, then just wait on a littlebird spawning. Littlebird is the best helicopter IMO.

It's a great map to learn to fly, believe it or not the 7.62mm guns are far superior than the 25mm for taking out other air vehicles, boats, jeeps, bikes. Useless against tanks and harder to kill ground troops as there's no splash damage.

I'm a pretty decent pilot but if I am caught off guard I can still die easily. As shimmyhill says if you can get a couple of guys with stingers / repair tools you are a force not to be reckoned with.

Nice bit of tea bagging there! Some dumb ass tea bagged me last night, he was in the AA and i hit him with some jet fury and then bailed out and slammed up his AA - he jumped out C4'd the whole thing killing me and the AA...

So off i went to get my revenge, found the AA and set on him - bastard got me again, double tea bagged :(

I got the little fucker later on, i am still tea bagging him now!!

I got an assignment you haven't got last night and was pretty pleased with that, i take any small victories i can get in this assignments arms race ;)

Nice bit of tea bagging there! Some dumb ass tea bagged me last night, he was in the AA and i hit him with some jet fury and then bailed out and slammed up his AA - he jumped out C4'd the whole thing killing me and the AA...

So off i went to get my revenge, found the AA and set on him - bastard got me again, double tea bagged :(

I got the little fucker later on, i am still tea bagging him now!!

I got an assignment you haven't got last night and was pretty pleased with that, i take any small victories i can get in this assignments arms race ;)

I rarely teabag anyone to be honest, just when it's a revenge kill or something I'm particularly pleased with - kinda like a victory dance. My favourite teabagging incident was one time where someone killed me and then teabagged his ass right onto the claymore I'd planted just before I died. :D

Which assignment is it then? I sense a challenge! :)

I had my first server banning last night, it's a complete mystery as to why though. Still, I feel like a real man now.

There's far too many servers with 'stipulations' now.

"No Javelin"

"No Stinger"

"No IGLA"

"No M2 Slam"

It's all a bit retarded.

I've also had a server banning. I had the audacity to wait for my target inside a building and then shoot them as they entered. I presume I was banned for 'camping'.

The only time they're not lame is when it's banning the use of a glitched setup. Like the heavy barrel + underslung + dart on the M26 basically making it a one hit kill from assault rifle range in BF3.

Had a couple of aggressive recon games on the Dragon's Tooth maps last night which were great too. 3.4x scope on the .338 Recon with a suppressor and laser/light combo. Some motion sensors, C4 and a Shorty in the off-hand. Worked really well!

Edit: Yeah, sniper limits are good too. 10/16 people on your team being Recon trying to attack an MCOM = not fun.

I think all the 'No Airburst!!!!' etc stipulations on servers are ridiculous and I usually cheerfully ignore them. If a weapon or gadget is in the game it should be fair play to use. I presume there's no option to disable specific weapons etc in the server admin settings?

the amount of times ive been banned for twatting mortars into sniping server op's is insane.

I don't mind weapon related server rules if everyone abides by them. The problem is that, while I start off with the best intentions of not using a shotgun (or whatever is forbidden), I can largely guarantee that I'll be twatted in the face by a SPAS-12 or something within 2 minutes of starting the round. At which time all rules are renderd pointless.

I wish DICE would allow console server rentals to allow the facility to switch weapons etc. on or off in the settings. That way players would have to abide by them or choose another server. As long as the info was clearly displayed on the load screen, e.g. "This server features custom weapon rules - see server info for details", then it wouldn't be an issue.

The server rules I always ignore - in fact go out of my way to break - are those where someone says something like "Anyone taking my helicopter will be banned". This then means that my sole objective is to steal / destroy the chopper for fun.

Ohhh fuck yeah, proper Goldeneye vibes from that!

I wonder if they will announce the next battlefield game soon, i have no interest in the cops and robbers one and in a way it's good no proper sequel has been announced as should mean loads more time on 4 :D

Dragon's Teeth is amazing if played in Rush or Capture the Flag mode. Conquest is a bit meh on them (with the exception of Propaganda).

Quite a detailed look at the Final Stand map currently being tested in the CTE:

Not sure I like the idea of that hover tank, especially with it's maneouverability.

Ohhh fuck yeah, proper Goldeneye vibes from that!

I wonder if they will announce the next battlefield game soon, i have no interest in the cops and robbers one and in a way it's good no proper sequel has been announced as should mean loads more time on 4 :D

No interest? It played great as a beta. Quite a few of us spent hours on one map.

It's a safe bet that the following Battlefield won't be until 2016. You'll be playing Hardline once the hype starts building again I'm sure.

I fucking love snow maps. :D

The DLC for BF4 has all been excellent apart from Dragon's Teeth. It felt so out of place.

Capture the flag and chain link make DT maps incredible. Not out of place at all.